Author Topic: 'They're coming out with their hands up – full scale surrender': US General says ISIS fighters in Iraq are giving up after not being fed or paid  (Read 538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'They're coming out with their hands up – full scale surrender': US General says ISIS fighters in Iraq are giving up after not being fed or paid

About 1,000 militants surrendered during the last days of the battle for Hawija
    The US military says ISIS fighters in Iraq have been abandoned by their leaders
    As few as 3,000 militants are estimated to still remain in Iraq in Syria
    Officials have warned that the group may still prove to be resilient

By William Crisp For Mailonline

Published: 06:21 EDT, 6 October 2017 | Updated: 09:49 EDT, 6 October 2017

US-backed Iraqi forces announced Thursday they have retaken one of Islamic State's remaining strongholds after hundreds of militants surrendered amid fresh signs the terror group is collapsing and unable to defend its territory.

'They're giving up,' said Lieutenant General Paul Funk, who commands the coalition task force fighting Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. 'Their leaders are abandoning them.'

In uncommon scenes, large groups of militants were turning themselves over to Kurdish Peshmerga forces, in the city southwest of Kirkuk.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4955096/Full-scale-surrender-General-says-ISIS-collapsing.html#ixzz4upylLObu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
These animals should not be permitted to surrender.
They should be shot -- hands up, regardless.

Sorry if you don't like that.
But after the reports of how isis has behaved towards Christians and civilians -- I don't care.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Don't fall for this Marie Harf 'they just want jobs and food' nonsense.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.