Author Topic: Air Force Manned Orbiting Laboratory (MOL) Astronauts Would Have Conducted Surveillance and Scientific Research  (Read 259 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

BY ROBERT F. DORR   

The Manned Orbiting Laboratory (MOL) was the U.S. Air Force’s most ambitious spaceflight program in the mid- to late- 1960s. It came along when the United States was just finding its way in a perceived space race with the Soviet Union, and offered the prospect of a military presence in orbit and a new surveillance capability.
Following on the heels of a project called Dyna Soar that many believe should not have been cancelled, MOL was an effort to enable up to four Air Force crewmembers to operate in orbit for extended periods in a shirtsleeve environment. Sold publicly as a scientific research project, it was secretly expected to open up new reconnaissance capabilities to enable Americans to look down at Soviet military activity.

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/what-might-have-been-manned-orbiting-laboratory-mol/
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome