Author Topic: NFL TV Ratings Improve Overall in Week 3 After Boost from Monday Night Football  (Read 1312 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Interesting. NFL's ratings are going up, not down. I guess the old adage goes: It doesn't matter what they say about, just they are talking about you.

Among his other tweets over the last 48 hours, Trump said the ratings for NFL football were “way down except before game starts, when people tune in to see whether or not our country will be disrespected!”....

....The final viewership numbers based on projections from Fox Sports vice president of research Mike Mulvihill are that the NFL games from Sunday and Monday were up 3% in aggregate over Week 3 in 2016. NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy also confirmed those numbers.

On Tuesday afternoon, CBS said its NFL coverage on Sunday drew 17.9 million viewers, up 2% from a year ago......

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/09/26/nfl-ratings-increase-donald-trump-comments-monday-night-football

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Related:

Boycott? Monday Night Football posts best ratings of the season to date

How to square this with the emerging “boycott is happening” narrative from Sunday’s NBC and Fox ratings? It’s possible that a bunch of casual fans who normally don’t watch tuned in last night to see if there’d be a pre-game protest, artificially inflating the ratings. But if that were true, Sunday’s ratings should have been up too....

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/09/26/boycott-monday-night-football-posts-best-ratings-season-date/

RAT Patrol

Interesting.  I really don't care about them.  I wish they could all lose.  The only change I've made is that I've decided not to buy that KC Chiefs throw for my brother.  My money won't be spent to enrich them.

Offline dfwgator

Of course they improved, it was the friggin' Cowboys.

Offline Leto

The ratings aren't all that great. There is an element of spin here. The Cowboys are a big draw, there is also a curiosity factor to see what happens with the protests.

We will see where the ratings go over the course of the year.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-nbc-cbs-fox-espn-nfln-regular-season-playoffs/
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's publicity for Trump too... that can't be ignored, the president looked into this.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Polls :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Of course they improved, it was the friggin' Cowboys.

and who could ever forget the MNF in 1970 between the Cardinals and Cowboys that saw the Cardinals blank Dallas 38-0 at the Cotton Bowl. It was the day that even the combination of Craig Morton and Roger Staubach could do nothing right.  It also launched the Cowboys to regroup and win 7 in a row and went all the way to a field goal to winning the Super Bowl.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

Drudge Report has up that NFL ratings are -11. So, that means for the year, not the week. Still, that must represent something.  Article below:

https://apnews.com/bf595941ba9640e9ab32e474459f529c/Nielsen:-Football-ratings-off-11-percent-this-year

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year
By DAVID BAUDER
1 hour ago
https://apnews.com/bf595941ba9640e9ab32e474459f529c Link copied!

NEW YORK (AP) — Through three weeks, viewership for national telecasts of NFL games is down 11 percent this season compared to 2016, the Nielsen company said on Tuesday.

Nielsen said the games averaged 17.63 million viewers for the first three weeks of last season, and have dipped to 15.65 million this year. The Nielsen figures don’t include many of the Sunday afternoon games that are shown to a regional audience, but not a national one.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The most hyped game of the year, with people watching to see just how the baby gets split.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

The most hyped game of the year, with people watching to see just how the baby gets split.

One thing's for sure: Jerry Jones attempt to play Solomon was a major fail, IMO.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
One thing's for sure: Jerry Jones attempt to play Solomon was a major fail, IMO.

I think it was, while others posting think it was the greatest compromise since the Constitution.   :shrug:

I say, "How many Dallas Cowboys stood at attention with their hand over their hearts during the Anthem?"  First they said "Screw the Police" by taking a knee (without a prayer), then said "Screw the flag" by standing with their arms locked.  Some compromise.  Somehow saying "Screw you" twice as a team makes it all better.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I think it was, while others posting think it was the greatest compromise since the Constitution.   :shrug:

I say, "How many Dallas Cowboys stood at attention with their hand over their hearts during the Anthem?"  First they said "Screw the Police" by taking a knee (without a prayer), then said "Screw the flag" by standing with their arms locked.  Some compromise.  Somehow saying "Screw you" twice as a team makes it all better.

I suffered NFL withdrawal symptoms for a few hours over the weekend but I'm all better now!  The can ALL go to hell and they can take the NBA with them as far as I'm concerned!

And furthermore I'm sick to death of my tax money subsidizing the worthless bastards!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Not One More Dime: NFL Stadiums Have Collected Over $1.1 Billion in Federal Subsidies – Time to Cut Them Off

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/enough-enough-nfl-stadiums-collected-1-1-billion-federal-subsidies-time-cut-off/

To which I say  :amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

I suffered NFL withdrawal symptoms for a few hours over the weekend but I'm all better now!  The can ALL go to hell and they can take the NBA with them as far as I'm concerned!

And furthermore I'm sick to death of my tax money subsidizing the worthless bastards!
Switch over the College Football, and you will find more entertainment with the fan base, true excitement of the players, and even announcers who do football rather than politics.

When players act up, they get banned, not feted.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

Switch over the College Football, and you will find more entertainment with the fan base, true excitement of the players, and even announcers who do football rather than politics.

We'll see,   I'm expecting some shenanigans this weekend in College Football.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Actually did that years ago!  I had far rather watch some kids playing for the love of the game than a bunch of overpaid slugs putting on a show for money.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

Not all teams but some teams I've watched have over celebrated at times; and I find that as hot-dogging... but a lot of it is okay, one evening I went to watch a high school volleyball game, that place was jammed.

We'll see,   I'm expecting some shenanigans this weekend in College Football.
Maybe, but college fans are even more disdaining than NFL fans of unpatriotic gestures.

Difference is college fans come from smaller towns, not the urban places like NFL.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:22:21 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »