Author Topic: Cruz, Lee Warn Trump Not to Tap Former Clinton Aide as Ambassador to Colombia  (Read 716 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Why is Trump even considering this person or better yet, who is advising him??

Cruz, Lee Warn Trump Not to Tap Former Clinton Aide as Ambassador to Colombia

Republican Sens. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are urging President Trump not to appoint as ambassador to Colombia a prominent career State Department official who served as a top aide to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and worked closely with her in the aftermath of the Benghazi attacks.

Joseph MacManus, a 30-year veteran of the foreign service, is a top candidate to become ambassador to Colombia and was considered the frontrunner before conservatives began voicing opposition to his nomination a few weeks ago, according to several GOP sources.

His nomination has the support of both Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Tom Shannon, a career foreign service diplomat who serves in the State Department as undersecretary for political affairs and is considered Tillerson's right-hand man.

The two conservative senators this week expressed deep concern that MacManus was too close to Clinton during her tenure, doesn't share Trump's "America First" agenda and other conservative foreign-policy goals, and, as one of Clinton's closest advisers, was deeply involved in the State Department's initial response to the Benghazi attack........

......"At a time where the U.S.-Colombia partnership is so vital to our national-security interests, and after U.S. taxpayers have invested billions in security assistance for Colombia, it is deeply troubling that Secretary Clinton's top advisor—who played a key role in the Benghazi cover-up—might be placed in a position to significantly influence foreign-policy in Colombia, our only NATO partner in Latin America," Cruz, a Republican from Texas, said.

"The Senate should scrutinize this nomination closely," he added.

Lee, a Republican from Utah, was equally concerned about the possibility of a MacManus appointment.

"While Mr. MacManus has a career of service in the State Department, it is concerning that the Trump administration is considering nominating ambassadors that do not share the conservative values of the American people who voted for President Trump, and in this case, who helped then-Secretary Clinton clean up her Benghazi mess," Lee told the Washington Free Beacon...........

http://freebeacon.com/issues/cruz-lee-warn-trump-not-to-tap-former-clinton-aide-as-ambassador-to-colombia/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If Cruz and Lee don't want him, I don't want him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The SOB shouldn't even be under consideration!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

I thought we were supposed to be 'draining the swamp'.  Why was he ever in consideration in the first place?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,283034.0.html

DMCA Copyright Policy

Do not copy-and-paste entire articles onto this discussion forum. When referencing copyrighted work, post a short excerpt with a link back to the original.

To simplify compliance and enforcement of copyrights here on The Briefing Room, we ask that excerpts from other sources posted on The Briefing Room be limited to a maximum of one to two paragraphs or fewer, and we ask that the source of the content be clearly identified. Those who make a good-faith effort to respect the rights of copyright holders are unlikely to have any problems. But individuals who willfully and habitually infringe on others' copyrights risk being in violation of our Terms of Service.

The rest at link.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
At least, Trump did not select John Bolton as Secretary of State as at least, one of these Senators suggested.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/18/ted_cruz_john_bolton_for_secretary_of_state.html

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The SOB shouldn't even be under consideration!

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Only the best people!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Given his willingness to work with Liberals these days...Trump will probably nominate the guy anyway.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
At least, Trump did not select John Bolton as Secretary of State as at least, one of these Senators suggested.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/18/ted_cruz_john_bolton_for_secretary_of_state.html

What's wrong with Bolton?  I like him.  I know he isn't a liberal.

http://www.ontheissues.org/John_Bolton.htm

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:41:25 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.