Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99531 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #750 on: October 04, 2017, 01:14:59 pm »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21901/report-las-vegas-shooter-may-have-originally-emily-zanotti

According to this article, Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire has its own sources that corroborate The Daily Beast and The NY Post. 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #751 on: October 04, 2017, 01:15:51 pm »
Until we are told of the motive, we will just be reading our own beliefs into his motives.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #752 on: October 04, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
Until we are told of the motive, we will just be reading our own beliefs into his motives.

Yep

Offline jpsb

« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2017, 01:18:32 pm »
@jpsb

So your "lots of thought" outweighs that information?

How is Soros involved?  I mean, he must be, right?

Your information is meaningless. He was a big gambler and went to Vegas frequently. So what that he tried to book a room here or there. It is what he did that counts not what the Washington Post says he might have been thinking of doing.

I am just going where the FACTS lead. I am not making stuff up, you are.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #754 on: October 04, 2017, 01:19:33 pm »
I'm killing time in the Vegas airport right now,  really eager to get home.  I almost got caught up in it - we were walking to Mandalay Bay but we turned back at 9:30 at Tropicana because I was tired and had too much to drink.  I never ever drink Champaign-  thank the stars I did!

Spent many hours in a line yesterday at UMC to donate blood .   It was inspiring to see the Vegas community pull together , in so many ways.

Might as well add my two cents - here's what I think happened.  Keep in mind two salient points - the shooting stopped ten minutes after it began,  yet the cops didn't breach the door for an hour.   They must have known he was already dead.  The security guard who was shot likely heard him off himself, saw the cameras so the cops acted slowly fearing a booby trap.

Why did he kill himself so early?  Because his dirty work was done.  The $100k money transfer to the Philippines is the second salient point.  I think a member of his girlfriend's family was kidnapped by terrorists.  The ransom, after they found out the girlfriend was with a rich gun collector,  was to commit a terrorist act.  The money transfer was the signal Paddock had set a situation up.  He'd apparently been looking for a suitable situation for several months - I doubt he was trying to target country music fans/conservatives.  He may well have been apolitical like his brother says.   He was,  I think,  caught up in an inextricable situation,  did what he needed to do to pay the terrible price,  and then shot himself.

Well,  that's the only thing that makes any kind of sense to me right now.   We all seek an explanation for the inexplcable.  So much pain and suffering. Pray for Vegas.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 01:45:08 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jpsb

« Reply #755 on: October 04, 2017, 01:20:09 pm »

And you really believe "we" will be told the real motive?

:happyhappy:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #756 on: October 04, 2017, 01:20:56 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Come and take it, baby.

That might be a fun challenge if you know how to operate a riding crop.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #758 on: October 04, 2017, 01:30:14 pm »
Your information is meaningless. He was a big gambler and went to Vegas frequently. So what that he tried to book a room here or there. It is what he did that counts not what the Washington Post says he might have been thinking of doing.

LOL

Offline thackney

« Reply #759 on: October 04, 2017, 01:33:41 pm »
I'm killing time in the Vegas airport right now,  really eager to get home.  I almost got caught up in it - we were walking to Mandalay Bay but we turned back at 9:30 at Tropicana because I was tired and had too much to drink.  I never ever drink Champaign-  thank the stars I did!

Spent many hours in a line yesterday at UMC to donate blood .   It was inspiring to see the Vegas community pull together , in so many ways.

Might as well add my two cents - here's what I think happened.  Keep in mind two salient points - the shooting stopped ten minutes after it began,  yet the cops didn't breach the door for an hour.   They must have known he was already dead.  The security guard who was shot likely heard him off himself, saw the cameras so the cops acted slowly fearing a booby trap.

Why did he kill himself so early?  Because his dirty work was done.  The $100k money transfer to the Philippines is the second salient point.  I think a member of his girlfriend's family was kidnapped by terrorists.  The ransom, after they found out the girlfriend was with a rich gun collector,  was to commit a terrorist act.  The money transfer was the signal Paddock had set a situation up.  He's apparently been looking for a suitable situation for several months - I doubt he was trying to target country music fans/conservatives.  He may well have been apolitical like his brother says.   He was,  I think,  caught up in an inextrcable situation,  did what he needed to do to pay the terrible price,  and then shot himself.

Well,  that the only thing that makes any kind of sense to me.   So much pain and suffering. Pray for Vegas.

Thank you for sharing.  I hope you post more about the local reaction later as you have time.

We know folks that were at the concert earlier in the day but left a couple hours before the shooting.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Oceander

« Reply #760 on: October 04, 2017, 01:34:32 pm »
Not being a citizen, would she have had any SSNs?  A TIN I could see, but SSN?

If she is authorized to work here, then she gets an SSN, citizen or not. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #761 on: October 04, 2017, 01:39:29 pm »

@jpsb
If he wanted specific rooms that overlooked the venue, and didn't book when they were unavailable, that would give a good indication.

We'll have to see whether the CBS source was right about him actually not booking rooms.  It's possible that when he couldn't get those rooms, he booked condos and just gambled.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #762 on: October 04, 2017, 01:45:08 pm »

Glad you're safe, @Jazzhead!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #763 on: October 04, 2017, 01:47:25 pm »
Las Vegas shooter's girlfriend 'sent away' before his massacre
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/us/marilou-danley-vegas-shooting-paddock/index.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #764 on: October 04, 2017, 01:49:15 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #765 on: October 04, 2017, 01:50:55 pm »
Glad you're safe, @Jazzhead!

@Jazzhead
Dittos to what Suppressed said!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #766 on: October 04, 2017, 02:04:34 pm »
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/10/03/curiouser-and-curiouser-vegas-shooters-girlfriend-used-multiple-ids-multiple-ss-numbers-and-married-two-men-simultaneously/#more-139402
Curiouser and Curiouser – Vegas Shooter’s Girlfriend Used Multiple ID’s, Multiple SS Numbers, and Married Two Men Simultaneously…
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #767 on: October 04, 2017, 02:19:56 pm »
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/10/03/curiouser-and-curiouser-vegas-shooters-girlfriend-used-multiple-ids-multiple-ss-numbers-and-married-two-men-simultaneously/#more-139402
Curiouser and Curiouser – Vegas Shooter’s Girlfriend Used Multiple ID’s, Multiple SS Numbers, and Married Two Men Simultaneously…

I don't know if this is the same issue, but there is some weird stuff around all the 'brides' coming in from Asia for old men phenomenon. We had an old disabled vet here in town get a Filipino bride and while she said she was 22, you could swear she was 16 or 17 at the oldest and acted like it. She was always going out clubbing and being seen with men her age. (aka 18-19) Apparently these old guys get these 'brides' to take care of them and in turn, they get immigration papers. But the problem is the papers they bring from their home countries often are forged and things like age, marital status, etc, are often fake.  This one was busted when she was caught stealing from him and sending money back to her home country.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #768 on: October 04, 2017, 02:27:39 pm »
How many creepy freeptards claim to have these young asian wives?

BassWrangler

« Reply #769 on: October 04, 2017, 02:29:48 pm »
I really dislike how Drudge will pay links to Infowars. I end up reading almost an entire article before I realize that's the site I am on, and that some of all of the article is speculative crap.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #770 on: October 04, 2017, 02:32:06 pm »

While I'm not denying that many TOSsers are creepy, it's an interesting sociological phenomenon that we've reversed the old societal mores.  It used to be that it was considered irresponsible for women to marry young men who hadn't yet developed the means to care for them properly. 

It doesn't have anything to do with this case; I just find such cultural changes fascinating.
+++++++++

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #771 on: October 04, 2017, 02:33:24 pm »

I don't get the Oriental wives thing. I am into Polish chicks. It's fun to watch them put light bulbs in.

BassWrangler

« Reply #772 on: October 04, 2017, 02:34:17 pm »

I think these days denizens of ToS are more likely to be into "racial purity" than young Asian wives. I suspect a cross check of Stormfront and ToS member roles would show a high correlation.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:36:50 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #773 on: October 04, 2017, 02:36:50 pm »

Why did he kill himself so early?  Because his dirty work was done.  The $100k money transfer to the Philippines is the second salient point.  I think a member of his girlfriend's family was kidnapped by terrorists.  The ransom, after they found out the girlfriend was with a rich gun collector,  was to commit a terrorist act.  The money transfer was the signal Paddock had set a situation up.  He'd apparently been looking for a suitable situation for several months - I doubt he was trying to target country music fans/conservatives.  He may well have been apolitical like his brother says.   He was,  I think,  caught up in an inextricable situation,  did what he needed to do to pay the terrible price,  and then shot himself.

Well,  that's the only thing that makes any kind of sense to me right now.   We all seek an explanation for the inexplcable.  So much pain and suffering. Pray for Vegas.

Oh, @Jazzhead !!  I'm SO glad you're OK!  Praise God!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #774 on: October 04, 2017, 02:39:45 pm »
This one will be a hot mess, indefinitely.  Any investigating body from the federal government will be mistrusted.   That many people involved will generate literally thousands of different and contradicting eyewitness testimonies.   The 24 hour news cycle and rush to be first will generate misinformation and disinformation.  Internet trolls will muddy the waters. 

It will probably go on for years. People still believe the DC sniper had some connection to jihad.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.