Author Topic: Kaepernick Tells CBS He'll Stand During National Anthem  (Read 739 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kaepernick Tells CBS He'll Stand During National Anthem
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:07:17 pm »
Sunday, 08 Oct 2017 01:29 PM

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has told CBS that he would stand during the national anthem if given a chance to play football in the NFL again.

According to a report by Jason La Canfora on Sunday, Kaepernick has been living in New York and working out privately in New Jersey with the hope of signing with a team this season.

Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem last season to bring more attention to the killings of black men by police officers. The protests spread this season after the former San Francisco 49er was unable to sign on with another team.

The issue has grown this season as Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett recently said he was racially profiled by Las Vegas police during a confrontation, and President Donald Trump aggressively chastised players and owners for protesting during the anthem.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/fbn-kaepernick/2017/10/08/id/818388/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Kaepernick Tells CBS He'll Stand During National Anthem
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 06:10:46 pm »
Sunday, 08 Oct 2017 01:29 PM

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has told CBS that he would stand during the national anthem if given a chance to play football in the NFL again.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/fbn-kaepernick/2017/10/08/id/818388/

Nothing like a man of principles huh? :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 06:20:05 pm »
 Too little too late.

And, standing for the anthem still doesn't make him a marketable player.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:48:44 pm »
He is a house built upon sand. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 07:12:40 pm »
Nothing like a man of principles huh? :silly:

My first thought also
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 12:48:17 pm »
Crummy Broadcasting Screwup
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 01:39:03 pm »
Kaepernick’s girlfriend: He won’t be standing for anthem
NY Post, Oct 8, 2017

Pro-football quarterback Colin Kaepernick has no plans to stand for the national anthem if he gets another job in the league, his girlfriend said Sunday, following reports he would spike his protest given a second shot.

“The reports that Colin will stand for the anthem are completely false! He has never discussed this with anyone,” tweeted Kaepernick’s gal pal, Nessa Diab, after stories that he would change his tune to land a job surfaced again Sunday.

More: http://nypost.com/2017/10/08/kaepernicks-girlfriend-he-wont-be-standing-for-anthem/

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:01:37 pm »
In one hand, I hold a chewed, muddy cigar-butt that has been sitting in a gutter for three weeks. In the other, I hold an assurance from Colin Kaepernick. For the life of me, I can't decide which of the two is more totally, utterly and completely worthless.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 03:25:46 pm »
“The reports that Colin will stand for the anthem are completely false! He has never discussed this with anyone,” tweeted Kaepernick’s gal pal, Nessa Diab, after stories that he would change his tune to land a job surfaced again Sunday.
By at least one report, Ms. Diab is the main reason her man is out of a job. Maybe he should stop listening to her.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024