Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 99531 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #275 on: October 02, 2017, 04:36:35 pm »
How is it someone can break out a window on the 32nd floor of a hotel ... and no one knows this?  (Sorry if this seems like a silly question .. but it's just bothering me so much)

A couple of high powered rifle rounds will are a good start to compromising the integrity of the glass to the point where you can use the butt of the weapon to clear the rest of it out.

How can no one identify the room once the shooting starts?

Muzzle flash is the best way.  But if the shooter doesn't stand directly in the window and backs up a couple feet from the edge to start firing...it reduces the chance of being seen.

From what i've been hearing this morning...the smoke detectors going off in his room is what helped the cops zero in on where he was shooting from.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2017, 04:37:03 pm »
Have you been to one of these hotels on the strip?  Do you realize how big they are?  And how noisy?  I think it's miraculous they found him as quickly as they did and got SWAT in place so quickly.  The first cop there can't just charge the room they had to get the right personnel and equipment in place.  What if he would have had enough explosives in the room to kill many in the hotel when detonated?

From the news reports that I heard this morning, the hotel staff were able to tell the police which room he was in because the firearms that he was using put off enough exhaust from being fired to set off the smoke alarm in his room.
Let it burn.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2017, 04:37:50 pm »
NBC News‏Verified account @NBCNews 14m14 minutes ago

BREAKING: FBI says they have determined that there is no connection between the Las Vegas shooter and an international terror group
Gee, that was sure quick.

How come the "Russia," influence thing is taking them sooooooo long?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2017, 04:38:05 pm »
Weird thing about Vegas -- at least for me -- is that sometimes it's difficult to perceive distance.  I can look outside my window of a hotel, see a building across the way and think it's close by, then try to walk there and find out it isn't all that close.  Or some things might look far, but in reality, they are much closer than I realize.  I don't know why that is -- just that I've been fooled on more than one occasion. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2017, 04:39:12 pm »
Attached is a rough distance calculation from Google Earth of 404 yards, not very far at all. Considering he was shooting down into a crowd of over ten thousand from an elevated position, no special skill would be needed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Applewood

« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »
Gee, that was sure quick.

How come the "Russia," influence thing is taking them sooooooo long?

The report is misleading.  They don't know for sure yet.  The investigation is ongoing.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2017, 04:39:42 pm »
Have you been to one of these hotels on the strip?  Do you realize how big they are?  And how noisy?  I think it's miraculous they found him as quickly as they did and got SWAT in place so quickly.  The first cop there can't just charge the room they had to get the right personnel and equipment in place.  What if he would have had enough explosives in the room to kill many in the hotel when detonated?

I read that he was easily found because the smoke from firing the weapon set off the room's smoke alarm.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2017, 04:40:19 pm »
Attached is a rough distance calculation from Google Earth of 404 yards, not very far at all. Considering he was shooting down into a crowd of over ten thousand from an elevated position, no special skill would be needed.

Nope none at all if all you're doing is spraying bullets at a large area target...which is what that crowd was.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Silver Pines

« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2017, 04:40:50 pm »
She needs to be fired, on the spot, no appeal.

@verga

I won't say what I'm thinking about that piece of irredeemable trash.

Offline verga

Re: President Trump's Remarks On Shooting in Nevada: Oct 2, 2017
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2017, 04:41:23 pm »
WOW that was powerful. And not a single rash statement or rush to judgement.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #285 on: October 02, 2017, 04:42:12 pm »
The FBI is no longer a credible organization. The FBI has become political agent for the uniparty.

AMEN.  I am right there with you on that estimation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #286 on: October 02, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
I've not seen that Trump is a particular spiritual man, but let me just say,

Well spoken Mr President.

Yes, he got the tone just right.  I like when he's like this.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #287 on: October 02, 2017, 04:43:09 pm »
The perspective does seem off, I think it has something to do with how Google is adding 3D buildings which, in this case, appear very small (think about the width of a 4 lane road). When I was there last year, it felt like the buildings were all right close to each other.  You are looking at a few hundred yards, not a few thousand.

This shows a better idea of the building size and how it is practically right on top of the area where the concert is.

Here is Google Street view of the location.

A lot would depend on which room he was actually in but I think he was pretty close to the end.   This morning on Fox they said it was 1000-1200 ft, so 250 to 300 yards.   Difficult with iron sites but then he didn't really have to be very accurate.  His rate of fire would have precluded aimed shots anyway.  Again, didn't matter with the density of the people at the concert.

In my experience everything in Vegas is about this far from everything else.  Going down a block and across the street can be a 1/2 mile of walking.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #288 on: October 02, 2017, 04:44:16 pm »

Especially so with a full auto weapon involved. 

This is a highly premeditated event. He spent some time working all this out.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:46:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2017, 04:44:27 pm »
Saying this is footage of him at an anti-Trump rally, so take it with a grain of salt; who knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzO0lgvQID0

Again, this is unconfirmed, I don't want to just post speculation, remove if it doesn't seem proper.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:45:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2017, 04:46:01 pm »
A lot would depend on which room he was actually in but I think he was pretty close to the end.   This morning on Fox they said it was 1000-1200 ft, so 250 to 300 yards.   Difficult with iron sites but then he didn't really have to be very accurate.  His rate of fire would have precluded aimed shots anyway.  Again, didn't matter with the density of the people at the concert.

In my experience everything in Vegas is about this far from everything else.  Going down a block and across the street can be a 1/2 mile of walking.

The two windows the media keeps showing are on that spur that is just to the left of the McDonalds sign...he had a perfect field of fire down on the crowd from above and behind the stage from one window and then to the right of the stage from the other window.

Offline CSM

« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2017, 04:46:04 pm »

Very interesting, thank you for doing that research.  400 yards isn't peanuts, but it is much closer than I was thinking.....

Silver Pines

« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2017, 04:47:16 pm »
So you know for a fact that it was not ISIS? You know for a fact that ISIS claiming it was is a lie? ISIS calling for an attack on the Vegas strip back in May was just a coincidence?

REPORT: Las Vegas Strip ISIS Threats Emerge on Video

@jpsb

You know for a fact it was?  Where's the proof? 

Of course no one is surprised ISIS would want to attack this country.  But it's not logical to assume right off the bat that they're behind every murder/mass killing.  That's conspiracy thinking.  Especially when you discount what the FBI is saying. 

Btw, that site is partially owned by a guy whose last name is Assaad.   :pondering:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2017, 04:47:19 pm »
CBS Legal Exec: No Sympathy For Vegas ‘Because Country Music Fans Often Are Republican’
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/cbs-legal-exec-no-sympathy-because-country-music-fans-often-are-republican/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2017, 04:48:13 pm »
Very interesting, thank you for doing that research.  400 yards isn't peanuts, but it is much closer than I was thinking.....

400 yards from an elevated position at a concentrated target with full auto weapon is a chip shot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2017, 04:48:38 pm »
Saying this is footage of him at an anti-Trump rally, so take it with a grain of salt; who knows?

Again, this is unconfirmed, I don't want to just post speculation, remove if it doesn't seem proper.

That's way too out of focus to get anything from it. Not all old guys with gray hair are the same person (and the guy in the video is wearing a pink hat so even more difficult to make any sort of speculation).  I'm sure there are a million people around that area that could potentially fit that description.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2017, 04:50:16 pm »
CBS Legal Exec: No Sympathy For Vegas ‘Because Country Music Fans Often Are Republican’
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/cbs-legal-exec-no-sympathy-because-country-music-fans-often-are-republican/

@CatherineofAragon

Amazing how a tragedy like this unmasks the ugliest among us for the ghouls they really are.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2017, 04:50:30 pm »

Hard to tell and even the narrator isn't sure.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:07 pm »
Listening to the video...close to 30 seconds of sustained fire at one point...deeper sound than 5.56 (more of a "thud thud" than a "crack crack")...so IMHO he either illegally modified semi-auto (single shot) rifles or illegally purchased fully auto weapons and some how got them into the country.

Not even the bionic hand of the Six Million Dollar Man could fire a semi-auto rifle that fast.

@txradioguy
Some people have suggested he used a binary trigger.   Those shoot once when you pull and again when you release.    The shooting seems to regular to me.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:08 pm »
CBS Legal Exec: No Sympathy For Vegas ‘Because Country Fans Often Are Republican’

https://t.co/DraKcqd4rI

HT: Kurt Schlichter

https://twitter.com/KurtSchlichter/status/914884002053533696

Dear God, what have we become?

That's not "we".