Author Topic: NFL Ticket Sales Take Nosedive Following Weeks Of Protests  (Read 902 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
NFL Ticket Sales Take Nosedive Following Weeks Of Protests
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:28:57 pm »
As far as NFL football is concerned, we know ratings are down for the second year in a row as more and more football players, teams and now the entire franchise is standing behind players’ “right” to protest the National Anthem.

But we also know now that ticket sales at games are plummeting as well.

Since President Donald Trump called on team owners to fire players who “take a knee” to protest the American Flag and the Star Spangled Banner, the top online NFL ticket reseller TickPick reports sales have dropped almost 18 percent after Week Three.

Read more at: http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/ticket-sales-nosedive
The Republic is lost.

Offline Victoria33

Re: NFL Ticket Sales Take Nosedive Following Weeks Of Protests
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 01:46:50 pm »
Trump, the destroyer, at work again.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 01:53:22 pm »

Right, because the NFL was doing so well last season.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 02:11:02 pm »
The real dive will take place when companies decide not to renew those skyboxes or 50 yd line seats.

I bet right now there are fans who have already committed to their seats that are bringing signs of disgust to display at the games.  The networks are simply not showing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYYTTIzrYJQ
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 02:33:32 pm »

@Victoria33
Huh?  So now Trump is responsible for what other people do?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 02:51:51 pm »
@Victoria33
Huh?  So now Trump is responsible for what other people do?
@driftdiver

Hi, driftdiver,

No, he is responsible for creating major chaos where there was none until in a public speech, he called football players "Sons of bitches", and yelled out "You're' Fired!" wanting football players fired. 

Yesterday, he said football owners are afraid of football players.  He will keep this going until he thinks of another chaos to create.  You see, that is the objective - the subject doesn't matter, making chaos does matter so he is the main subject of news every day.  That has been his pattern of behavior since he was an adult.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 02:56:43 pm »
@driftdiver

Hi, driftdiver,

No, he is responsible for creating major chaos where there was none until in a public speech, he called football players "Sons of bitches", and yelled out "You're' Fired!" wanting football players fired. 

Yesterday, he said football owners are afraid of football players.  He will keep this going until he thinks of another chaos to create.  You see, that is the objective - the subject doesn't matter, making chaos does matter so he is the main subject of news every day.  That has been his pattern of behavior since he was an adult.

I'll put you down as one that is cool with NFL players disrespecting our flag/country/vets.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 03:15:54 pm »

Some things need to be destroyed.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 03:16:42 pm »
@driftdiver

Hi, driftdiver,

@Victoria33
And he was right in all of those things.   The NFL is backing down and its not because of Trump.  Its because of the 100 million people who spoke up and said ENOUGH.

He did what a leader should do, not as eloquently as others might have, but he was right to denounce the anti-American behavior of the NFL.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 03:44:21 pm »
@Victoria33
And he was right in all of those things.   The NFL is backing down and its not because of Trump.  Its because of the 100 million people who spoke up and said ENOUGH.

He did what a leader should do, not as eloquently as others might have, but he was right to denounce the anti-American behavior of the NFL.
Exactly right.

For too long we have had quislings like McConnell or Ryan simply put up with garbage.  At least we have someone who shouts it from rooftops the king has no clothes.

I also notice that the favorites leftists stooges have attempted to say this is a racial thing because mostly blacks have chosen to disrespect the anthem.

That hasn't stuck either.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 04:04:50 pm »
Exactly right.

For too long we have had quislings like McConnell or Ryan simply put up with garbage.  At least we have someone who shouts it from rooftops the king has no clothes.

I also notice that the favorites leftists stooges have attempted to say this is a racial thing because mostly blacks have chosen to disrespect the anthem.

That hasn't stuck either.

It really doesn't have much to do with Trump,  Trump is just the result of this sentiment which is growing in millions of Americans,  and going after Liberal Institutions such as the NFL is just a continuation of that.   What Trump does is secondary.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 07:59:28 pm »
It really doesn't have much to do with Trump,  Trump is just the result of this sentiment which is growing in millions of Americans,  and going after Liberal Institutions such as the NFL is just a continuation of that.   What Trump does is secondary.

@dfwgator
Trump is really really good at reading his audience.  All those years in reality TV