Author Topic: Here Is Another Big Reason Why America's Mighty Missile Defenses Dominate  (Read 768 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Kris Osborne

"Ballistic missiles have been proven to be launched from any and all platforms, including mobile launches. We see it on the news. When the Russians test their gear, you see their mobile launchers. You can see that the Chinese have mobile launchers. There are fixed base sites and there are ship port sites. They can be launched in virtually any platform," Campisi said.

The Pentagon simultaneously fired two Standard Missile-6 weapons in rapid succession at a single ballistic missile target to asses new seeker technology and solidify the weapon's ability to ensure destruction of approaching enemy targets.

Using an emerging "active seeker" technology, two SM-6 missiles were able to simultaneously track and destroy a single target, greatly improving the probability of a target kill.

"You now have absolute assurance of hit no matter what the threat is doing. If the threat takes a turn and does something weird and the first missile is unable to sense it and engage it, the second missile will," Mike Campisi, SM-6 Senior Director, Raytheon, told Scout Warrior in an interview.

A statement from the Missile Defense Agency described how a Navy destroyer "fired a salvo of two SM-6 Dual I missiles against a complex medium-range ballistic missile target, demonstrating the Sea Based Terminal endo-atmospheric defensive capability."
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Need a link @Demolition Man
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DemolitionMan

Need a link @Demolition Man

Thank You for reminding me. You go through many articles and slipped though the cracks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:07:17 am by DemolitionMan »