Author Topic: Roy Moore defeats Luther Strange in Alabama in huge blow to Republicans in Washington  (Read 340 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Roy Moore defeats Luther Strange in Alabama in huge blow to Republicans in Washington
by David M. Drucker | Sep 26, 2017, 9:29 PM

HOMEWOOD, Ala. — Roy Moore defeated Sen. Luther Strange on Tuesday in a closely watched special election for an Alabama Senate seat, as frustrated Republican voters rebuked their party's leadership in Congress for failing to repeal Obamacare and deliver marquee promises.

Moore, the former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, removed twice for ignoring federal court orders, won despite President Trump's endorsement of Strange. Angry Republicans in this low-turnout election sided with the candidate they perceived as the political outsider, versus the appointed incumbent who was defined by Washington and the support he received from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

Moore led 56 percent to 44 percent with 74 percent of precincts reporting when the GOP runoff was called, winning all but a few counties in what amounted to an electoral wipeout. Strange, in a gracious concession speech, took full responsibility. He thanked Trump for taking a risk by endorsing him and urged Republicans to unify behind Moore in the December general election, although he stopped short of an official endorsement.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/roy-moore-defeats-luther-strange-in-alabama-in-huge-blow-to-republicans-in-washington/article/2635743
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien