Author Topic: Jackson Lee Kneels During Congressional Speech 'in Honor of the First Amendment'  (Read 701 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jackson Lee Kneels During Congressional Speech 'in Honor of the First Amendment'
PJ Media, Sep 25, 2017, Bridget Johnson

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) took a knee on the floor of the House tonight during a special order by the Congressional Black Caucus focused on rooting out racism and defending the First Amendment.

"Someone had the lack of judgment to provoke the situation and call their mothers a name," Jackson Lee said of President Trump using "son of a bitch" last week to refer to NFL players who knelt during the National Anthem in protest of racial injustice.

"I refuse to accept that as a standard of leadership for the highest office in the world -- and even if you never understand it... if you think you're playing to your base, if you're not the unifier, we will continue to stand in the gap and racism is going to be under our foot," she said. "And you know where else it's going to be? It's going to be under our knee. Because we in the Congressional Black Caucus have always stood for what is right... there is no basis in the First Amendment that says you cannot kneel on the National Anthem or in front of the flag."

<snip>

CBC Chairman Cedric Richmond (D-La.) in a statement earlier today faulted NFL owners who issued statements in support of their players' right to free speech without acknowledging why they protested. "While a few of these statements mentioned ‘social injustice,’ ‘racial divides,’ and ‘societal issues,’ none of them explicitly mentioned the reason why Mr. Kaepernick and many others (professional athletes, celebrities, elected officials, and citizens) are taking a knee during the National Anthem," he said.

“They are taking a knee to protest police officers who kill unarmed African Americans – men and women, adults and children, parents and grandparents – with impunity. They are taking a knee to protest a justice system that says that being Black is enough reason for a police officer to fear for his or her life," Richmond said. “Those words were missing from the statements I read despite the fact that 70 percent of NFL players are Black and many of them, as well as their family and friends, have experienced racial profiling by police that leaves too many unarmed African Americans injured or dead."

More:  https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/09/25/jackson-lee-kneels-congressional-speech-honor-first-amendment/

Online mountaineer

They are taking a knee to protest police officers who kill unarmed African Americans
No knees, though, for the hundreds of unarmed African American residents of Chicago who have been slaughtered by, well, other African Americans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Somebody please start putting tacks on the floor, so people will knock this crap off?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Mom MD

I'm surprisedn the fat old toad could get back up.  Must have taken an act of Congress.... 
God is still in control

Online mountaineer

I'm surprisedn the fat old toad could get back up.  Must have taken an act of Congress....
and a crane ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Sheila JACKson Lee will do or say anything for a little attention. She also needs to change her racist name/s.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sheila is a carpet baggin b*%ch  from Queens, NYC!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:43:07 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
She's a shaved gorilla.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
So long as America ties her to the Democrat Party, I am all for.  I hope the whole damned party takes a knee.  Please.  After all, BLM is the Dems' Frankenstein monster, bought and paid for by George Soros to astroturf Trump and the Republicans in 2016.  All it accomplished was agitating anger.  Now the American people are seething.  So keep it up, right through the midterms of 2018.

Let's hope the Dims make the 2018 election about whether we should stand for the national anthem.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:44:32 pm by massadvj »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Good one.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sheila JACKson Lee will do or say anything for a little attention. She also needs to change her racist name/s.

Good Lord ... I just realized that she has a totally racist name.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Mom MD

Good Lord ... I just realized that she has a totally racist name.

That's true!  Throw her out of congress and ban her from appearing on TV before she triggers the snowflakes.  Herself included
God is still in control

Offline DiogenesLamp

Jackson Lee Kneels During Congressional Speech 'in Honor of the First Amendment'

She is an idiot,  and she ought to have become an embarrassment to her constituency. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —