Author Topic: Senate Confirms Trump Nominee to 8th Circuit Court of Appeals  (Read 477 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate Confirms Trump Nominee to 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:38:58 pm »
The Senate confirmed Ralph R. Erickson, President Donald Trump's nominee to the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, according to the Washington Examiner.

The vote was 95-1 with one "no" Thursday from Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., the Examiner reported.

Read morea at: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/senate-circuit-court-appeals-ralph-erickson/2017/09/28/id/816465/
The Republic is lost.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Senate Confirms Trump Nominee to 8th Circuit Court of Appeals
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:48:29 pm »
Winning!
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:58:47 pm »
Looks like another solid appointment!   Lets see what a local has to say.  @Smokin Joe
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 01:53:39 am »
Only took 3 months to get this through the Senate which almost unanimously approved him.

This is a travesty taking so long.  Its not like he is controversial.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 02:24:33 am »
Looks like another solid appointment!   Lets see what a local has to say.  @Smokin Joe
I dunno. Affirmed that the jury does NOT have the right to ignore the law. https://www.ndcourts.gov/court/opinions/20010209.htm

IMHO, Jury nullification is the last defense against unjust law.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:25:06 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 02:26:38 am »
I dunno. Affirmed that the jury does NOT have the right to ignore the law. https://www.ndcourts.gov/court/opinions/20010209.htm

IMHO, Jury nullification is the last defense against unjust law.
No juror canbe compelled to say why he voted as he did!  Just sayin.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 02:32:16 am »
Only took 3 months to get this through the Senate which almost unanimously approved him. This is a travesty taking so long.  Its not like he is controversial.

I'm having flashbacks to the republicans publicly having conversations about how the president "deserves to have his (leftist) nominees approved" because he won.  I'm not seeing that from the dems.