Author Topic: House passes budget, paving way for tax reform  (Read 521 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House passes budget, paving way for tax reform
« on: October 05, 2017, 05:32:23 pm »
House passes budget, paving way for tax reform
By Niv Elis and Cristina Marcos - 10/05/17 11:49 AM EDT

The House passed its 2018 budget resolution Thursday in a party-line vote that represents a step toward its goal of sending tax-reform legislation to President Trump.

In a 219-206 vote, lawmakers approved a budget resolution for 2018 that sets up a process for shielding the GOP tax bill from a filibuster in the Senate.

A total of 18 Republicans voted against the resolution, along with all the Democrats who were present.

GOP lawmakers hailed the vote as meaningful because of the tax measure.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/354028-house-passes-budget-paving-way-for-tax-reform
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: House passes budget, paving way for tax reform
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:02:26 pm »
Rand already said he didn't like the plan and I expect Collins and Murkowski to vote no as well.  I expect the do nothing Senate to reject it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 01:04:56 am »
Did they cut back spending?  Or is one this just like the last six budgets they gave Obama.

Republicans suck.  Cowards.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:13:47 am »
Rand already said he didn't like the plan and I expect Collins and Murkowski to vote no as well.  I expect the do nothing Senate to reject it.

Unfortunately, so do I. 

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 05:11:11 am »

I hope you are right.