Author Topic: Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'  (Read 19241 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Slaves freed after the Civil War would disagree with you about the 14th.

Gay marriage?  Abortion on Demand?  Destroying prayer in schools?  Citizenship for illegal aliens?  Rewriting the "natural born citizen"  requirement? 

I'm sorta thinking freed slaves would have opposed all of those things.   

But far be it from me to get in the way of your alt-Right rant.

Your alt-right rant.  Please continue with it.  I want to hear more about what your strawman thinks. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Hoodat

How again were those amendments passed?   I'm not sure you really want to rev up this particular discussion.

Let's not forget that West Virginia thingie either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

My vote for the classiest and most refined minivan goes hands down to the first gen Pontiac Transport.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let's not forget that West Virginia thingie either.

Absolutely not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

Between Corker and McCain, the 17th is front and center for me right now.

How has the 14th done more damage?

It's "penumbra"  is so big,  it can endlessly incorporate an infinite amount of liberal nonsense into the US Constitution.   

Anchor babies are one of the things created by the 14th amendment.   I think "Wickard"  owes it's existence to the 14th.   

The first part of it is reasonable,  but the second half is such a mess of gobbledygook that you can drive a liberal truck through it. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia
Dear, do you think I take much of any of the back and forth seriously?  Have you noticed that I don't care whether people agree with my opinion and I don't expect them to care if I agree with theirs?  There is an element of serious and genuine opinion from me typically in my first statement about something and perhaps a follow up for clarification if I've cocked up the readability in my first attempt.  But after that it's just me having fun; there is no intent to hurt and I don't ascribe that intent to anyone who responds to me.  If someone throws crap I'm going to throw it right back, or sometimes I'm going to throw it to see if someone has a sense of humor or not.

Okay, dear.   Thanks for explaining yourself.  It wasn't necessary, but your effort is noted.  :shrug:

@RoosGirl

Offline RoosGirl

Okay, dear.   Thanks for explaining yourself.  It wasn't necessary, but your effort is noted.  :shrug:

@RoosGirl

It's no skin off my nose.  If it avoids future misunderstanding that is a good thing.  And the drinking thing is not a sensitive subject for me; I simply do not like the taste of alcohol.  Plus @Frank Cannon needs me sober.

Offline Frank Cannon

It's no skin off my nose.  If it avoids future misunderstanding that is a good thing.  And the drinking thing is not a sensitive subject for me; I simply do not like the taste of alcohol.  Plus @Frank Cannon needs me sober.

There is so much comradery and love on this forum. I would pay everyone's airline travel and the hotel ballroom to get all the ladies of TBR together in one place. I would also hand out complimentary nail files and knitting needles in the swag bags just to see what would happen.

Offline RoosGirl

There is so much comradery and love on this forum. I would pay everyone's airline travel and the hotel ballroom to get all the ladies of TBR together in one place. I would also hand out complimentary nail files and knitting needles in the swag bags just to see what would happen.

I can't speak for the other ladies, but I would start by making you give me a pedicure.

Offline Frank Cannon

I can't speak for the other ladies, but I would start by making you give me a pedicure.

If you have ugly feet I'm putting you on ignore immediately.

Offline RoosGirl

If you have ugly feet I'm putting you on ignore immediately.

You're so fickle.  I can type with my toes.

Besides, you would get bored if you put me on ignore.

Offline Frank Cannon

You're so fickle.  I can type with my toes.

Hey. I have standards.....and fetishes.

Besides, you would get bored if you put me on ignore.

I'll say. You are one of the few people on this thread, about a mediocre Senator, that hasn't tried to rehash the Civil War, or for our southern friends The War of Northern Aggression.

Online Hoodat

.  .  .  that hasn't tried to rehash the Civil War, or for our southern friends The War of Northern Aggression.

This Southerner prefers "The War of Secession".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Don't you expect more from the President than some people yapping on an Internet forum?

I do, but this thread proves some people have literally no room to talk.

Maybe they'll be embarrassed when they sober up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

This Southerner prefers "The War of Secession".

That's the cleaned up PC term from the modern Southern sophisticates. The Sons of the Soil I knew back in the day openly used the other term.

Online Hoodat

That's the cleaned up PC term from the modern Southern sophisticates. The Sons of the Soil I knew back in the day openly used the other term.

The term came from the French.  La Guerre de Sécession.  It seems accurate to me since that is exactly what the war was fought over, at least from the standpoint of the Commonwealth of Virginia. 

Many of the Sons of the Soil I know do not consider the War to be over yet.

Offline RoosGirl

Hey. I have standards.....and fetishes.

I'll say. You are one of the few people on this thread, about a mediocre Senator, that hasn't tried to rehash the Civil War, or for our southern friends The War of Northern Aggression.

I'm a Southron.  I don't care what people call the war.  And I have no idea what that has to do with my pedicure or your weird fetishes. 

By the way, my mom had one of the Dust Buster vans when I was in high school.  Hers was the ultra-high class Oldsmobile version, so I'm sure no one made fun of her for owning one.

Offline Frank Cannon

By the way, my mom had one of the Dust Buster vans when I was in high school.  Hers was the ultra-high class Oldsmobile version, so I'm sure no one made fun of her for owning one.

I knew you were a woman of class and breeding, but an Oldsmobile? That's a whole 'nother level. You folks probably had a chauffeur for the minivan and used finger bowls at dinner. 

Offline RoosGirl

I knew you were a woman of class and breeding, but an Oldsmobile? That's a whole 'nother level. You folks probably had a chauffeur for the minivan and used finger bowls at dinner.

Oh totally. You remember those Pollaner all fruit commercials where the Gomer Pyle looking doofus drawls out "Can ya pass th' jelleh" and all the high brow folks around the table dropped their solid silver service?  Those high brow folks were us.  The old grey poupon commercials?  Nouveau riche scum (driving around with mustard in the cheapest Rolls they make) compared to us.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh totally. You remember those Pollaner all fruit commercials where the Gomer Pyle looking doofus drawls out "Can ya pass th' jelleh" and all the high brow folks around the table dropped their solid silver service?  Those high brow folks were us.  The old grey poupon commercials?  Nouveau riche scum (driving around with mustard in the cheapest Rolls they make) compared to us.

It's a small world. My dad was actually the guy asking for the jelleh.....

Offline DiogenesLamp

Well,  to be fair,  I didn't bring it up.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The term came from the French.  La Guerre de Sécession.  It seems accurate to me since that is exactly what the war was fought over, at least from the standpoint of the Commonwealth of Virginia. 

Many of the Sons of the Soil I know do not consider the War to be over yet.

If you study our history and our current politics long enough,  you start getting the notion that it never really ended.   Much of the disaster we are currently facing regarding the relationships between the Federal Government and the states is a consequence of that war. 

I've come to realize that the "establishment"  now,  is really just the descendents of the "establishment"  back then.    Since before the civil war,   the nation has been ruled by a power corridor stretching between Washington DC and Boston.   

It is they who's power and influence establishes Washington DC policy today,   and there is a very good reason why they own the media-weapon. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

If you study our history and our current politics long enough,  you start getting the notion that it never really ended.   Much of the disaster we are currently facing regarding the relationships between the Federal Government and the states is a consequence of that war. 

I've come to realize that the "establishment"  now,  is really just the descendents of the "establishment"  back then.    Since before the civil war,   the nation has been ruled by a power corridor stretching between Washington DC and Boston.   

It is they who's power and influence establishes Washington DC policy today,   and there is a very good reason why they own the media-weapon. 

Good statement.  Only thing I would change is that it is an extension of the war, not a consequence.

And, that it is doubly tragic that slavery was the presenting issue in the war.  It should have been a war over state vs. federal, but slavery has forever indelibly linked an abomination with states' rights.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Gay marriage?  Abortion on Demand?  Destroying prayer in schools?  Citizenship for illegal aliens?  Rewriting the "natural born citizen"  requirement? 

Activist judges in the 20th and 21 Century.  The original Amendment as it was written was good and so was it's purpose.

Be mad at the people that have bastardized it...not the original intent and purpose.

You're throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Your alt-right rant.  Please continue with it.  I want to hear more about what your strawman thinks.

Hey you're the one bashing the "Slave" Amendments of the Constitution as crap...not me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Absolutely correct! 100% That war changed the character of the USA from the Constitutional Republic we were given to the Mercantile empire it has become!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien