Author Topic: Big Turnout as New England Patriots Fan Holds Jersey Burning Event  (Read 1004 times)

rangerrebew

Big Turnout as New England Patriots Fan Holds Jersey Burning Event
« on: September 30, 2017, 02:58:29 pm »
Big Turnout as New England Patriots Fan Holds Jersey Burning Event

September 29, 2017| by Donn Marten

Not even the glow of that fifth Super Bowl trophy can hold back the anger of some fans of the world champion New England Patriots and the ongoing disrespect to the country and the flag.

Last Sunday, owner Robert Kraft came out with a statement denouncing President Donald Trump and his harsh words to the malcontents who have been taking knees and sitting on their privileged asses in honor of Colin Kaepernick.

Superstar quarterback and Trump friend Tom Brady also blasted the POTUS in a statement that shows that he is first and foremost a company man who knows that it is the NFL that butters his bread.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/big-turnout-as-new-england-patriots-fan-holds-jersey-burning-event
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:59:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Applewood

Re: Big Turnout as New England Patriots Fan Holds Jersey Burning Event
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »

"Superstar quarterback and Trump friend Tom Brady also blasted the POTUS in a statement that shows that he is first and foremost a company man who knows that it is the NFL that butters his bread."

Yeah, well, keep up with the stunts and before long, the league won't have any butter for your bread.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 03:10:12 pm »

"Superstar quarterback and Trump friend Tom Brady also blasted the POTUS in a statement that shows that he is first and foremost a company man who knows that it is the NFL that butters his bread."

Yeah, well, keep up with the stunts and before long, the league won't have any butter for your bread.

There's only so many camera angles the networks will be able to take at a game to try and hide the fact there are more and more empty seats because of the shenanigans by the players.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 03:24:30 pm »
There's only so many camera angles the networks will be able to take at a game to try and hide the fact there are more and more empty seats because of the shenanigans by the players.

Being this is the first weekend to witness fan reaction to the FUBAR last weekend, I see no evidence of shrinkage yret, based on the only game played on Thursday. Greenbay packed them in as usual.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 03:26:18 pm »

Empty seats, no merch sales, boycott of advertisers, networks losing money broadcasting to fewer viewers. The fans are not going to put up with this nonsense from overpaid, underworked sports figures and their spineless coaches and team owners  Yes, the players have freedom of speech. And we fans have the right to express our disapproval by putting them all out of business.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 03:29:53 pm »
GB may have "packed them in" but check for articles, if the fans followed what the Packers asked them to do, lock arms during the anthem. It seems to be a big No.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 04:03:26 pm »
Being this is the first weekend to witness fan reaction to the FUBAR last weekend, I see no evidence of shrinkage yret, based on the only game played on Thursday. Greenbay packed them in as usual.

I read somewhere that individual ticket sales for the games this weekend are down.  I suppose season ticket holders might show up because they've already shelled out some serious money for their seats and they might not be able to unload their tickets. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 04:16:36 pm »
Football is the only sport that I enjoy watching, and unless it spins further down the sewer I probably will continue to watch. But Im not buying tickets, and  I'm staying away from the Team Store, where I lay down a nice amount of money every year. Was planning on using birthday money to replace an old Jersey.  Nope not this year.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 04:24:34 pm »
View of the home side of Levi Stadium for the Second Half kickoff, September 10:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 05:20:29 pm »

The small crowds aren't just a recent thing.  People have been pissed over this stuff with the NFL since last year.

This was the Rams home opener against Washington a couple weeks ago.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 05:37:29 pm »
While I'd like to see all pro sports teams (except maybe hockey) take a hit, I wonder how many fans will be able to give up their addiction to a sport they love.
What all the whiners don't understand is that most fans don't want to oppress them, in fact most loyal fans love their players of whatever color.
Nevertheless, I'd love to see a huge fan boycott. The league's numbers are down in sales  of merchandise and tv subscriptions, but they really need to take a hit in attendance.
The spoiled players have to realize that it is the fans calling the tune.
We can all live without our love of pro sports, myself included.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 07:08:05 pm »
This one fellow, in fact, he is a Veteran, showed this in another forum. I never knew this about the National Anthem.

Specifically, the last two verses, actually, I only see it in this next verse. i

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their
 foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner
 in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation!
Blest with vict'ry and peace may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the power that hath made
and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto - "In God is our trust," 
And the star-spangled banner
in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I'm not even sure what that second to the last verse means, "No refuge could save the hireling and slave" but I said, well, we don't even sing that anyway.  So, I'll assume those words were pro-slavery.

http://amhistory.si.edu/starspangledbanner/pdf/ssb_lyrics.pdf

They can further tell you that Francis Scott Key was a slaveholder and anti-abolitionist in his home-state of Maryland.

Looks like I will just go ahead and post this link under the news, it seems to discuss similar arguments: http://www.myajc.com/news/nfl-protests-critics-document-national-anthem-problematic-past/xPRktlcnLFShNj5ep7nCsJ/

I said, well, the protests are not against the anthem per se.

But this collision course, really, has been in the NFL for some time,  that's why personally, I have looked at other sports more.  In the end, though, I'm sure every sport is tainted with something.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 07:09:09 pm by TomSea »