Author Topic: Baltimore Ravens: Extra security placed near Ray Lewis statue after petition urges its removal  (Read 585 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Extra security placed near Ray Lewis statue after petition urges its removal
Jeff Barker

Extra security has been added near the statue of retired Ravens star Ray Lewis at M&T Bank Stadium after he joined current players Sunday in kneeling during the national anthem, provoking calls to remove the likeness.

As of mid-afternoon Wednesday, more than 36,000 people had signed an online petition on change.org that advocates for the removal of the Lewis statue “because of his refusal to stand during the National Anthem.

Continued: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ray-lewis-statue-20170927-story.html

He's a bum in my book now; there was also another story that came out that a lot of the players kneeling have arrest records.

It all goes both ways, I know a Nigerian who got busted for DWI late one Saturday night but I've been pulled over plenty of times too; now, I never drive if I have had any kind of alcohol but I try to be understanding of the whole scenario.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:15:02 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Can one imagine the nasty emails and telephone calls the NFL teams are getting? I"m sure they are getting an earful.

Give your opinion, no threatening language. Keep it proper.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:34:13 am by TomSea »

Offline Mom MD

Can one imagine the nasty emails and telephone calls the NFL teams are getting? I"m sure they are getting an earful.

Give your opinion, no threatening language. Keep it proper.

Not enough of one yet.  The entire league needs to apologize to its fans and stand respectfully for the anthem every time or they have not gotten the message yet.
God is still in control

Offline skeeter

Only approved icons are subject to vandalization.

Offline dfwgator

Not enough of one yet.  The entire league needs to apologize to its fans and stand respectfully for the anthem every time or they have not gotten the message yet.

Too late now,  the masks have already come off.