Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99522 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #1175 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:13 am »
Forcing people to insure their health care has worked out great. Forcing people to insure their guns is going to work out even better.

Car insurance is a tax. Health insurance is a tax.  You try to tax my guns, of which I don't own, is taxing me too far.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1176 on: October 08, 2017, 12:25:16 am »
What is the correct word here?

Ensure?

Insure?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mrclose

« Reply #1177 on: October 08, 2017, 12:26:53 am »
Correct.  That's why don't support restrictions on the frequency of gun purchases, or the size of a gun collection.   I want every gun owner to carry insurance in the same way a driver must.  If you can afford to insure a colossal gun collection, then have at it.   If not, stick to one or two.

WOW!
I see that you're also over here spreading the lib talk around!
They beat you up pretty good over on RO?
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1178 on: October 08, 2017, 12:30:02 am »
WOW!
I see that you're also over here spreading the lib talk around!
They beat you up pretty good over on RO?

So that's where the talking points are being shipped in from?  We need to know more about the "RO."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #1179 on: October 08, 2017, 12:30:29 am »
If you can insure your pick-up truck, you can insure your gun.

I don't have a God given right to own my Titan.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #1180 on: October 08, 2017, 12:33:51 am »
What is the correct word here?

Ensure?

Insure?

Ensure means to remove doubt of an outcome.  For example, to ensure you have electricity after a big storm, you have fuel and a generator.

Insure means to secure against financial loss.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #1181 on: October 08, 2017, 12:36:42 am »
Well look at the cities in the U.S. that have the draconian...totalitarian restrictions on gun ownership that Jazzy lusts for on a nationwide level...

But I'm not advocating restrictions.  Own as many guns as you can afford to insure.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #1182 on: October 08, 2017, 12:37:51 am »
But I'm not advocating restrictions.  Own as many guns as you can afford to insure.

Type as many words as you can insure. Mind you, I'm not advocating restrictions.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:39:34 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #1183 on: October 08, 2017, 12:39:22 am »

@Jazzhead

Thought poll taxes were unconstitutional
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1184 on: October 08, 2017, 12:41:42 am »

You can parse words...couch it under the guise of insurance...but what you're advocating is restriction.

There are already private groups that provide insurance that protects private citizens if they are involved in a self defense shooting.

There are provisions already in place in renters and homeowners insurance policies to reimburse a gun owner if their firearms are stolen during the course of a home invasion/robbery.

You're advocating a confiscatory policy that would prohibit average Americans from owning guns and making it to where only the rich could afford to own more than one.

Which I will point out again wouldn't have stopped the Las Vegas shooting since the shooter was a multi-millionaire that could have afforded every single gun he bought AND the insurance you propose and not blinked an eye at the cost.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1185 on: October 08, 2017, 12:42:10 am »
@Jazzhead

Thought poll taxes were unconstitutional

With Jazz its situational.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1186 on: October 08, 2017, 12:45:15 am »
Which I will point out again wouldn't have stopped the Las Vegas shooting since the shooter was a multi-millionaire that could have afforded every single gun he bought AND the insurance you propose and not blinked an eye at the cost.

It won't stop other rich assassins from plying their trade either, which renders the "copycat" meme laughable, though its a joke in very poor taste.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #1187 on: October 08, 2017, 12:46:32 am »

So how many inner city types that do most of the killings are going to buy insurance for their guns? Do you think they went into a gun store and purchased them there to begin with? How naive are you?

We could save far more lives just forcing everyone drive under 30 mph. And driving a car isn't a constitutional right so government has much more freedom here. Make cars so they won't go over 30 mph. If you modify your car to exceed that speed prosecute them. After all, why do you really need to go any faster? For the greater good and all... And then the wealthy who can afford it can buy insurance to go faster...

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #1188 on: October 08, 2017, 12:47:11 am »

I think we should make jazz and his friends take out a very pricey auto nsurance policy to cover losses in case they deliberately drive on the sidewalk and take out a bunch of pedestrians.  They can own as many cars as they can afford to insure in this manner
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:47:44 am by Mom MD »
God is still in control

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #1189 on: October 08, 2017, 12:47:32 am »

Follow up question: If Planned Butcherhood used guns to kill babies during abortions would you still be antigun and proabortion?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1190 on: October 08, 2017, 12:48:26 am »

"Poll taxes" (which are understood in the rest of the world not called the United States as a "tax on existing") are perfectly legal here, which is how Judge Roberts was able to declare Obamacare A-OK.  It's in the Constitution.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #1191 on: October 08, 2017, 12:49:28 am »
It won't stop other rich assassins from plying their trade either, which renders the "copycat" meme laughable, though its a joke in very poor taste.

It won't stop anyone who ignores the law regardless of wealth... Killing people is the highest crime and when they're willing to do that, all the rest is just noise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1192 on: October 08, 2017, 12:51:10 am »
I think we should make jazz and his friends take out a very pricey auto nsurance policy to cover losses in case they deliberately drive on the sidewalk and take out a bunch of pedestrians.  They can own as many cars as they can afford to insure in this manner

Either that or make insurance policies more expensive for a Honda Civic or Toyota Prius than say a Dodge Durango.

You're far more likely to suffer serious and even life threatening injuries in a smaller car...thus costing the insurance company more $$$ and putting the driver at greater risk than one driving the Durango.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #1193 on: October 08, 2017, 12:53:39 am »
Either that or make insurance policies more expensive for a Honda Civic or Toyota Prius than say a Dodge Durango.

You're far more likely to suffer serious and even life threatening injuries in a smaller car...thus costing the insurance company more $$$ and putting the driver at greater risk than one driving the Durango.

Gotcha.   But the point was there are all kinds of objects that can be used to intentionally kill people that can be subjected to this kind of tax.   Even some objects that liberals use daily
God is still in control

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1194 on: October 08, 2017, 12:54:07 am »
It won't stop anyone who ignores the law regardless of wealth... Killing people is the highest crime and when they're willing to do that, all the rest is just noise.

I'll be among those who ignore the law when they come after my guns.  Giving up my guns is a line I simply will not cross.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1195 on: October 08, 2017, 12:59:39 am »
Gotcha.   But the point was there are all kinds of objects that can be used to intentionally kill people that can be subjected to this kind of tax.   Even some objects that liberals use daily

You're right.  And after we start down a rabbit hole like that...you and I both know the Libs won't stop...ever.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1196 on: October 08, 2017, 01:00:15 am »
I'll be among those who ignore the law when they come after my guns.  Giving up my guns is a line I simply will not cross.

Same here.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1197 on: October 08, 2017, 01:02:51 am »

Yep.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #1198 on: October 08, 2017, 01:03:16 am »
Forcing people to insure their health care has worked out great. Forcing people to insure their guns is going to work out even better.

Car insurance is a tax. Health insurance is a tax.  You try to tax my guns, of which I don't own, is taxing me too far.

We already had a revolution over a stamp tax and tea tax, plus a rebellion over a whiskey tax.  Yes, it was more over taxation without representation, but IMO, this would be worse.

Think the corruption and violence after Volstead got bad?  See what happens if something similar was ever enacted with all firearms.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:03:44 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1199 on: October 08, 2017, 01:17:36 am »
If you can insure your pick-up truck, you can insure your gun.
Shall not be infringed. That justifies no fiscal test for owning a firearm (or other arm).

As I said earlier, Paddock was a man of means, owning multiple homes and aircraft. He was a recognized "high roller" on the gambling circuit.

A few tens of thousands in insurance fees would not have stopped him, either.

Few enough people can afford to purchase as many arms as he did, and he bought some of the pricier ones out there. That doesn't begin to add in the add-ons like bump stocks, bipods, extra magazines, good optics, etc. Money was not an impediment for him.

But for the average guy, having to insure every gun is like for someone who owns five cars having to insure every one of them. You only use one at a time. I have six vehicles on the pavement, but I only drive one at a time. If that vehicle sits unused for a month, I still have to pay for the insurance even though the probability of it being involved in an accident and causing injury to someone is zero. Yet you would impose a similar model on someone who owns firearms? Even NIB arms purchased for an investment? Grandpa's old scattergun, and the wallhanger percussion rifle from the 1800s passed down through the family? Will parts count as firearms, like with "machine guns"? That way the slug barrel or the set of chokes for that shotgun can be counted as several firearms instead of just one?

Not only no, but Hell no. I see a lot of iron bottomed lakes out there as those guns are rapidly lost in boating accidents, and jokes like those told about the Latvians while the Soviets dominated there (Why do Latvians pour oil on their flowerbeds? To keep the rifles from rusting...)

This is a big country. How are you even going to find them all? That won't happen, but people who sold a firearm private sale to someone who has died or moved would end up having to carry insurance on something they don't have or face prison for not producing something they no longer own? Will the ex-wife-to-be assert the ex-husband-to-be has unregistered and uninsured firearms as the new opening gambit of a nasty divorce instead of just alleging abuse? Because there would have to be a registry in order to track insurance compliance.

I take issue with the methodology used with liability insurance for vehicles, anyway. I think the Driver should be insured for liability rather than the vehicle (unless you want full coverage for collision and comprehensive, which banks want to secure the value of a collateral asset, and some folks want for expensive vehicles which might suffer damage without a clear way to recover costs of replacement or repair).

But, at some point, your solution has a result: I see dead people.

Nope. Let's not go there. Let's not make criminals out of people who are not a problem. Let's not create a situation which will lead to very hard feelings, and very likely, bloodshed,where there would have been none.

Leave this infringement the hell off of my RKBA. It will cost more lives than it saves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis