Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99816 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #575 on: October 03, 2017, 01:31:23 am »
@edpc

I'm about 3 hours north of St Louis, so I'm very aware of New Madrid

Ha....so am I on the Il side....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #576 on: October 03, 2017, 01:32:10 am »
That looks totally different from the first pictures shown.  I wonder if it is a recent photo.

Just do the "Enhance" trick from TV, and you could see the answer on that calendar.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #577 on: October 03, 2017, 01:32:56 am »
That looks totally different from the first pictures shown.  I wonder if it is a recent photo.

I remember when he hit the game winning homer in the first game of the 1988 World Series.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #578 on: October 03, 2017, 01:33:30 am »
   He looks 10 years younger in that pic @Emjay the eyes wide shut photo is probably the most current.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #579 on: October 03, 2017, 01:34:12 am »
@Applewood

I think I remember that.

I'd post a link, but I don't want to trash up the thread with Obama.

Thank you for that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #580 on: October 03, 2017, 01:35:02 am »
While his delivery may leave a lot to be desired.... he may have a point.  Has anyone noticed how 'south' things have gone since that last eclipse?  The timeline...  (approximately from recollection)...

Eclipse                                8/21/17
Hurricane Harvey                8/26/17
Chiapas Mex Earthquake 8.1    9/7/17
Hurricane Irma                        9/11/17
Hurricane Maria                        9/20/17
N. Korea nuke test                9/23/17
Oaxaca Mex Earthquake        9/23/17
Las Vegas shooter                10/1/17

Talk about a "bad moon risin".....

The birth pangs are increasing.
God is still in control

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #581 on: October 03, 2017, 01:35:41 am »
I remember when he hit the game winning homer in the first game of the 1988 World Series.

Oh, man...
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #582 on: October 03, 2017, 01:37:48 am »
I was watching a show over the weekend that the outer planets are exhibiting higher luminescence. Which means that the entire solar system is heating up. So global warming is (solar) system-wide.

My point with this shooting is it should come as no surprise. And I care on a level that is deeper than overt dismay. I've studied this. Whatever the shooter's final straw was may never be known. But there are a lot of people in this country, particularly aging white men who are being increasingly disenfranchised.

There has been a concerted effort over the last, at least two decades, to divide, to tribalize, our society. I have tried to tell you here and there that there is a better way. And it starts with each one of you.

The chickens are coming home to roost. I will make a prediction, hopefully wrong, that there will be instances of martial law called for in test cases coming soon.

What EDPC said about a sedated, obliviated, oppressed citizenry is here.

I will tell you a little secret. I get up at 2:30-3:a.m. because I can't stand the PTSD nightmares. You know the SOURCE? I was compliant once. I believed in the system ONCE. Never again.

I wouldn't be surprised about your prediction about martial law.

BUT,  please get help.  I'm not being sarcastic.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #583 on: October 03, 2017, 01:39:21 am »
Thank you for that.

@Emjay

I just saw a clip from ABC News.  The caption on the screen read "Trump's Challenge." 

They were showing Obama singing "Amazing Grace."  I am not kidding.

Offline corbe

« Reply #584 on: October 03, 2017, 01:44:15 am »
   Thanks @bigheadfred for taking the heat, again, She's usually instructing me to seek Psychiatric counseling.

Got Tom Petty You Tube on loop most the day, feeling really melancholy with all the events today.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #585 on: October 03, 2017, 01:45:55 am »
Trying to figure out where all these calls for more restrictive guns laws and blaming the NRA for mass murder were after the shooting in Antioch, Tennessee a couple weeks ago. Didn't hear a peep out of Hillary...no stupid tweets from ABC News reporters or execs at CBS. No hysterical hand wringing falsehoods about how America experiences "64 mass shootings a day". In fact the media and the usual gun grabbing suspects were mysteriously silent. Wonder why that is? Oh wait...that's right...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #586 on: October 03, 2017, 01:46:59 am »
Trying to figure out where all these calls for more restrictive guns laws and blaming the NRA for mass murder were after the shooting in Antioch, Tennessee a couple weeks ago. Didn't hear a peep out of Hillary...no stupid tweets from ABC News reporters or execs at CBS. No hysterical hand wringing falsehoods about how America experiences "64 mass shootings a day". In fact the media and the usual gun grabbing suspects were mysteriously silent. Wonder why that is? Oh wait...that's right...

That's right.  I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #587 on: October 03, 2017, 02:01:31 am »
Live update happening now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #588 on: October 03, 2017, 02:02:09 am »
23 weapons recovered at Mandalay Bay...18 so far at his house.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #589 on: October 03, 2017, 02:04:43 am »
Todd R. Fasulo, Assistant Sheriff is the one at the podium for the LVMPD.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #590 on: October 03, 2017, 02:06:59 am »
23 weapons recovered at Mandalay Bay...18 so far at his house.

Just asking your opinion, and without taking the nature of this act into consideration so much, but would you take 23 weapons if you were operating alone?

I can see two shooting positions, two to 3 weapons at each, a pistol and a backup, puts me at eight weapons, tops. Then there is the question of different magazines for different weapons...and suddenly this whole thing seems a tad overcomplicated for a one man show.

Your thoughts?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #591 on: October 03, 2017, 02:09:22 am »
Just asking your opinion, and without taking the nature of this act into consideration so much, but would you take 23 weapons if you were operating alone?

I can see two shooting positions, two to 3 weapons at each, a pistol and a backup, puts me at eight weapons, tops. Then there is the question of different magazines for different weapons...and suddenly this whole thing seems a tad overcomplicated for a one man show.

Your thoughts?

@Smokin Joe

Me personally?  No. 3-4 at most to account for the rifles getting hot from the continuous firing.  Rotate them let them cool. Two at each firing position.  Shoot reload, lay that weapon down...move to the second firing position.  Wash rinse repeat.

I'd have one sidearm for close quarters if and when the law enforcement people had me cornered.

But there's no way in hell I'd have 23 just for myself.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:11:43 am by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #592 on: October 03, 2017, 02:15:21 am »
Some idiot reporter just asked if Jason Aldean should have told people to duck and asked if by not saying anything before he ran off stage more lives were lost.   *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:15:42 am by txradioguy »

Offline edpc

« Reply #593 on: October 03, 2017, 02:18:58 am »
Some idiot reporter just asked if Jason Aldean should have told people to duck and asked if by not saying anything before he ran off stage more lives were lost.

Well – that's a no-win situation. If he had said duck, run, or take cover and then split, people would likely panic and stampede each other.  Then, they would blame him for that.   It would be drawing comparisons to the 1979 The Who concert in Cincinnati.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:21:06 am by edpc »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #594 on: October 03, 2017, 02:20:59 am »
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"Absence of a viable exit and escape strategy indicates either poor planning, failure to account for some factor (like smoke alarms pinpointing his location), poor execution, or the absence of desire to escape."

This guy had no intention of walking out of that room alive.

Although with all the obvious planning for his attack, it seems odd that he didn't "leave a manifesto" somewhere, a suicide note, something.

Perhaps he did, and the authorities have it, and are keeping quiet about its contents.

It's probably going to take another two-three days before "the wheat gets sorted from the chaff", before the facts come out and begin to line up.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #595 on: October 03, 2017, 02:21:32 am »
Well – that's a no-win situation. If he had said duck, run, or take cover and then split, people would likely panic and stampede each other.  Then, they would blame him for that.

IIRC the crowd was already ducking down by the time he realized what was going on and hauled ass of the stage.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #596 on: October 03, 2017, 02:24:04 am »
SWAT also conducting a search at a property the shooter owned in Reno as well as the one in Mesquite.

Assistant Sheriff seemed to indicate there was some kind of computer or media device in the hotel room...they are also going over hard drives seized in Mesquite.

Offline edpc

« Reply #597 on: October 03, 2017, 02:25:54 am »
Although with all the obvious planning for his attack, it seems odd that he didn't "leave a manifesto" somewhere, a suicide note, something.

Perhaps he did, and the authorities have it, and are keeping quiet about its contents.

It's probably going to take another two-three days before "the wheat gets sorted from the chaff", before the facts come out and begin to line up.

Yes, generally, people who do things like this have either told people they had dark intentions or have documented it in some fashion.  I'd be genuinely surprised if he did not have something on an electronic device or in a notebook in his house.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #598 on: October 03, 2017, 02:26:38 am »
IIRC the crowd was already ducking down by the time he realized what was going on and hauled ass of the stage.
The shooter was through the first magazine (assuming a drum mag) before the band quit playing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #599 on: October 03, 2017, 02:28:49 am »
There's been mixed reports on whether he killed himself prior to the police breaching his room or after.

If it was before then no one actually saw him commit the crime and there are many possibilities at play. I sure hope it was after.