Author Topic: U.S. Approves $15 Billion Thaad Missile Package for Saudi Arabia  (Read 516 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Bloomberg by Anthony Capaccio 10/6/2017

Congress has 30 days to review sale, part of Trump’s pledge

Proposal marks second sale abroad of Lockheed-built system

The U.S. State Department has approved a potential $15 billion sale of Lockheed Martin Corp.’s Thaad anti-missile interceptors, launchers and radar, part of the package of weaponry that President Donald Trump promised for the kingdom during a visit in May.

Negotiations on contracts can move ahead unless the U.S. Congress acts to block the deal within 30 days. The Saudis would be the second international buyer of Thaad after the United Arab Emirates. Thaad, which uses a hit-to-kill warhead to destroy short and medium-range missiles, gained international attention this year after the U.S. placed a Thaad battery in South Korea over China’s objections.

More: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-06/u-s-approves-15-billion-thaad-missile-package-for-saudi-arabia?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=bd&utm_campaign=headline&cmpId=yhoo.headline&yptr=yahoo

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: U.S. Approves $15 Billion Thaad Missile Package for Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:31 pm »
Good move!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien