Author Topic: Packers Players Ask Fans Attending Thursday’s Game to Lock Arms During National Anthem  (Read 741 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BY: David Rutz   
September 26, 2017 11:01 pm

The Green Bay Packers released a statement Tuesday asking fans attending their upcoming home game against the Chicago Bears to lock arms during the national anthem as a sign of unity.

"This Thursday during the national anthem at Lambeau Field, Packers players, coaches and staff will join together with arms intertwined—connected like the threads on your favorite jersey," the statement said. "When we take this action, what you will see will be so much more than just a bunch of football players locking arms.

"The image you will see on September 28th will be one of unity. It will represent a coming together of players who want the same things that all of us do—freedom, equality, tolerance, understanding, and justice for those who have been unjustly treated, discriminated against or otherwise treated unfairly."

The statement went on to say, "Let’s work together to build a society that is more fair and just."

more
http://freebeacon.com/culture/packers-players-ask-fans-attending-thursdays-game-to-lock-arms-during-national-anthem/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

They're just gonna keep trying.

debrawiest

Not sure the Cheeseheads are gonna go for this.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Do what you must, but to drag the fans into it is a bridge too far, especially when your fans have the longest commute of any NFL team.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

Do what you must, but to drag the fans into it is a bridge too far, especially when your fans have the longest commute of any NFL team.

An extremely childish attempt to manipulate their customers. I hope the fans react appropriately.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not sure the Cheeseheads are gonna go for this.

I don't want to speak for the Packer fan base, but I'd wager they are going to hear more boo's than see locked arms.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'll bet the majority do not do this but others will; I say it might be 65% don't, 35% do. General range.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Nobody posted it but I believe the Patriots have come out and they will be standing they said. I"ll find it, that "lock arms" doesn't impress me that much but it would be better than the alternative.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I've been a life-long Packers fan. I've watched their games through good times and bad times. I watched every game that I could, even through the crap years of the 70s and 80s. But I won't be watching Thursday night.

If they keep it up, I may never watch them again.
Let it burn.