Author Topic: Republican senators urge EPA to swiftly repeal and replace Obama-era water rule  (Read 693 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Republican senators chimed in Wednesday on the Environmental Protection Agency's proposal to formally withdraw the Obama administration's Waters of the U.S. rule that expanded its federal clean water jurisdiction to include everything from drainage ditches to rivers.

The GOP letter was sent to EPA chief Scott Pruitt on the last day to submit public comment on the Trump administration's proposal to scale back the rule, which President Trump ordered under one of his first executive orders as commander in chief.

"The courts have been clear that a federal agency may not exceed the statutory authority granted to it by Congress," the senators wrote, adding that Congress never granted EPA the authority to regulate in many of the areas covered under the 2015 WOTUS rule.

Read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republican-senators-urge-epa-to-swiftly-repeal-and-replace-obama-era-water-rule/article/2635889
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Get the hell back to work on repealing Obamacare.

Offline libertybele

Get the hell back to work on repealing Obamacare.

Repealing Bammycare is dead in the water and the latest is Trump is going to issue an e.o. on healthcare.  Things are a mess right now for sure.  Healthcare and taxes are the focus right now.  Changes are coming and in the interim many of us are stuck in limbo unfortunately.  It is difficult to plan right now with so many uncertainties.  One thing is for sure, and I know you're not going to agree with me on this, but Trump is not going to do anything that will negatively affect his wallet. Whether or not that benefits you, or I, remains to be seen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Republican senators chimed in Wednesday on the Environmental Protection Agency's proposal to formally withdraw the Obama administration's Waters of the U.S. rule that expanded its federal clean water jurisdiction to include everything from drainage ditches to rivers.

The GOP letter was sent to EPA chief Scott Pruitt on the last day to submit public comment on the Trump administration's proposal to scale back the rule, which President Trump ordered under one of his first executive orders as commander in chief.

"The courts have been clear that a federal agency may not exceed the statutory authority granted to it by Congress," the senators wrote, adding that Congress never granted EPA the authority to regulate in many of the areas covered under the 2015 WOTUS rule.

Read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/republican-senators-urge-epa-to-swiftly-repeal-and-replace-obama-era-water-rule/article/2635889

Most of my 30 year career was dealing with the EPA.  They are the closest thing to Gestapho in this country.  They need to be gutted ASAP.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

Most of my 30 year career was dealing with the EPA.  They are the closest thing to Gestapho in this country.  They need to be gutted ASAP.

I work with them on a daily basis.  I've never seen such a staggering array, though I wouldn't call it a spectrum because it's not continuous, of excellent to horrific.

There are some of the brightest people I've ever met, helpful, trying to accomplish things within the law, and then there are the ghouls, looking to hurt others by any means they can.

Unfortunately,  downsizing efforts tend to prune away the former, leaving the bitter ones.

But there's definitely good, needed work done by EPA.  I just wish they'd stick to thst.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@catfish1957

In my work I had to deal with both the EPA and OSHA. Your remarks apply equally well to both as they are filled with ideologues who generally don't know much of anything about anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Republican senators urge EPA to swiftly repeal and replace Obama-era water rule

Not happening because of this:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,283268.msg1465597.html#msg1465597

THIS is a much larger problem than most realize and it didn't start with Obama!  This has been going on since at least the 1920s and the results is that the Deep State is filled with out right Communists and subversives of every kind!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien