Author Topic: NFL LIVE Thread Week 5  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Bender2

• Never a dull moment, eh?
NFL LIVE Thread Week 5
« on: October 03, 2017, 05:41:16 am »
If you think there is not evil alive and well in this world, then consider what two recent events prove.

There were still-warm dead bodies on the ground in Las Vegas when the Left began claiming that is was only correct to place the fault and blame on the National Rifle Association and Trump supporters for not supporting their version of Gun Control to totally deny all US citizens the right to even own any 'assault weapons' of the Left's choosing. Of course, the Left's considers that the 'assault weapon' to cause evil, not the person who fired it in a crime.

Seattle Seahawk defensive end Michael Bennett acted stupidly August 26, 2017, after the Las Vegas Mayweather-McGregor fight when there was reports of someone firing a weapon. He claimed police officers racially profiled and used excessive force on him by pointing a pistol at his head, threatening to kill him. This, he claimed, supported those NFL players kneeling against the US Flag and National Anthem to protest the total lack of 'social justice' in the United States. Subsequent video evidence was released and no where does it corroborate Bennett's story. It shows he is a complete liar in his version yet the left leaning media claims the incident remains under investigation.

Why, you may ask, does the mass murder of 59 souls and the wounding of some 550 in Las Vegas and Las Vegas police apprehending an NFL player for his suspicious actions during a report of someone firing a gun have to do with an NFL LIVE THREAD on Free Republic?

Well, Rahm Emanuel encapsulated the Liberal modus operandi when he said, "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." That was from an interview to the "Wall Street Journal" on November 19, 2008.

In both Las Vegas events, the false premise of the Left and Michael Bennett are given by most of the media as matter of fact truth. That 'truth' is the same that was practiced by the late Soviet Union's "Pravda" newspaper in giving what the Communist world considered the facts and only the 'facts' that matter.

Yet the Loony Left and Russian 'Truth' do not have sole leadership in such actions. Certain folks who hate the NFL do not care that we on these NFL LIVE THREADS do not praise any of the protestors nor ask any one to not boycott watching the games. Just because we want to weekly pick who will win and who will lose, we are to blame.

So, I will still continue to post the NFL LIVE THREAD as long as I can because I have a right to--

NFL LIVE THREAD Week 5

Thursday, Oct 5, 2017

New England at Tampa Bay 8:25 pm
CBS Raymond James Stadium

Sunday, Oct 8, 2017

Arizona at Philadelphia 1:00 pm
FOX Lincoln Financial Field

Buffalo at Cincinnati 1:00 pm
CBS Paul Brown Stadium

Carolina at Detroit 1:00 pm
FOX Ford Field

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh 1:00 p
CBS Heinz Field

L.A. Chargers at N.Y. Giants 1:00 pm
CBS MetLife Stadium

N.Y. Jets at Cleveland 1:00 pm
FOX First Energy Stadium

San Francisco at Indianapolis 1:00 pm
FOX Lucas Oil Stadium

Tennessee at Miami 1:00 pm
CBS Hard Rock Stadium

Baltimore at Oakland 4:05 pm
CBS Oakland Coliseum

Seattle at L.A. Rams 4:05 pm
CBS Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum

Green Bay at Dallas 4:25 pm
FOX AT&T Stadium

Kansas City at Houston 8:30 pm
NBC NRG Stadium

Monday, Oct 9, 2017

Minnesota at Chicago 8:30 pm
ESPN Soldier Field

On the 1st Bye and Bye of the season are the cursed Broncos, Falcons, Ain'ts & Deadskins

---

Gadzooks and General Jackson, big--  How can a first half...    be so damn different from the second half? 

You...    have to ask?

Okay, okay, Wade...    you got your revenge.

Well, crying about it won't change the standings, Bendy...    so GIT-R-DONE!

Okay, okay, Larry...  in Thursday night game, big's Uncle Toms get back on the wagon with a close one over Tampa Bay--

In regular Sunday action, I'm picking Arid Zona to clip the Iggle's wings--

Buffalo, the Unlce Tom Killers, get Cincy back on track to the dark bottom of the standings--

Gotta go with the Loinchopps over Cam's Putty Tats--

The Jags find no fun at Big Ben's Stoolers--

Hell, I'd pay La Bolts to beat them Jersey Jints, but I fear the stink on the East Coast is not as strong as the West Coast variety--

Da Jets all the way over the cursed, 'kneeling in their hearts' Browstains--

Who really cares who wins when the Soapy 9er visit Luckless Indy?  Flipped a coin and the 9er won--

Allegras Old Earlers face Jay Cutler's Phins, Alegra will be happy--

If the Ravens face Carr, I pick the Raiders.  If it is Manuel, the Black Byrds win--

If La Ewes can beat my Boys, they will beat the Seathugs--

I could be a homer here, but the fear in my heart is that my Boys will get beat by big's Packer Wackers--

Gadzooks, I hate to have to pick between two Texas teams Sunday night--

but my Old Dallas Texans...    will slow down Allegra and my Texicans...    enough to get a win--

Sorry, Imp, in the Monday Night Muck, Da Viqueens will de-furr Da Bears--

Wake us...  when one of our teams win!

"I've got a twisted sense of humor, and everything amuses me." RAH Beyond this Horizon

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Re: NFL LIVE Thread Week 5
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 12:13:48 pm »
Week 5 will be a return to sanity..relatively speaking:

Wake me up when Bender's team loses again...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:14:56 pm by BigHomer »
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 01:18:51 pm »
Derek Carr injured this week and will be out for at least 6 weeks.

The FB page Black and Blonde Media speculates that this is what the O-line was trying to accomplish in order to pressure the team into signing Kaepernick. Is it far-fetched in this day and age to wonder whether players would intentionally not protect their white QB? What a sad state of affairs in the NFL.

An Oakland fansite also asks the question, "With Derek Carr to miss time with injury, it’s time to ask the obligatory question: Should the Raiders sign Colin Kaepernick?".  The poll is running in favor of "yes."   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 01:33:25 pm »
Derek Carr injured this week and will be out for at least 6 weeks.

The FB page Black and Blonde Media speculates that this is what the O-line was trying to accomplish in order to pressure the team into signing Kaepernick. Is it far-fetched in this day and age to wonder whether players would intentionally not protect their white QB? What a sad state of affairs in the NFL.

An Oakland fansite also asks the question, "With Derek Carr to miss time with injury, it’s time to ask the obligatory question: Should the Raiders sign Colin Kaepernick?".  The poll is running in favor of "yes."   **nononono*

I'd like to see him play, just to see how quickly the referees 'lose' their whistles.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 10:47:30 am »
More on the possibility the Raiders' O-line threw the game to teach Carr a lesson after he stood for the national anthem:
REPORT: Raiders Threw Game Over Anthem
September 29, 2017 By Robert Gehl

There’s a scandal brewing among last weekend’s game between the Raiders and the Redskins.

The Oakland Raiders is the only NFL lineup made up entirely of African-American players. During last week’s Raiders – Washington Redskins game, the offensive line of the team decided to sit out the national anthem, but not everyone.

Quarterback Derek Carr stood for the anthem. But his offensive line – which protects the quarterback – decided to sit out the anthem.  ...
The Federalist Papers

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:58 am »
Just one correction @Bender2. 58 were murdered, 1 was the murderer for the total of 59 dead.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:21:48 am by DB »

Offline Bender2

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 03:10:04 pm »
Just one correction @Bender2. 58 were murdered, 1 was the murderer for the total of 59 dead.

Sorry, the last count I heard before my posting was 59
"I've got a twisted sense of humor, and everything amuses me." RAH Beyond this Horizon

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
Sorry, the last count I heard before my posting was 59

No need to apologize. People quote the 59 number where the 59 includes the gunman shooting himself. I just don't think he should count in terms of the innocence murdered.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 12:29:44 am »
So how do you pick games when the lines are refusing to block for white quarterbacks if they stand for the anthem?  Certainly adds another layer of complexity into figuring the spread
God is still in control

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 12:58:00 am »
What is this NFL of which you speak? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 01:55:53 am »
What is this NFL of which you speak?

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bender2

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 01:33:14 pm »
No need to apologize. People quote the 59 number where the 59 includes the gunman shooting himself. I just don't think he should count in terms of the innocence murdered.

"Why, you may ask, does the mass murder of 59 souls and the wounding of some 550 in Las Vegas and Las Vegas police apprehending an NFL player for his suspicious actions during a report of someone firing a gun have to do with an NFL LIVE THREAD on Free Republic?"

Where in hell above did I ever say anything like that?  Point out just where in that sentence did I anoint the shooter?  When I said "...the mass murder of 59 souls.."  was about the victims.  The shooter was not murdered, you dumb schmuck, he killed himself!

Look, you may not have meant to piss me off, but you sure as hell did with your implying with your "...he should count in terms of the innocence murdered.." remark--

Before you start criticizing anyone else for their writing, take a remedial reading course to learn content and purpose!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 10:46:50 pm »

Good one.  I was just checking in here to see if any whole team stood up with their hand over their heart for the National Anthem.

I understand that the Dallas Cowboys did.  Would I be correct?
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 02:57:17 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 03:44:24 am »

"Why, you may ask, does the mass murder of 59 souls and the wounding of some 550 in Las Vegas and Las Vegas police apprehending an NFL player for his suspicious actions during a report of someone firing a gun have to do with an NFL LIVE THREAD on Free Republic?"

Where in hell above did I ever say anything like that?  Point out just where in that sentence did I anoint the shooter?  When I said "...the mass murder of 59 souls.."  was about the victims.  The shooter was not murdered, you dumb schmuck, he killed himself!

Look, you may not have meant to piss me off, but you sure as hell did with your implying with your "...he should count in terms of the innocence murdered.." remark--

Before you start criticizing anyone else for their writing, take a remedial reading course to learn content and purpose!
@Bender2

Methinks you're referencing the wrong site...not trying to piss you off anymore than you already are, just sayin'.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online DB

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 08:00:14 am »

I said "I don't think he should count in terms of the innocence murdered". Hence the often reported count of 59 murdered that you repeated verses the 58 he actually murdered. My grammar isn't the best, sorry if you couldn't follow it. I did not intend to "piss you off" but the distinction is important and far too often overlooked.

One of us has a reading comprehension problem apparently - to put it kindly. I'll leave it at that.

Online DB

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 08:07:05 am »

I haven't posted on Free Republic for more than a year... I don't know what you're talking about...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 11:09:13 am »
So, to summarize the week, the Packers obliterated the Cowpokes, Ben Roethlisberger forgot where he was supposed to throw the passes, Odell Beckham broke his ankle, J.J. Watt messed up his knee and that darn pimp-emulating Cam Newton won.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 11:27:46 am »
So, to summarize the week, the Packers obliterated the Cowpokes, Ben Roethlisberger forgot where he was supposed to throw the passes, Odell Beckham broke his ankle, J.J. Watt messed up his knee and that darn pimp-emulating Cam Newton won.

"Obliterate"?

Scoring with 11 seconds remaining giving you the lead?   REALLY?    :laugh:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 03:22:45 pm »
Just using sports writer talk, DC.  ^-^
There was a story in our paper Sunday about a college game that was a complete blowout, but the headline read that the winning team "got past" the losers. I'd say they got past them and then got past them again in a rout.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »
Just using sports writer talk, DC.  ^-^
There was a story in our paper Sunday about a college game that was a complete blowout, but the headline read that the winning team "got past" the losers. I'd say they got past them and then got past them again in a rout.

:beer:

What was "obliterated" were COWBOY fans' hope of winning.     ^-^