Author Topic: Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'  (Read 19069 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As evidenced by all the stops pulled by McConnell in Thad Cochran's primary against Chris McDaniel, as well as the $30 million he poured into Alabama to defeat Roy Moore.

Mitch is the chief conductor on the Chamber of Commerce's "Low Wage Express" train.

I would add his own scorched earth primary campaign against Matt Bevin.  Now granted Kentucky is very wll off with him as Governor...but ol Mitch did his best to wreck Bevin's political career.

And McCain tends to take a page from Turtle's playbook as well whenever he's primaried in Arizona.

If only these Old Bulls were this tenacious when it came to the Liberals in Congress.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, you've got your facts wrong.  The GOP rejected Cruz and pushed Trump.

Absolutely untrue @Sanguine and complete  :bs: .... Do not make me post videos from the campaign proving this.  ^-^

The GOP is ground zero for NeverTrump.  They remain so to this day.

The voters rejected Cruz ... even the Evangelicals.   it's a tough pill to swallow, and I don't minimize that.

But the path to healing from this loss begins with taking off the blinders---which will allow you to stop pointing fingers at everyone and everything except the candidate himself.

I wish you good luck.  The time to move on from this defeat has long passed.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:02:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Night Hides Not

I would add his own scorched earth primary campaign against Matt Bevin.  Now granted Kentucky is very wll off with him as Governor...but ol Mitch did his best to wreck Bevin's political career.

And McCain tends to take a page from Turtle's playbook as well whenever he's primaried in Arizona.

If only these Old Bulls were this tenacious when it came to the Liberals in Congress.

As to your last sentence, "don't we all."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Absolutely untrue @Sanguine and complete  :bs: .... Do not make me post videos from the campaign proving this.  ^-^

The voters rejected Cruz ... even the Evangelicals.   it's a tough pill to swallow, and I don't minimize that.

But the path to healing from this loss begins with taking off the blinders---which will allow you to stop pointing fingers at everyone and everything except the candidate himself.

Those of us with a brain knows that the prescription for "moving on from defeat" does not mean "jumping aboard the Trump Train"...far from it.   :nono:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Those of us with a brain knows that the prescription for "moving on from defeat" does not mean "jumping aboard the Trump Train"...far from it.   :nono:

Idiotic @Night Hides Not  You've proven tantrums are your political lifeblood, so who would want you? 

Refighting a primary loss for 16 straight months is OCD to the highest power. It is sophomoric, tiresome and vapid.

But, hey, you're the guy with the brain.    :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Night Hides Not

Idiotic @Night Hides Not  You've proven tantrums are your political lifeblood, so who would want you? 

Refighting a primary loss for 16 straight months is OCD to the highest power. It is sophomoric, tiresome and vapid.

Classical Trump-speak.   :silly:

Offline aligncare

It’s good you mentioned McCain.

Whom does the poster child for establishment Republicans hate most? Donald Trump, the antiestablishment interloper. The man who upset the establishment’s apple cart.

Another swing and a miss by the GOPe.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:44:24 pm by aligncare »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@Night Hides Not

The irony of a statement like that from someone who repeatedly says "would you have preferred Hillary" like a mindless drone is staggering.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not to mention the fact that Ted was the son of a man who participated in JFK's assassination with Oswald.   22222frying pan

What is so wearisome about Trump is his inability/disdain for elevating an issue on a higher plane. It's always attack and degrade those who disagree with him.

Hell....imho, he's been a freaking 'diplomat' with these traitorous obstructionists...in OUR OWN PARTY, for 10 months.

He's figuring, "Okay....I tried it 'your' way, now... GTF out of mine!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

I for one would like to see those videos.  While watching them, I will be reflecting on how Trump lifted up the GOPe banner in Colorado and took on their cause while Ted Cruz was being demonized for standing with the Colorado grass roots.  I will ponder how it is that Mitch McConnell's primary election campaign was saved by Donald Trump at the same time that Ted Cruz was calling him a liar on the Senate floor.  And I will stir up the memories of Ted Cruz being booed from the national convention floor for espousing the same ideals that Ronald Reagan uttered on that very stage 36 years prior, while Donald Trump was considering Reince Priebus as his chief of staff.

So yes, let's see those videos showing the GOPe embracing the most hated man since Ronald Reagan in 1976.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

I think this is what some folks around here are having such a hard time reconciling:  The voters rejected Cruz.

It happens.  Perhaps it's time to move on?

Indeed!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It’s good you mentioned McCain.

Who does the poster child for establishment Republicans hate most? Donald Trump, the antiestablishment interloper. The man who upset the establishment’s apple cart.

Another swing and a miss by the GOPe.

He hates the people and he craves power. 

And that power thing is something he and Trump share a love of.

I don't buy for a minute that Trump is someone fighting the "establishment"...it's an act.

Trump is just as much of an insider and willing to play to whichever side of the aisle gets him good press as McCain and McConnell are.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:55:03 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Indeed!    :laugh:

When are you going to quit reminding people Hillary lost...like any of us were actually rooting for him...errr...her.

It's funny the Trump faithful talk about "letting go" when it comes to Cruz...but are still stuck on Hillary and the general election.

Online DCPatriot

Damn, @Right_in_Virginia .... you certainly do put a smile on my face!     888high58888

Online DCPatriot

When are you going to quit reminding people Hillary lost...like any of us were actually rooting for him...errr...her.

It's funny the Trump faithful talk about "letting go" when it comes to Cruz...but are still stuck on Hillary and the general election.

Picking on the Hildebeast still happens because she won't get off the damned 'stage'.

Ted Cruz??   Couldn't care less about what happened during the primaries.   To me, he is simply "one of the sixteen" that Trump stampeded.

...and I don't dislike him.   ^-^

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Picking on the Hildebeast still happens because she won't get off the damned 'stage'.

Except when she becomes your go to knee jerk reply to anyone who dares to criticize Donny.

Online DCPatriot

Except when she becomes your go to knee jerk reply to anyone who dares to criticize Donny.

That's right, @txradioguy

For, where would this country be right now, if Hillary would have won?

Go ahead...I promise to carefully read your reply.      :2popcorn:

Offline Hoodat

Think where it would be if Ted Cruz had won.  Obamacare would be on the way out.  Every judicial vacancy would be filled with a Conservative judge.  Wholesale changes would be underway in how each cabinet department is run.  Massive spending cuts would be on the table.

And to top it off, Reince Preibus would have been handed a pink slip the day after election day instead of offering him the most powerful position in the white house.   Party hacks like Tom Price would have never been allowed to step foot in HHS offices.  And criminals like Paul Manafort would have never tarnished the day-to-day activities of the Executive Branch.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's right, @txradioguy

Go ahead...I promise to carefully read your reply.      :2popcorn:

We'd be about where we are right now.  Gridlock with nothing meaningful or substantial getting done.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Think where it would be if Ted Cruz had won.  Obamacare would be on the way out.  Every judicial vacancy would be filled with a Conservative judge.  Wholesale changes would be underway in how each cabinet department is run.  Massive spending cuts would be on the table.

And to top it off, Reince Preibus would have been handed a pink slip the day after election day instead of offering him the most powerful position in the white house.   Party hacks like Tom Price would have never been allowed to step foot in HHS offices.  And criminals like Paul Manafort would have never tarnished the day-to-day activities of the Executive Branch.

:thumbsup2:

Offline Night Hides Not

We'd be about where we are right now.  Gridlock with nothing meaningful or substantial getting done.

McConnell and Ryan would be fighting with POTUS, be it Hillary or Trump. One of the differences that I see is that Mitch's wife wouldn't be a Cabinet officer.

Offline libertybele

RIV, yes indeed the blinders do need to come off.  Kasich stuck in there long enough to suck votes away from Cruz; whether or not his departure would have made a difference will never be known.  They rammed Trump's nomination through at the Convention without a roll count vote.  Trump lied about Cruz and his family. Trump won in a lot of open primary states.  Again, whether or not differences would have reflected in the vote is unknown. To say that Cruz was just plainly rejected is not true.  If it weren't for Cruz stating that he was voting for Trump and the SCOTUS deal, we'd be saying President Clinton.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Not quite true, RIV.  What's true is that Trump had enormous name recognition going in and that he instinctively knew the way to sell himself to the voters.

Cruz was a virtual unknown outside of Texas.

The early primaries that gave Trump a lead that no one could overcome consisted of a large field of candidates who divided their vote.  Trump never won by 50% or even 40% in any of those primaries but he did win.

Trump voters were passionate.  By the time people even knew Cruz's name, Trump was too far ahead.

Circumstances just fell in line for Trump during the primaries.  It would be a different story now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.