Author Topic: Steelers QB Roethlisberger ‘Was Unable to Sleep’ After Team Protested Anthem by Hiding in Tunnel  (Read 547 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Steelers QB Roethlisberger ‘Was Unable to Sleep’ After Team Protested Anthem by Hiding in Tunnel

By CNSNews.com Staff | September 25, 2017 | 5:46 PM EDT

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger joined all but one of his teammates in protesting the national anthem yesterday by staying in the tunnel leading to the field—at Chicago’s Soldier Field--until after the anthem was played.

Today, he admitted in a written statement that he “was unable to sleep last night” because of the protest he had participated in.

The one member of the Steelers team who did not hide in the tunnel during the national anthem was offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva, who, as reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, served three tours in Afhganistan as an Army Ranger—and one a Bronze Star for Valor.

Villanueva came out of the tunnel and stood in full view of the fans for the anthem—and put his hand over his heart..................

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnewscom-staff/steelers-qb-roethlisberger-was-unable-sleep-after-team-protested-anthem-hiding

Why don’t we stand in solidarity with our country?  I am glad he came out and said this but this team and the NFL as a whole should be ashamed of themselves.  They have succeeded in dividing the country even farther.  People who enjoy football can no longer stomach the stupidity.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

First World Problems.

Silver Pines

Well, then, maybe that grown man should have have the guts to not hide in the tunnel.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Well, then, maybe that grown man should have have the guts to not hide in the tunnel.

The coach told them to stay in the tunnel.   For at least one team they didn't even know the anthem was playing as the coach kept them in the locker room until after the anthem.   I don't recall which team that was.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

The coach told them to stay in the tunnel.   For at least one team they didn't even know the anthem was playing as the coach kept them in the locker room until after the anthem.   I don't recall which team that was.

@driftdiver

Villanueva found his way out.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

Villanueva found his way out.

Sure he did.    I have a lot more respect for someone like Roethlisberger who admits to making a mistake then I do for someone who can do nothing but criticize.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

Sure he did.    I have a lot more respect for someone like Roethlisberger who admits to making a mistake then I do for someone who can do nothing but criticize.
l

@driftdiver

I respect the man who went against the herd to do the right thing.  You can bet Roethlisberger knew what that was, too.  It didn't just dawn on him later that night.

Still offering posting instructions, I see.    ^-^

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He seemed to sleep fine after being accused of sexual assault more than once.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024