Author Topic: North Korea's Ultimate Weapon Isn't Nuclear Weapons (Think 'Big Guns')  (Read 452 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

by Kyle Mizokami

A 2011 study by the Nautilus Institute throws a considerable amount of cold water on this scenario. While the sheer number of artillery tubes could theoretically kill a large number of civilians, operational issues complicate matters and push the number of civilian casualties greatly downward. Despite the thousands of artillery pieces, only 700 heavier guns and rocket launchers, plus the newer 300-millimeter MRLs, have the range to strike Seoul. Only a third would normally be fired at once, and notional rates of fire would be slowed tremendously by the need to withdraw guns into their hardened artillery sites (HARTS) to shelter them from counter battery fire

more

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/north-koreas-ultimate-weapon-isnt-nuclear-weapons-think-big-22460
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: North Korea's Ultimate Weapon Isn't Nuclear Weapons (Think 'Big Guns')
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 06:46:21 pm »
Excerpt from Article:
 The North Korean People’s Army Artillery Command is responsible for 12,000 pieces of tube artillery and 2,300 pieces of multiple launch rocket artillery over 107-millimeters. The majority of tube artillery are 122-, 130-, 152- and 170-millimeter units, and on the rocket side the majority are 240-millimeter units.

"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 07:12:36 pm »
Other articles say they can fire 500,000 rounds in the first hour.  Most of their artillery would require rocket boost to reach Seoul and they dont have enough of those for those 500k to all hit Seoul

Still the loss of life would be substantial.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 12:28:30 am »
Other articles say they can fire 500,000 rounds in the first hour.  Most of their artillery would require rocket boost to reach Seoul and they dont have enough of those for those 500k to all hit Seoul

Still the loss of life would be substantial.

This is another article I published

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/could-north-korea-annihilate-seoul-its-artillery-20345

But the loss of life will still be great. Especially if they use every thinh in their arsenal.