Author Topic: Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'  (Read 19065 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Bob Corker fires back at Trump: 'It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center'

Did you ever notice the Democrats never seem  to have these sorts of mouthy backstabbers working to undermine their leadership?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Commies are the new rich elite.

Ironically,  former Communists who are now oligarch billionaires rule the former USSR.

Look at Red China [sometimes we forget China is still Communist.]

"    China is in 'lock-down' ahead of a Communist Party Congress...

China undertook a series of market reforms in the last three decades that propelled the Communist country to the spot of the world's second largest economy. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/06/chinas-golden-week-ends-but-the-communist-party-congress-will-keep-the-holiday-mood-up.html

Communism always was Aristocracy.   It is the naive who think it really  means all that "equality"  bullsh*t it spouts as propaganda. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

His record shows that he has absolutely no consistent political views.  He is a data graph of ups and down.  He blows with the wind.

So long as the wind is blowing the direction I want it to blow,  I'm okay with that.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Thank you ... always appreciated.

I am simply saying that we know by now that Trump is childish.

I would think we have learned by now,  that *everyone* is childish,  and most especially are those who want to pretend they are not.   

What does it behoove us to play at false dignity?    Mockery is what works,  and that's why it is being used. 

We only know that because of Trump's inability to control his tweeting.

I think Trump's tweeting is a very effective weapon,  and I'm glad he is doing it.   NFL?   Watch him force those bastards to lick his hand.   

The Owners are already starting to realize they picked the wrong horse on this confrontation,  and Trump is going to come out of this looking like the Master,   and it's all because of his tweets on the subject.

For some reason that damned fool just keeps on winning. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Corker is right, rump is an orange man child.

Another iteration of "I hate Trump".   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not quite true, RIV.  What's true is that Trump had enormous name recognition going in and that he instinctively knew the way to sell himself to the voters.

Cruz was a virtual unknown outside of Texas.

But...but....but.... they still spew "He would have beat Hillary!"   :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

So long as the wind is blowing the direction I want it to blow,  I'm okay with that.

Amen. I don't care if the wind is a summer breeze or a fart, I'll take what I can get.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
But...but....but.... they still spew "He would have beat Hillary!"   :shrug:

Yes, he would have.  Not sure what you are trying to say.

Online DCPatriot

Another iteration of "I hate Trump".

9999hair out0000

"YOUR [sic] WRONG!   I DON'T HATE HIM!   When YOU'RE [sic] Orange Glorious does something right, I'll give him credit, but when he screws up, I'll.......BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!"

Birds of a feather.....    *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:50:38 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

And everyone who agrees that it is OK to have a Childish President say  :amen:

No, it isn't important for our President to exhibit certain traits that identify them as strong leaders rather than childish ones? 

I think "whipping @$$"  is the mark of a strong leader,  and Trump seems to do that pretty well.   

That isn't important?  What is being portrayed to the rest of the world is childish behavior by the POTUS.

The "rest of the world"?   In what nation, among that collection of pantywaist fools, would there  be people who's respect I should crave?   

All I see is that most of the nation's on the other continents have people who are stupider and more out of touch with reality than our own,   and everything they think is just wrong and foolish. 

Gun control?   They are wrong.   "Diversity"?   They are wrong.   Appeasement?   They are wrong.   Taxing?  Individual rights?  Freedom of Speech?   "Tolerance"?   

On what thing are the people in foreign countries correct? 

Other than some of the Eastern European countries who appear to be smarter than their Western European counterparts,   I don't give a fig for the opinion of the rest of the world.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

Yes, he would have.  Not sure what you are trying to say.

He lost the Nomination because "he wasn't as well known as Donald Trump".....but "yes, he would have"?

Let's make up our minds, will ya?    ^-^

Offline DiogenesLamp

Everyone who earns income should be paying taxes.  Maybe then, someone making $20,000 a year will start to give a damn about government spending.

It is a moral hazard to allow some people to not have skin in the game.   

It is also a moral hazard to allow people with no skin in the game to vote.   It is in fact,  the stupidest possible thing that any nation could do. 

Unfettered Democracies have always spent themselves into bankruptcy. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Not quite true, RIV.  What's true is that Trump had enormous name recognition going in and that he instinctively knew the way to sell himself to the voters.

@Emjay
I don't agree that Cruz wasn't known, he was.   He certainly didn't have as much name recognition as Trump, but then not many do.  Trump ran a ruthless and brilliant campaign.   He pulled no punches on any of the other candidates during the primaries and it worked.   Yes they were blatant lies but it didn't matter.  Peoples attention span is about 15 seconds and that is perfect for Trump.

Cruz's stiff body language and lack of charisma on TV really hurt him.   IMO Cruz is a much better person and his ideas are 1000% more in line with the Constitution than just about any other candidate.   None of that matters if he can't get elected.  I hope Cruz will get some coaching before the next run.

Trumps understanding of his audience and masterful manipulation of the media were hard to beat.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I am talking about people who earn the lowest incomes. The GOP proposal INCREASES the lowest income tax rate from 10% to 12%.... while eliminating the extra standard deductions and personal exemptions that are important to lower income families and seniors.

And how do you know this?   Also,  why would they do this?  What possible reason could they have for doing this? 

But many posters here are like the GOP leaders who are proposing their tax cut for the rich... they think only the rich elite matter... and the rest of us can eat cake.  History repeating itself once again.

"Tax Cut for the Rich"  is typical leftist boilerplate.   It's meme propaganda,   and it really has no place being asserted on a conservative website. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He lost the Nomination because "he wasn't as well known as Donald Trump".....but "yes, he would have"?

Let's make up our minds, will ya?    ^-^

Now, DC, that's downright dishonest of you.  You left out the other stuff and pulled out just the "not as well known" part. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

It is a moral hazard to allow some people to not have skin in the game.   

It is also a moral hazard to allow people with no skin in the game to vote.   It is in fact,  the stupidest possible thing that any nation could do. 

Unfettered Democracies have always spent themselves into bankruptcy.

@DiogenesLamp
We should stop having employer withholding.   If people had to write a check for the tax it would be real money.  Then they'd care.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

I think "whipping @$$"  is the mark of a strong leader,  and Trump seems to do that pretty well.   

All hat and no cattle.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Clear cut case of self flagellation where Trump is concerned.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

I would think we have learned by now,  that *everyone* is childish,  and most especially are those who want to pretend they are not.   

What does it behoove us to play at false dignity?    Mockery is what works,  and that's why it is being used. 

I think Trump's tweeting is a very effective weapon,  and I'm glad he is doing it.   NFL?   Watch him force those bastards to lick his hand.   

The Owners are already starting to realize they picked the wrong horse on this confrontation,  and Trump is going to come out of this looking like the Master,   and it's all because of his tweets on the subject.

For some reason that damned fool just keeps on winning.

Yep, a republican President who’s fighting back and winning, and everyone wants to tell him how he should be acting. I prefer he just be himself. It’s why I voted for him, it’s why he won the election, it’s why he’s doing a good job as president.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Corker is a proven loser who pushed legislation that helped bankrupt this country.

To what legislation are you referring?   I think there is rather a lot that has been passed which is contributing to that result.
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The early primaries that gave Trump a lead that no one could overcome consisted of a large field of candidates who divided their vote.  Trump never won by 50% or even 40% in any of those primaries but he did win.

Trump voters were passionate.  By the time people even knew Cruz's name, Trump was too far ahead.

Circumstances just fell in line for Trump during the primaries.  It would be a different story now. 

@Emjay   Okay, Cruz was an unknown that voters rejected because Donald Trump was bigger than all the other 16 candidates put together .....  poor put upon Cruz lost through no fault of his own.  Cruz lost because of the bad luck to run against a giant like Donald Trump.  It's all true, and you're right.  If not for Donald Trump, Ted Cruz would have lost to Hillary Clinton.

Now will you and yours once and for all stop obsessing over Cruz's loss and move on?   I hope to God this obsession has run its course here so we can FINALLY discuss other issues without constantly falling into the Ted Cruz rabbit hole.  And I, for one, will do my part and no longer take this asinine bait.

The other issues actually matter.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:12:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DiogenesLamp

I don't know about respect but they probably do fear him.  Respect is good.  Fear isn't always good.

In my study of the world,  of history,  and of human nature,   "Respect"  and "Fear"  are virtually overlapping each other in meaning.   

In a Venn Diagram,  there would only be tiny areas in which they do not overlap.  For most intents and purposes,  they are nigh the same thing. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The tweets are bad enough.  Extremely unpresidential.  Very crass and are biting him in the @ss at every turn.

Which tweet has bitten him in the @$$?   (other than the media-weapon saying so.)   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Did you ever notice the Democrats never seem  to have these sorts of mouthy backstabbers working to undermine their leadership?   

@DiogenesLamp

Yeah! I noticed!  And noticed! And noticed again!

I also noticed that when you send a genuine conservative to Washington and he does in office EXACTLY what he said he would do while campaigning HE  gets vilified by both sides and the middle!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

If it's blowing in the right direction I want it to blow as hard as it can for as long as it takes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien