Author Topic: Revealed: The U.S. Military's Super-Secret Deep-Sea Spy Operations  (Read 243 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Revealed: The U.S. Military's Super-Secret Deep-Sea Spy Operations
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »
by Steve Weintz

The invention of syntactic foam, a buoyant material made of tiny air-filled glass beads embedded in plastic, spelled the end of the bathyscaphe and its dangerous, fragile gasoline balloon. Trieste II entered retirement as a museum display at the Naval Undersea Museum. The last remaining KH-9 satellite, an engineering prototype, was to have become a centerpiece of the National Air and Space Museum's new exhibit space, but don't hold your breath waiting to see it anytime soon.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/paul-pillar/revealed-the-us-militarys-super-secret-deep-sea-spy-22473
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Revealed: The U.S. Military's Super-Secret Deep-Sea Spy Operations
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »

KH-9 spy satellite
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome