Author Topic: There’s Something VERY Strange About The Las Vegas Shootings  (Read 436 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There’s Something VERY Strange About The Las Vegas Shootings
« on: October 02, 2017, 08:57:17 pm »
Details continue to pour in about last night’s mass shooting in Las Vegas, but for now one aspect in particular is a source of major confusion.

At National Review, David French observes that despite suspected shooter Stephen Paddock possibly using an illegal fully-automatic weapon, reportedly having an arsenal of more than ten rifles, and holing up in a rented corner room with a setup sophisticated enough to have cameras to alert him to approaching police, his relatives claim Paddock had none of the firearms interest, expertise, or military background one would expect to find in someone who went to Paddock’s lengths to prepare this attack:

Read more at: http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/theres-something-strange-las-vegas-shootings
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: There’s Something VERY Strange About The Las Vegas Shootings
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 09:04:51 pm »
I think the brothers description of this azzhole is total bullshit. The fact that this dude was going from town to town and gambling without any visible means of income tells me he is not just some random retiree . This was not some dude having a spur of the moment melt down. This thing was carefully planned for a long time.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 09:11:12 pm »
So to summarize this article....

We don't know anything, there is a lot of speculation, and we are just going to repeat the speculation to have an article on the subject, but we don't know....

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 09:24:24 pm »
I think the brothers description of this azzhole is total bullshit. The fact that this dude was going from town to town and gambling without any visible means of income tells me he is not just some random retiree . This was not some dude having a spur of the moment melt down. This thing was carefully planned for a long time.

Just read that he was a retired, millionaire real estate investor.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »
So to summarize this article....

We don't know anything, there is a lot of speculation, and we are just going to repeat the speculation to have an article on the subject, but we don't know....

From the article:

Again, there is a lot of unclear and disturbing information to sift through about this horrifying story.

Bingo.

And until it becomes clear, I for one refuse to speculate or drag political crap thought into it.

And, with apologies to David Ortiz, I'd like to say about Las Vegas that this is my bleeping city!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.