Author Topic: Texas woman blasts 2-year term for illegal immigrant who killed husband, 2 kids in crash  (Read 334 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Texas woman blasts 2-year term for illegal immigrant who killed husband, 2 kids in crash
Fox News
Courtney Hacking is now fighting for harsher penalties for illegal immigrants.

A Texas woman is criticizing the two-year sentence an illegal immigrant received for killing her husband and two youngest children in a car crash last year.

Courtney Hacking told “Fox & Friends” Saturday that the sentence in a Texas state court doesn’t compensate her for the loss of her 36-year-old husband Peter, a volunteer firefighter, 4-year-old daughter Ellie and 22-month-old son Grayson in the accident.

Continued (with pictures) at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/07/texas-woman-blasts-2-year-term-for-illegal-immigrant-who-killed-husband-2-kids-in-crash.html

Maybe part of this is that killing someone with a car by accident often doesn't get severe penalties handed down. I'd like to see what it usually is.  Then, we look at this as being worse, because an illegal is involved.

That's pretty bad, we had an illegal who killed a girl about 17 years old; I'm not sure how that case ended up.

Since I have biked a lot though, I know from keeping up with the news, a number of times, a driver has killed a cyclist, because of say, texting, they get what look like very light sentences.

This lady lost 3 loved ones, so what would have been just? 5, 10 years?  I don't think one could expect much more than that realistically though it might be deserved.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:18:49 am by TomSea »