Author Topic: Rex Tillerson Is Running the State Department Into the Ground  (Read 532 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rex Tillerson Is Running the State Department Into the Ground
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:00:01 pm »
 Rex Tillerson Is Running the State Department Into the Ground

Skilled and patriotic diplomats are leaving like never before in an exodus that is damaging the United States.

By NIK STEINBERG

October 04, 2017

On November 10, 2016, my colleagues and I at the U.S. Mission to the United Nations gathered on the top floor of the building, which overlooks the U.N. General Assembly. My boss at the time, Ambassador Samantha Power, had convened the staff to discuss the transition in the aftermath of the election, the results of which had caught many of us by surprise. The U.S. Mission, like the State Department as a whole, brings together career foreign and civil service officers with a handful of political appointees chosen by the president. Out of a staff of roughly 150 people, I was one of a few dozen political appointees.

It was an emotional gathering for all, but there were differences in the staff’s reactions that day. The political appointees spoke mostly about the deep divisions exposed by the election, and expressed concern that many of the issues we’d worked hardest on during our time in government—such as rallying a global response to the refugee crisis and marshaling support for a landmark agreement on climate change—would be undone by a president-elect who had campaigned against those efforts.

more
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/04/rex-tillerson-is-running-the-state-department-into-the-ground-215677
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Rex Tillerson Is Running the State Department Into the Ground
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 02:12:58 pm »
Skilled and patriotic diplomats

Are these the same diplomats who turned North Korea into a shit storm and blew up the Middle East into a never ending war?

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 02:45:16 pm »
I'm suddenly feeling most kindly of Tillerson.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 02:54:55 pm »
Thanks for the good news.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 03:01:40 pm »
Skilled and patriotic diplomats

Are these the same diplomats who turned North Korea into a shit storm and blew up the Middle East into a never ending war?

Anything the gov't touches turns to crap, why would the actual gov't be any different?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 03:05:58 pm »
If the commie bastards really are leaving it's the best news I've heard in quite some time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 04:41:28 pm »
If a committed liberal doesn't like him, Tillerson can't be all bad.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 05:01:23 pm »

.....expressed concern that many of the issues we’d worked hardest on during our time in government—such as rallying a global response to the refugee crisis and marshaling support for a landmark agreement on climate change—would be undone by a president-elect who had campaigned against those efforts.

Helped to create the "refugee crisis"

There is not solid science re: "climate change" (formerly "global warming"----what happened to warming?)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 05:02:00 pm »
Hadn't we been told that Sec State Tillerson was "cleaning house"?
   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline the_doc

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 08:06:35 pm »
If a committed liberal doesn't like him, Tillerson can't be all bad.

Right.  Unfortunately, he's quite bad enough.  Anyone with his stance on AGW can't be all good.  (He's a smart technical guy, so he should notice that AGW is a fraud, but he is evidently too much of a globalist to be scrupulously honest.)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 01:50:06 am »
"Skilled and patriotic diplomats are leaving like never before in an exodus that is damaging the United States."

I'm in the process of reading "Blacklisted by History", the story of the accusations made by -- and against -- Joe McCarthy.

The State Department back then was a den of communist infiltration.
After obama, I'm wondering if it's much different today.

I'd have no problem seeing 75% of those currently there replaced with properly-vetted personnel.

Consider also the source of the article above.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 02:09:42 am »
"Skilled and patriotic diplomats are leaving like never before in an exodus that is damaging the United States."

I'm in the process of reading "Blacklisted by History", the story of the accusations made by -- and against -- Joe McCarthy.

The State Department back then was a den of communist infiltration.
After obama, I'm wondering if it's much different today.

I'd have no problem seeing 75% of those currently there replaced with properly-vetted personnel.

Consider also the source of the article above.

My POV also! 

The question is: How deep is 'The Deep State'? 

Purge them all.  Replace them with a list you get from the Heritage Foundation. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald