Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick's big lie  (Read 610 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Colin Kaepernick's big lie
« on: September 27, 2017, 02:21:07 pm »
SOURCE: FOX NEWS

AUTHOR: Dinsesh D' Souza

URL: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/09/25/dinesh-dsousza-colin-kaepernicks-big-lie.html

President Trump seems to have stirred up a hornet’s nest of opposition with his call for athletes who don’t respect the national anthem to be fired.  Many NFL owners and players who were previously indifferent seem to have rallied to the Colin Kaepernick cause.

Kaepernick, of course, considers his protest to be a cry against slavery and racial oppression, for which he holds America to be the guilty party.  Kaepernick’s allies seem to be standing—or rather kneeling—for the right to protest, in opposition not necessarily to America but certainly to President Trump.

So was Trump’s call to action a mistake?  Trump seems to have acted instinctively, and yet here I propose to show his instincts are right on.  Without drawing on either ideology or history, Trump senses that the Left and the Democrats are pushing a big lie. And he’s right.

Mod note:  Please excerpt your articles.  Here's a reminder:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,283034.0.html
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:33:41 pm by Mod1 »

Offline bolobaby

Re: Colin Kaepernick's big lie
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:50:02 pm »
Here's the biggest lie:

When the Confederate States seceded, they rejected the institutions of the United States (or the Union), which *included* The Star Spangled Banner. The Star Spangled Banner was the national anthem of the COUNTRY that went to war with the Confederate States, giving up 2% of their population as war dead, and another 2% who suffered wounds, including loss of limb and/or eyesight.

This country - The United States, whose anthem was The Star Spangled Banner - WON that war and, in the process, proclaimed an end to slavery.

Colin Kaeperdick is protesting the anthem of a country that went to war and ended slavery.

Idiot.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 03:45:47 pm »
Here's the biggest lie:

When the Confederate States seceded, they rejected the institutions of the United States (or the Union), which *included* The Star Spangled Banner. The Star Spangled Banner was the national anthem of the COUNTRY that went to war with the Confederate States, giving up 2% of their population as war dead, and another 2% who suffered wounds, including loss of limb and/or eyesight.

This country - The United States, whose anthem was The Star Spangled Banner - WON that war and, in the process, proclaimed an end to slavery.

Colin Kaeperdick is protesting the anthem of a country that went to war and ended slavery.

Idiot.

Not to put too fine a point on it, during the Civil War, I believe "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" became more popular in the North than "The Star Spangled Banner."   And  neither was regarded as a National Anthem.  We didn't even have a National Anthem until 1931. 

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 03:59:01 pm »
Not to put too fine a point on it, during the Civil War, I believe "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" became more popular in the North than "The Star Spangled Banner."   And  neither was regarded as a National Anthem.  We didn't even have a National Anthem until 1931. 

Regardless, the Star Spangled Banner was adopted as National Anthem by the country that won that war. And he's still an idiot.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline the_doc

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 04:11:57 pm »
Regardless, the Star Spangled Banner was adopted as National Anthem by the country that won that war. And he's still an idiot.

I fully agree.  I just wanted to clear up a point of possible confusion--because the Left would try to use the details of our National Anthem's much more recent adoption to undermine your argument.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 05:05:19 pm »

Love  Dinsesh D' Souza a lot and he makes excellent points in the article.

The Star Spangled Banner is a perfect national anthem.  It has majesty, it's not a pop tune, easy to sing. 

The only problem I have with the article is that he applauds Trump's participation.

I'm still not on board with that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 05:10:12 pm »
Love  Dinsesh D' Souza a lot and he makes excellent points in the article.

The Star Spangled Banner is a perfect national anthem.  It has majesty, it's not a pop tune, easy to sing. 

The only problem I have with the article is that he applauds Trump's participation.

I'm still not on board with that.

Why not?  Should he not use the bully pulpit for causes he feels important?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 08:07:45 pm »
Why not?  Should he not use the bully pulpit for causes he feels important?

Because his continual tweets about this have only prolonged the practice and given justification for the actions.

They are basically protesting Trump now and the things Trump has said and tweeted.

Football is America's game but it's a game and not worthy of that much attention from the President who should have more important things to worry about.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 08:38:35 pm »
Because his continual tweets about this have only prolonged the practice and given justification for the actions.

They are basically protesting Trump now and the things Trump has said and tweeted.

Football is America's game but it's a game and not worthy of that much attention from the President who should have more important things to worry about.

So even if that is true (I don't think it is)  he should just shut up according to you?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien