Author Topic: Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'  (Read 19159 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:49:23 am by Mod1 »

My next goal for this thread is getting a 2 page discussion going on which minivan looks the classiest.

88devil

Offline RoosGirl

This is not a threat but I'm thinking seriously of saving the last couple of pages to post the next time somebody criticizes Trump's tweets.

I think that's a great idea!

Offline Frank Cannon

Comment removed by Mod.

Was this a good insult or was it so worthless the Mod scrubbed it to save embarrassment?

Offline RoosGirl

Was this a good insult or was it so worthless the Mod scrubbed it to save embarrassment?

It had potential, but I don't drink liquor which of course RiV could not know about me, so it was just mediocre.  But now Frank, you know something else about me that you can hate!   ^-^

Offline DB

This is not a threat but I'm thinking seriously of saving the last couple of pages to post the next time somebody criticizes Trump's tweets.

Don't you expect more from the President than some people yapping on an Internet forum?

Offline Frank Cannon

It had potential, but I don't drink liquor which of course RiV could not know about me, so it was just mediocre.  But now Frank, you know something else about me that you can hate!   ^-^

No. That actually turns me on. It's a good policy to have a sober chick just in case the constabulary makes an appearance. Back up my story, designated driver, clean up evidence.

Offline RoosGirl

No. That actually turns me on. It's a good policy to have a sober chick just in case the constabulary makes an appearance. Back up my story, designated driver, clean up evidence.

Yeah, that's not creepy at all.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Right_in_Virginia wrote:
"That damn 17th amendment is one of the biggest mistakes in American history."

Actually, just about ALL the amendments after #10 have been mistakes.
Big ones!

OMG!   I say that all the time! 

The only exception is the 27th...  which was written by the founders!  :) 

Yes,  most of the amendments after the first 10 were just crap.  They made things worse,  not better.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

OMG!   I say that all the time!  ....

Me, too!  And a lot more often with the Senate we're saddled with now.

@DiogenesLamp

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

Why didn't you tell me this when I first mentioned the box of wine?  I would have respected you enough to delete that post and not carry it further.

Not everyone plays to hurt as you do @RoosGirl   You'd be happier if you'd remember that.  So would I.

Since you're involved:  @Frank Cannon
@Right_in_Virginia
Dear, do you think I take much of any of the back and forth seriously?  Have you noticed that I don't care whether people agree with my opinion and I don't expect them to care if I agree with theirs?  There is an element of serious and genuine opinion from me typically in my first statement about something and perhaps a follow up for clarification if I've cocked up the readability in my first attempt.  But after that it's just me having fun; there is no intent to hurt and I don't ascribe that intent to anyone who responds to me.  If someone throws crap I'm going to throw it right back, or sometimes I'm going to throw it to see if someone has a sense of humor or not. 

Offline RoosGirl

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

OMG!   I say that all the time! 

The only exception is the 27th...  which was written by the founders!  :) 

Yes,  most of the amendments after the first 10 were just crap.  They made things worse,  not better.

So Amendments 13-15 are crap and made things worse too?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:21:34 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

Valid point .... but the 17th dissolved the bonds between the state and the federal government.  It trashes the sheer brilliance of our founders' design of a central government that is of and for the people.

I'd like the 17th to meet the dustbin of history first---and soon.   ^-^

Why do people keep focusing on the 17th (and the 16th)  instead of the worse amendments,  such as the 24th and the 14th?   

The 14th has done far more damage than the 17th or 16th.  The 24th is bankrupting us and riddling us with crime and prison costs,  not to mention life costs. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Why do people keep focusing on the 17th (and the 16th)  instead of the worse amendments,  such as the 24th and the 14th?   

The 14th has done far more damage than the 17th or 16th.  The 24th is bankrupting us and riddling us with crime and prison costs,  not to mention life costs.

Slaves freed after the Civil War would disagree with you about the 14th.

But far be it from me to get in the way of your alt-Right rant.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DiogenesLamp

I didn't really. I was just looking for an excuse to inject Karl Malden into this go nowhere pointless thread.

Is that what this is?   Could you please direct me to one that has a point?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

I think there was one about 5 months ago, but.... nope, I think we all messed that one up too.   ^-^

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yes!  Because they were ratified at the point of guns! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Not worse but they're irrelevant. We still have slavery despite the amendments. Just ask any BLM member, Rat or snowflake on the topic.

Offline RoosGirl

Not worse but they're irrelevant. We still have slavery despite the amendments. Just ask any BLM member, Rat or snowflake on the topic.

Or taxpayer.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Dem Plant thread had serious implications.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline DiogenesLamp

How again were those amendments passed?   I'm not sure you really want to rev up this particular discussion. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Between Corker and McCain, the 17th is front and center for me right now.

How has the 14th done more damage?