Author Topic: Could North Korea Launch a 'Pearl Harbor' Attack on Hawaii?  (Read 1629 times)

Online DB

Re: Could North Korea Launch a 'Pearl Harbor' Attack on Hawaii?
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 10:20:42 am »
I meant to say wipe out. Thanks for correcting. But I did some checking they do EMP proof thumbdrives

You were right, a high energy EMP pulse would likely destroy the card. My only point was even without EMP the radiation burst by itself from a nuclear detonation can badly corrupt typical flash memory.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2017, 11:03:35 am »
And descent would be pretty tough to hit, considering how fast the target would be.

@Cyber Liberty

As I understand it the real issue is having the anti missile assets in the right place.  It's very expensive to have assets on alert 24x7 in every possible location.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

rangerrebew

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 03:31:58 pm »
Any such missile from NK would have to go into low earth orbit at the very least.   Probably the only time they could stop it would be on the launch or on the descent.

IF it got that far, NK would have already ceased to exist.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2017, 03:38:16 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

As I understand it the real issue is having the anti missile assets in the right place.  It's very expensive to have assets on alert 24x7 in every possible location.

Makes a lot of sense.  The locations from which an attack can be launched are a relative few, while the possible targets are very many.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: