Author Topic: Slutpocalypse Erupts After Trump Rolls Back Free Birth Control Measure  (Read 1068 times)

rangerrebew

Slutpocalypse Erupts After Trump Rolls Back Free Birth Control Measure

October 6, 2017| by V. Saxena

Entitled, spoiled-rotten feminists across the United States shrieked like injured hyenas after President Donald Trump rolled back some of Obamacare’s unconstitutional contraceptive mandate Friday.

The mandate, which Fox News noted “required employers that provide health insurance to cover contraceptives,” used to only offer exemptions to churches and houses of worship.

As of Friday, the exemptions rightly now also apply to “any nonprofit group, non-publicly traded company, or higher
education institution with religious or moral objections.”

https://downtrend.com/vsaxena/slutpocalypse-erupts

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Slutpocalypse Erupts After Trump Rolls Back Free Birth Control Measure
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 08:02:50 pm »
I understand the aversion to the government mandating the provision of "free stuff",  but free contraception is intended to reduce the incidence of unintended pregnancies which are the most likely kind to result in abortion. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:19:28 pm »
I understand the aversion to the government mandating the provision of "free stuff",  but free contraception is intended to reduce the incidence of unintended pregnancies which are the most likely kind to result in abortion.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 09:50:04 pm »

Actually, I think it was intended to poke a stick in the eye of the Latin Church and adherents of other Christian confessions with objections to contraception or "contraceptives" with abortifacient activity.  This move by and large gets rid of the odious purpose for which it was instituted, while largely leaving intact the actuarial absurdity of insuring against a choice.  (Plans that don't offer coverage can drop their premiums by $9/month and those who want the Pill can use the savings to buy it themselves.)

BTW, do you have any hard data to support the effectiveness of providing marginally free contraception as a benefit in a health insurance package on either rates of unintended pregnancy or abortion?  Lots of government programs and mandates are intended to have beneficial effects, and often have negative effects, or even the opposite of the intended effect (cf.the "War on Poverty").
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:49:17 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:06:57 pm »
There is free contraception available to everyone   It’s called keep your knees together until and unless you are ready to have children.   If you choose to engage in sex and do not want to accept the possibility of pregnancy it is not my job to pa for your contraceptives   Nor is it my job to pay for any of your other choces
God is still in control

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:09:59 pm »

There has been free or low cost contraception for quite a while   Condoms are handed out free in he schools.  Where is the corresponding drop in unwanted pregnancy or abortion?  You are touting a false premise
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:10:22 pm by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 01:33:45 am »
Actually, I think it was intended to poke a stick in the eye of the Latin Church and adherents of other Christian confessions with objections to contraception or "contraceptives" with abortifacient activity.  This move by and large gets rid of the odious purpose for which it was instituted, while largely leaving intact the actuarial absurdity of insuring against a choice.  (Plans that don't offer coverage can drop their premiums by $9/month and those who want the Pill can use the savings to buy it themselves.)

BTW, do you have any hard data to support the effectiveness of providing marginally free contraception as a benefit in a health insurance package on either rates of unintended pregnancy or abortion?  Lots of government programs and mandates are intended to have beneficial effects, and often negative effects, or even the opposite of the intended effect (cf.the "War on Poverty").
This is the only reason I can think of to require something be covered which flies in the face of the faith or many religious folks out there. Forcing them not only to purchase unneeded coverage, but coverage that flies in the face of their religious beliefs. Little Sisters of the Poor are one example. Then forcing such organizations to sue for their right to freely be free from an encumbrance in violation of their religious beliefs.

Anyone familiar with the way insurance works would realize the increase in premium to provide coverage for such a paltry sum would likely far exceed the cost of simply paying for the birth control out of pocket. So the 'expense' nonsense is just that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 01:54:50 am »
There is free contraception available to everyone   It’s called keep your knees together until and unless you are ready to have children.   If you choose to engage in sex and do not want to accept the possibility of pregnancy it is not my job to pa for your contraceptives   Nor is it my job to pay for any of your other choces

As a former Pill user, I truly believe that it is the root of many serious health problems. I was put on the pill at 16 for irregular cycles. Long story short, I had PCOS and the pill merely masked the symptoms. Truth be told, NFP has made our marriage stronger.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 04:04:13 pm »

@Jazzhead

It isn't necessary for employers to provide it.  Free birth control can be obtained at health clinics. 

The pill is available at Walmart, Target, and CVS at prices from $4-$12. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 09:14:32 pm »

That's fine advice, Mom, I hope your kids listen to it.  Unfortunately, none of your kids (or mine) are the ones having abortions.   Abortions are the result of unintended pregnancies.   Providing contraceptives for free is supposed to reduce the incidence of unintended pregnancy. 

Now I don't know if the ObamaCare mandate has been efficacious in reducing unintended pregnancies.  I'd like to see that research, too, if it exists.    But the point is this - there is NO better way to reduce abortions than to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies.  We can debate how best to do that.   You prefer lectures and churchin',  and others say contraception.    Maybe the real answer is we need both.   

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:16:02 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 10:59:36 pm »
That's fine advice, Mom, I hope your kids listen to it.  Unfortunately, none of your kids (or mine) are the ones having abortions.   Abortions are the result of unintended pregnancies.   Providing contraceptives for free is supposed to reduce the incidence of unintended pregnancy. 

Now I don't know if the ObamaCare mandate has been efficacious in reducing unintended pregnancies.  I'd like to see that research, too, if it exists.    But the point is this - there is NO better way to reduce abortions than to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies.  We can debate how best to do that.   You prefer lectures and churchin',  and others say contraception.    Maybe the real answer is we need both.
Nonsense. The very best way to reduce abortions is to try those performing them for murder and send them to ol' sparky. But you don't want that.

It isn't as if no one hasn't been told by the ripe old age of ten how babies get made.

It isn't as if there isn't sex education in grade schools and up detailing how not to get pregnant.

It isn't as if the means to prevent pregnancy aren't available with or without the parent's consent.

This is about the imposition of a requirement for people who have a religious objection to birth control, including 'morning after' pills, to provide these whether they object religiously or not, effectively placing the State's mandate ahead of The Almighty.

The whole Murder, Inc. thing is just sweeping up the crumbs from the eugenics plan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 01:08:54 am »
There is certainly a free alternative to reducing unintended pregnancies than relying upon contraceptives.

Can you guess what it is?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 02:25:28 am »
There is certainly a free alternative to reducing unintended pregnancies than relying upon contraceptives.

Can you guess what it is?

I've found being born with a Y chromosome has worked wonders.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 02:41:08 am »

That is the point.  Free birth control has not reduced unintended pregnancies.  And in a lot of cases birth control is cheaper than your typical insurance copay.  Add to it the sky high deductibles with Obama nocare and this is truly a moot point.  It is not my job to pay for your birth control, cigarettes, booze, or any other of your choices.  It is certainly not right to make employers and other individuals pay for choces that are morally reprehensible to them.  Period.
God is still in control

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 02:48:46 am »
President Trump made a good decision. Why should I be paying for a woman's contraception pill? This will ultimately will be argued in the Supreme Court.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome