Author Topic: Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%  (Read 850 times)

rangerrebew

Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%
« on: October 08, 2017, 12:49:32 pm »
Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%
by Paul Bedard | Oct 7, 2017, 8:00 AM

Over just one month of player, coach, and owner protests of the flag and National Anthem, the National Football League has gone from America's sport to the least liked of top professional and college sports, according to a new poll.

From the end of August to the end of September, the favorable ratings for the NFL have dropped from 57 percent to 44 percent, and it has the highest unfavorable rating – 40 percent – of any big sport, according to the Winston Group survey provided exclusively to Secrets.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-nfl-now-least-liked-sport-core-fans-down-31/article/2636837
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:50:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Shock poll: NFL now least liked sport, core fans down 31%
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »
Good news.   ^-^

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 02:35:58 pm »
Lets hope that the fall sports about to start their regular seasons take note of this and quash any thought of players or coaches (looking at you Greg Popovich) taking a knee during the anthem.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 03:02:52 pm »

"Never-Football League"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 04:06:50 pm »
What the left is trying to do in the big picture is their Cloward/Piven strategy of overwhelming it with so much garbage the thing collapses. Problem is I think they have the wrong target.

Most pro sports have become so overblown and bloated that I think much of America would like to see it return to simpler days and ways. So poking a hole in the pro sports balloon might have the opposite intended effect.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 04:08:57 pm »
Imagine that.   Entire league gives its fan base the finger, and they didn't think we'd react?

Just rewards.

Myself?....  I'm enjoying the heck out of this years MLB playoffs.  Skipping all football.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:09:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 07:10:34 pm »
Unlike having to buy gas for a car or getting groceries, no one HAS to attend or watch the NFL.  It is a want, not a need.

The NFL brand is in real danger of losing permanently people who find alternative wants, and will shrink precipitously.

Lots of other sports to watch, hunting to do, games to play, etc. with your spare time.

The best news I can think of is that the NFL tends to be focused in major cities which are predominately liberal bastions of Democrats.

Nothing wrong with seeing their shrinking either.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 07:24:56 pm »
Good on Pence for walking out of the Colts / 49ers game when the spoiled brats took a knee for the anthem.   Too bad the whole stadium didn’t join him
God is still in control

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 07:44:38 pm »
My last NFL game was the Lost Angeles Raiders, months before the Rodney King Verdict Lost Angles Riots. Must have been Fall 1991.

My longtime friend had two season tickets, and I was one of his go-to guys if his wife said no to a particular game. I'd get a call Saturday, "do I want to go?" If so drive a few miles to his house.

He had a ritual, go early and have breakfast within walking distance of the LA Coliseum. II had first gone there, to see the newly arrived Dodger, in the 1950s.

Anyway we go to the game, to see QB Todd Marinovich. An Orange County high school phenom.  Interesting game in Todd's short career, and I noticed nice new condos on the south side of the stadium. My thought at the time: LA is getting nicer, with such development next to the dregs of the Coliseum neighborhood.

Just a few months later, that temporary good feeling about the area and the city, was wiped off my colored glasses forever.

LA burned, south to Pacific Coast Hwy in Long Beach (one of my bicycle routes).

I haven't been back to any events in Lost Angeles, since. If it doesn't burn by the Olympics, if I live that long, I might try going in 2028. (I watched a world class track meet, summer 1968, prior to the 1968 Summer Games in Mexico City  ).

I have no interest in pro football. They phuqued up their brand, bigly.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 08:34:51 pm »
I'm watching MLB Playoffs,   F the NFL.