Author Topic: Steelers Alejandro Villanueva: ‘I Threw My Teammates Under The Bus Unintentionally’  (Read 6109 times)

Offline mountaineer

I saw a photo of the other Steelers in the tunnel behind Villanueva. Some were just standing there, including great supporter of the police Ben Roethlisberger, but #56  (Anthony Chickillo?) had his hand over his heart.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

Well, that's certainly your privilege.  But Villanueva is a grown man and I hold him responsible.  He isn't a puppet.

Neither are any other Steelers who wanted to be out there with him.  They're adults, and they're men.  If Kaepernick  (sp?) could find the guts to wear pig socks and to start this thing, and if all those others could kneel during the anthem, then players who disagree can damn well stop being sheep and do what they know is right.

Normally, an entire workforce will abide by an order from "On High".

You're 'virtue-signaling', my FRiend.  Until it's your paycheck and career/resume, ...comes to mind.   ^-^

@CatherineofAragon
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

I saw a photo of the other Steelers in the tunnel behind Villanueva. Some were just standing there, including great supporter of the police Ben Roethlisberger, but #56  (Anthony Chickillo?) had his hand over his heart.

A player who readies himself for the game wants to get on the field.   Some think the LAST thing they want or need is to have that SJW crap between your ears. 

Thus, they still abide by the coach's order, so long as they inside the tunnel....as far from the locker room as they can get.

(Of course, I made that up....WTH do I know, but it's plausible.)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:22:44 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

I saw a photo of Roethlisberger and someone I didn't know.   Maybe it was the same photo.

Whatever.  I still don't buy the official story or the different explanations and excuses.  It was a political stunt, and the team should not be surprised if some fans won't be coming back.

Offline mountaineer

Head coach Mike Tomlin: "We just decided that we were gonna sit it out. We weren't gonna play politics."

Steelers president Art Rooney:  “The intentions of Steelers players were to stay out of the business of making political statements by not taking the field. Unfortunately, that was interpreted as a boycott of the anthem – which was never our players’ intention.  There was never any desire on the part of our players to show disrespect for our service members”

Well, Art, but not taking the field during the anthem, you kinda did boycott it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

Head coach Mike Tomlin: "We just decided that we were gonna sit it out. We weren't gonna play politics."

Steelers president Art Rooney:  “The intentions of Steelers players were to stay out of the business of making political statements by not taking the field. Unfortunately, that was interpreted as a boycott of the anthem – which was never our players’ intention.  There was never any desire on the part of our players to show disrespect for our service members”

Well, Art, but not taking the field during the anthem, you kinda did boycott it.

...and thus made it "political", too!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:37:16 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

You're 'virtue-signaling', my FRiend.  Until it's your paycheck and career/resume, ...comes to mind.   ^-^

Take your Cultural Marxism and shove it up your A$$!  "Virtue Signaling"   ****slapping
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Take your Cultural Marxism and shove it up your A$$!  "Virtue Signaling"   ****slapping

Come on, man.

I give her the reason that Villanueva, and later, Roethersberger walked back their original impulsive [truthful] statements.

And a smart man like you knows it's true.

For her to suggest they were weak-willed characters [who put their families' livelihoods in perspective] because of the SJW issue de jour.....is the epitome of Virtue Signaling.

See how that works?

:seeya:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Come on, man.

I give her the reason that Villanueva, and later, Roethersberger walked back their original impulsive [truthful] statements.

For her to suggest they were weak-willed characters [who put their families' livelihoods in perspective] because of the SJW issue de jour.....is the epitome of Virtue Signaling.

See how that works?

Yeah! I see EXACTLY how it works and I flatly reject it!   :seeya:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

Yeah! I see EXACTLY how it works and I flatly reject it!   :seeya:

The entire argument?   :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The entire argument?   :shrug:

When YOU resort to PC (Cultural Marxism) to make an argument the argument is already lost!  "Virtue Signaling" is as PC a term as they make them!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

When YOU resort to PC (Cultural Marxism) to make an argument the argument is already lost!  "Virtue Signaling" is as PC a term as they make them!

I thought it applied to people who make statements as if they were looking from a pedestal on high, with rose petals at their feet...to people who are just living in the REAL WORLD.

If I'm wrong, I apologize profusely.

But if I'm right,     *look*

Offline aligncare

The specific NFL rule pertaining to the National Anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states: “The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. ... “During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition... ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.” Time to fire the disrespectful players!!! FIRE THAT DISRESPECTFUL ARROGANT CE-No and all the thugs who do the disrespectful acts......BOYCOTT the NFL & NBA and all the sponsors do not buy a damn thing !

These rules have been floated all over the Internet. I believe that it’s been proven fake. No such rules exist.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I thought it applied to people who make statements as if they were looking from a pedestal on high, with rose petals at their feet...to people who are just living in the REAL WORLD.

If I'm wrong, I apologize profusely.

But if I'm right,     *look*

Only in the4 dark recesses of your twisted mind.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I heard on the radio today some people have taken to calling them the Pittsburgh Kneelers. LOL.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
These rules have been floated all over the Internet. I believe that it’s been proven fake. No such rules exist.

Nope, Snopes came back (reluctantly) with a correction.  The rules do exist.

It’s important to know that NFL football games are governed by multiple codes of conduct. One is the NFL rulebook; another is the NFL game operations manual. The rulebook is concerned with in-game actions by players and coaches (like scoring, penalties, challenges and so on), whereas the game-operations manual dictates how NFL games should be run in the bigger-picture organizational sense.

“The league’s Game Operations Department uses the manual to govern the conduct of home clubs, to ensure they protect players and provide the conditions for a fair and fan-friendly contest,” reads the NFL’s website. “Clubs face warnings and other penalties for noncompliance.”

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here’s what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

‘The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

‘During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.’
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:30:42 pm by Sanguine »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I heard on the radio today some people have taken to calling them the Pittsburgh Kneelers. LOL.

Someone posted the new logo to FB too.  The three diamonds in the logo have been replaced by snowflakes of the same color.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

@DCPatriot

Nah, I'm just expecting any player who wants to stand during the anthem to do it, just as the true virtue-signalers did their thing. 

Silver Pines

Come on, man.

See how that works?

@DCPatriot

Her is standing behind you listening to every word.

Offline DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

Her is standing behind you listening to every word.

:tongue2: 

And I was 'whispering', too!   

Silver Pines

:tongue2: 

And I was 'whispering', too!   

Lol 

Offline Suppressed

He wrote and filed a piece yesterday called, “Why Trump Is President,” ...

The piece was from a few days ago, and in case people are wanting to find it, it's here: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/451667/trump-nfl-protest-comments-example-why-hes-president
(Note, the actual title is, "Why Donald Trump Is President".)

Lowry points out that Trump is just a bunch of hot air...

Of course, NFL owners firing players on the spot for protesting isn’t necessarily common sense, but this is where “seriously, not literally” comes in. Since everyone knows that owners aren’t going to do this, Trump’s statement registers for his supporters merely as forceful opposition to the protests, not as a specific plan of action.

But that doesn't matter to his supporters. 

Sounds on target to me!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn