Author Topic: Russia Just Pulled Off a Massive Nuclear Weapons Drill (That America Can't Match)  (Read 400 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Dave Majumdar

While all eyes are focused on North Korea, Russia recently conducted a massive drill of its road mobile intercontinental ballistic missile force. The drills involved all of the major Russian mobile ICBMs including the Topol, Topol-M and the Yars.

“Today, missile regiments of the Topol, Topol-M and Yars missile systems have carried out a night march. The regiments are located in five regions from the Tver region to Altai Krai,” the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement.
More than 600 piece of hardware including launchers, were operated to ensure combat patrol en-route.”

The drill appears to be a full scope exercise complete with adversary forces attempting to attack the launch vehicles and contaminated terrain.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russia-just-pulled-massive-nuclear-weapons-drill-america-22503
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

This can be matched. The United States developed a mobile missile called the Midgetman. It had a mobile launcher but when we scaled back our nuclear weapon programs in the 1990s this was a put on the backburner

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4rquFY8soE
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:27:43 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Do we really need a land based mobile launcher?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DemolitionMan

Do we really need a land based mobile launcher?

Yes. They are mobile and are not have a fixed missile silo. They are easily to hide.