Author Topic: Jack Reed: Jim Mattis and generals stopped Trump from making 'consequential' North Korea decisions  (Read 443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Reed: Jim Mattis and generals stopped Trump from making 'consequential' North Korea decisions
by Travis J. Tritten | Sep 29, 2017, 3:10 PM

The top Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee said Friday he believes Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and two generals serving as top White House aides successfully steered President Trump away from making consequential decisions on the handling of the North Korea nuclear crisis.

"My presumption is, and I think it's valid, is that they have already weighed in and sometimes decisively to prevent things that could have been very consequential," Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., said during a question-and-answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations.

Reed had been asked about his reaction to Trump's "fire and fury" threat to the regime in August and whether he reached out for clarification to Mattis, John Kelly, Trump's chief of staff, and Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, the president's national security adviser.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jack-reed-jim-mattis-and-generals-stopped-trump-from-making-consequential-north-korea-decisions/article/2636102
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Jack Reed: Jim Mattis and generals stopped Trump from making 'consequential' North Korea decisions
by Travis J. Tritten | Sep 29, 2017, 3:10 PM

The top Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee said Friday he believes Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and two generals serving as top White House aides successfully steered President Trump away from making consequential decisions on the handling of the North Korea nuclear crisis.

"My presumption is, and I think it's valid, is that they have already weighed in and sometimes decisively to prevent things that could have been very consequential," Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., said during a question-and-answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations.

Reed had been asked about his reaction to Trump's "fire and fury" threat to the regime in August and whether he reached out for clarification to Mattis, John Kelly, Trump's chief of staff, and Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, the president's national security adviser.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jack-reed-jim-mattis-and-generals-stopped-trump-from-making-consequential-north-korea-decisions/article/2636102

While I wouldn't trust Reed out of the box, one does wonder why Trump suddenly went soft on the subject after speaking so loudly about his big stick.