Author Topic: Could Iran Trigger a Nuclear Tsunami That Wipes Out Israel?  (Read 1581 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Could Iran Trigger a Nuclear Tsunami That Wipes Out Israel?
« on: October 07, 2017, 03:31:31 am »
Matthew Gault

The thought of Iran armed with nuclear weapons is terrifying to many, especially its neighbors. The world needs to have a civilized discussion about what it means should the country ever develop the technology. But conspiracy theories about tectonic super-weapons, tsunami bombs and nukes pushed out of the back of civilian airliners foul the air around the conversation.

Back on March 3, 2015, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke before the United States Congress and warned the world of a nuclear armed Iran. The press has written a lot about the speech, even before he delivered it.

“Never has so much been written about a speech that hasn’t been given,” Netanyahu said March 2, 2015, during a preview of his speech at the pro-Israeli lobby AIPAC.

Some of the stories were more credulous than others. One of the most provocative came from the Israeli military tabloid Debka File, which published an article about how Iran could use a nuclear bomb to trigger a tsunami in the Mediterranean, wiping out Israel in a single blow.

The title is frightening enough to get even the most hardened Internet cynic to click. Nukes are scary, yes, but could Iran develop one so powerful that it could cause a tsunami? What did Debka File know that everyone else didn’t?

Not much. “This nuclear bomb or device would be dropped from an IranAir civilian airliner on a regular run from Larnaca over the Mediterranean about 100 [kilometers] from the Israeli coast,” according to Debka File. “The delayed action mechanism would detonate the bomb and set off a tsunami.”

Fortunately for Israel, the site hasn’t done its research. No, a nuclear bomb couldn’t cause a massive wave to kill millions and cripple Israel’s economy.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/could-iran-trigger-nuclear-tsunami-wipes-out-israel-19504
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Re: Could Iran Trigger a Nuclear Tsunami That Wipes Out Israel?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:51:04 am »

Tel Aviv is on the coast. 

Nearby is where Putin dedicated a Stalinist red army "victory" memorial... on the coast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Monument_in_Netanya

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:56:28 am by KingsX »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 03:58:21 am »

Tel Aviv is on the coast. 

Nearby is where Putin dedicated a Stalinist red army "victory" memorial... again... right on the coast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Monument_in_Netanya

I am willing to bet that the Israelis and Russians embaced that fully. Considering the long history of Soviet Jewry treatment in Russia and Russian embracement of Tehran. Jews in the communist era were treated as second class citizens.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:00:43 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 04:09:09 am »
If Iran had the ability to wipe out Israel they would. Without hesitation.  Since Israel and Iran still exist I am pretty sure Iran does not have the capability YET.
God is still in control

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 04:11:02 am »
If Iran had the ability to wipe out Israel they would. Without hesitation.  Since Israel and Iran still exist I am pretty sure Iran does not have the capability YET.

I agree with you. But the Israelis would respond with a nuclear strike.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 04:13:56 am »

I am willing to bet that the Israelis and Russians embaced that fully. Considering the long history of Soviet Jewry treatment in Russia and Russian embracement of Tehran. Jews in the communist era were treated as second class citizens.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Monument_in_Netanya#Funding

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 04:14:29 am »
There are 2 ways to look at it.  If you are a believer, the Bible is pretty clear God Himself destroys Israel's end times attackers in a show of real shock and awe.  If you are not a believer, yes Israel would nuc Iran and likely both nations would cease to exist.  But I have no doubt Iran will nuc Israel as soon as they think they can reliably do so.
God is still in control

Offline KingsX

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 04:18:36 am »

But the Israelis would respond with a nuclear strike.

What if there is a rogue asteroid heading for that area.
The irony of the "Samson Option" initiated by an act of God.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 04:18:51 am »

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Monument_in_Netanya#Funding

That is true.  But things are starting to warm up just a little

Offline KingsX

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 04:32:25 am »

There are 2 ways to look at it.  If you are a believer, the Bible is pretty clear God Himself destroys Israel's end times attackers in a show of real shock and awe.  If you are not a believer, yes Israel would nuc Iran and likely both nations would cease to exist.  But I have no doubt Iran will nuc Israel as soon as they think they can reliably do so.

In both the OT and NT versions of the Gog/Magog prophecy [Ezekiel 38/39 & Rev 20],  God intervenes with fire from heaven.

Gog/Magog is already sending global hordes to invade and destroy the lands of God's European Christ-bearing people.

Gog is like Pharaoh... both of them are villains God uses to manifest the power of God and usher in God's kingdom.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 04:35:14 am »

In both the OT and NT versions of the Gog/Magog prophecy [Ezekiel 38/39 & Rev 20],  God intervenes with fire from heaven.

Gog/Magog is already sending global hordes to invade and destroy the lands of God's European Christ-bearing people.

Gog is like Pharaoh... both of them are villains God uses to manifest the power of God and usher in God's kingdom.

Thanks. I was just thinking about that and the "End Times".

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 04:37:14 am »

Agree that Iran is part of the Gog (Russian) coalition that will be utterly destroyed when they move against Israel.  And that day is coming soon, the coalition is being built in front of our eyes.  But not everyone on this forum is a believer.  Regardless of the response, Iran will try to wipe out Israel the first chance they get.  With their buddy NK testing nukes right and left, Iran will have that ability soon.  Fasten your seatbelt, its going to get interesting.
God is still in control

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 04:40:31 am »
Agree that Iran is part of the Gog (Russian) coalition that will be utterly destroyed when they move against Israel.  And that day is coming soon, the coalition is being built in front of our eyes.  But not everyone on this forum is a believer.  Regardless of the response, Iran will try to wipe out Israel the first chance they get.  With their buddy NK testing nukes right and left, Iran will have that ability soon.  Fasten your seatbelt, its going to get interesting.

:thumbsup3:

Offline KingsX

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 04:52:30 am »

Persia is specifically mentioned in Ezekiel 38 prophecy as allied with Gog/Magog.

This is ironic, because in OT history,  Persians and Israelites were friendly allies.
The Persian king Cyrus not only liberated Israel from Babylon, he decreed the
rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem [Ezra 1]  Cyrus' son-in-law Darius decreed
the completion of the temple [Ezra 6.]

However, those ancient Persians were Aryans who like the Israelites worshiped one
invisible God.  Maybe they were descended from Israelites that Assyria had removed
from the holy land and resettled in the "cities of the Medes" two centuries before.

Modern Iranians are not racially or religiously the same as those ancient Persians.
So yes, I can understand why now they would be allied with Gog/Magog.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:56:07 am by KingsX »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 04:55:22 am »

Persia is specifically mentioned in Ezekiel 38 prophecy as allied with Gog/Magog.

This is ironic, because in OT history,  Persians and Israelites were friendly allies.
The Persian king Cyrus not only liberated Israel from Babylon, he decreed the
rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem [Ezra 1]  Cyrus' son-in-law Darius decreed
the completion of the temple [Ezra 6.]

However, those ancient Persians were Aryans who like the Israelites worshiped one
invisible God.  Maybe they were descended from Israelites that Assyria had removed
from the holy land and resettled in the "cities of the Medes" two centuries before.

Modern Iranians are not racially or religiously the same as those ancient Perisans.

I agree. Modern Prophets and Biblical Prophets seem to match.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 05:00:11 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 05:00:34 am »

Sir Issac Newton even though he was a the father modern mathematics was also a theologian. He took the book of Ezekiel and predicted when the world was going to end. He said it was going to end in 2070

Offline KingsX

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 05:12:34 am »

The Bible is amazing and even more amazing when you match Bible history with secular history. 

Being a student of both Bible history and ancient history gives one unique and interesting insights that prove the Bible to be a legitimate ancient history book.  Understanding Bible prophecy from an historical perspective can also give astounding insights into the Bible's use of symbolic imagery.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 05:21:08 am »

The Bible is amazing and even more amazing when you match Bible history with secular history. 

Being a student of both Bible history and ancient history gives one unique and interesting insights that prove the Bible to be a legitimate ancient history book.  Understanding Bible prophecy from an historical perspective can also give astounding insights into the Bible's use of symbolic imagery.

I definetly agree.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 05:21:34 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline KingsX

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 06:59:17 am »

I definetly agree.

I assume from your signature that you are into Roman history. 

It's interesting how Edomite Herod allied with Romans to conquer Jerusalem and become king of Judea. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(37_BC)

This was the end of the Israelite Hasmonean dynasty and the beginning of the Edomite Herod dynasty.  Yet another little tidbit of history to know that gives greater understanding of the players and events in the New Testament.

Check out this ancient coin showing Herod's two grandsons crowning Roman Emperor Claudius.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Herold_of_Chalcis_coin_showing_Herod_of_Chalcis_with_brother_Agrippa_of_Judaea_crowning_Roman_Emperor_Claudius_I.jpg

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:01:23 am by KingsX »

rangerrebew

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 08:57:24 am »
Is it my imagination or has the world gotten crazier and more warlike, except the U.S., since Imam Obama's "foreign policy" gave everyone or any country, a free hand to destroy anything a country does which they don't like?

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 09:13:28 am »

I assume from your signature that you are into Roman history. 

It's interesting how Edomite Herod allied with Romans to conquer Jerusalem and become king of Judea. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(37_BC)

This was the end of the Israelite Hasmonean dynasty and the beginning of the Edomite Herod dynasty.  Yet another little tidbit of history to know that gives greater understanding of the players and events in the New Testament.

Check out this ancient coin showing Herod's two grandsons crowning Roman Emperor Claudius.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Herold_of_Chalcis_coin_showing_Herod_of_Chalcis_with_brother_Agrippa_of_Judaea_crowning_Roman_Emperor_Claudius_I.jpg

Rome is probably the greatest civilizations that existed. Latin was it tongue and it is still used today, especially in the Roman Catholic Church
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:18:12 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 09:14:30 am »
Is it my imagination or has the world gotten crazier and more warlike, except the U.S., since Imam Obama's "foreign policy" gave everyone or any country, a free hand to destroy anything a country does which they don't like?

It has been getting a little crazier thanks Little rocket man.