Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15249 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #200 on: September 27, 2017, 02:50:07 am »
Until Trump's rash comments, the NFL was left with only a few numbskulls sitting, with the whole thing begining to fade from sports news. Trump poured gas on dieing embers and set a hellfire blaze, affecting the whole NFL even those who have always stood. Because of him they all are rallying around the sitters.

Football is the only sport I enjoy watching. We plan our Sunday afternoons around it, including what food we will eat. I dont want anyone destroying what I hold dear. Not the players, not the league, and not the White House.  Give me my Football back without the silly politics.

It's too late, the game has been corrupted by politics. The politicization of every aspect of life in the United States is just beginning.

Offline bilo

« Reply #201 on: September 27, 2017, 02:55:43 am »
Until Trump's rash comments, the NFL was left with only a few numbskulls sitting, with the whole thing begining to fade from sports news. Trump poured gas on dieing embers and set a hellfire blaze, affecting the whole NFL even those who have always stood. Because of him they all are rallying around the sitters.

Football is the only sport I enjoy watching. We plan our Sunday afternoons around it, including what food we will eat. I dont want anyone destroying what I hold dear. Not the players, not the league, and not the White House. Give me my Football back without the silly politics.

I agree except for the comment about the White House. Pres. Trump only pointed out the disrespect for the flag and what it stands for. The NFL could have come out and required all the players and coaches to abide by their existing rules which call for all employees to stand with their helmets in their left hand and right hand on their heart. Instead the NFL employers decided the better thing to do was to show even more disrespect to our flag and all those who sacrificed so much defending it.

I was a lifelong football fan. It's going to be a hard pattern to break, but I will fill my time with something else. I'm done with them. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2017, 02:56:34 am »

I was a lifelong football fan. It's going to be a hard pattern to break, but I will fill my time with something else. I'm done with them.

It's easier than you think.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2017, 02:57:34 am »

Yes, turns out it is.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2017, 02:59:34 am »
All of the above is so obviously true.  He made a dying, minor situation so much worse.  He's inflamed it which, I believe, was intention.  Why he and his supporters can't see it's not the country's best interest to inflame this or in his best to do this is beyond me.  He's shrinking his 46% not increasing it.  Sad.

He's doing it wrong.  Everyone knows that this isn't the way to win a campaign.   Even someone who knows how to run a campaign is telling him that he's doing it wrong. I just read Hillary Clinton pointing out how this is a big mistake for him. 

Why that D@mned fool just can't do anything right,  and if he wasn't so darned lucky,  he wouldn't win so often!

:)   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline bilo

« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2017, 03:00:18 am »
Diogenes wrote:
"I want him to turn the left into screeching ranting machines that frighten the American voter,  because they need to be frightened of these bastards that control the airwaves,  and now most of the internet.
We need these confrontations,  and we need them now,  before the left can consolidate more power,  we need to get them to expose their nasty violent nature,  and Trump is pushing all the right buttons.  I just wish he would push more of them and harder."

Right on, sir, for an excellent post.
I don't mind politics that are profane, down, and dirty.
That's how you win.

The left has known this for ... forEVER.
That's why they've won so much territory.

It's time to stop worrying about "means" and "ends", and play to win.
And drive them down into the dried mud of history.

And listen to the lamentations of their women!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2017, 03:01:57 am »

Football is the only sport I enjoy watching. We plan our Sunday afternoons around it, including what food we will eat. I dont want anyone destroying what I hold dear. Not the players, not the league, and not the White House.  Give me my Football back without the silly politics.

And who introduced the silly politics into it?  Also who didn't stop it before it got out of hand?   

Maybe people who are in business to provide a product should not deliberately alienate half or more of their customer  base?   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline bilo

« Reply #207 on: September 27, 2017, 03:03:22 am »

I'm sure your right. It's that first step that is tough, but they've already pushed me out the door. I sure as heck am not going to be the "battered wife" who keeps going back for more.

Offline bilo

« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2017, 03:06:03 am »

And who introduced the silly politics into it?  Also who didn't stop it before it got out of hand?   

Maybe people who are in business to provide a product should not deliberately alienate half or more of their customer  base?

I'm thinking they shouldn't need our tax dollars to subsidize their business. They certainly don't need us.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2017, 03:11:26 am »

<snip>

A dignified man cannot combat the monster we face.  Mitt Romney was toast out of the gate,  and he did not even realize it.   "Binders full of women"  was an innocuous comment meant to show something positive about his relationship with women,  but the Media-Weapon turned it into a source of mockery and defamation against him.   

We need an ogre.  Trump isn't mean enough or nasty enough to suit my tastes.  I wish he would go further and really anger the left.  I want them so screaming mad they will over extend themselves,  as he has apparently manage to accomplish with the NFL.   

I want him to turn the left into screeching ranting machines that frighten the American voter,  because they need to be frightened of these bastards that control the airwaves,  and now most of the internet. 

We need these confrontations,  and we need them now,  before the left can consolidate more power,  we need to get them to expose their nasty violent nature,  and Trump is pushing all the right buttons.  I just wish he would push more of them and harder.

My feelings exactly, but you express it brilliantly!

So glad you've jumped back in the pool, @DiogenesLamp !    :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2017, 03:16:13 am »

That's how you win.

:howlin: :howlin: :howlin:

Do you make sauce?      ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2017, 03:16:54 am »
Diogenes wrote:
"I want him to turn the left into screeching ranting machines that frighten the American voter,  because they need to be frightened of these bastards that control the airwaves,  and now most of the internet.
We need these confrontations,  and we need them now,  before the left can consolidate more power,  we need to get them to expose their nasty violent nature,  and Trump is pushing all the right buttons.  I just wish he would push more of them and harder."

That's how you win.

Exactly.  During the time of George HW Bush,  I was constantly furious with him because it seemed that nobody could make the dim bulb aware that his Democrat "buddies"  were not his friend,  and they were trying to stab him in the back every chance they got. 

Well they finally did it,  and that stupid clod never saw it coming. 

As was said of him at the time,  George HW Bush not only didn't know where the battle lines were,  he didn't even realize he was in a war. 

We are in a war.  We should be (metaphorically)  firebombing the concentrated strength of our enemies.   We should be removing tax breaks from the Entertainment industries,  investigating their phony accounting system,   investigating their sexual abuse scandals,  especially those involving Children. 

We should be attacking the Universities gouged up funding systems,  we should be attacking their money piles,  we should be investigating them for suppression of civil rights,  and we should be looking at them for any other possible law breaking that they are engaging in. 

We should abolish the stupid education department that that idiot Jimmy Carter created.   We should be hammering corporate monopolies like Google,  Face book,  Twitter,  the Networks,  and yes,  the NFL. 

We should be hurting them financially in any manner of which we can think. 

Sanctuary cities need a whole lot of Federal misery coming down on them. 

We should be at war with the funding, the voter fraud,  and the propaganda spreading sources of the left,  and we should be trying to hurt them. 

We are in a target rich environment.  All we need are people with the guts to go after the targets.   

And for those of you who want to pipe up about "small government conservatives",   I can think of no better way to convince Big Government Liberals of the folly of their thinking than by showing them exactly why we want to restrict and constrain government power. 

Put them on the receiving end of unpleasant government scrutiny and punishment,  and they will quickly decide that perhaps they like a smaller government after all!
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2017, 03:20:44 am »
And listen to the lamentations of their women!

You mean their effeminate males.   On their side of the spectrum,  many of the women are more manly than their men.  :)
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2017, 03:21:58 am »
I'm thinking they shouldn't need our tax dollars to subsidize their business. They certainly don't need us.

Exactly.  Biting the hand that feeds you should result in getting the back of it.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2017, 03:27:40 am »

I'm betting that a lot of people tuned in to see what the Cowboys were going to do.   Now that they know,  I think you will see a precipitous decline.

Nope.  From the Ft. Worth Star Telegram.

"DALLAS COWBOYS
NFL ratings dip? Um, not for the Dallas Cowboys
BY STEFAN STEVENSON

The Dallas Cowboys continue to be a television ratings bonanza despite the current controversy surrounding the NFL at the moment.

The Cowboys’ Monday Night Football game against the Arizona Cardinals on ESPN was the second-highest MNF telecast over the last two seasons. The only game with more viewers was the Cowboys-Lions game on Dec. 26, 2016, which drew 18.6 million.

Monday’s game averaged 13.8 million viewers, according to Nielsen. That’s a 71 percent increase year-over-year on Week 3. ESPN says that average audience is likely to grow by 8 percent when streaming and out out-of-home audiences are included, using their new Nielsen Total Audience measurement.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2017, 03:32:30 am »
My feelings exactly, but you express it brilliantly!

So glad you've jumped back in the pool, @DiogenesLamp !    :beer:

Well thank you!  I think we all should try for a little Kurt Schlichter style in our commentary.   It's way past time we stopped being unoffensive to these bastards and start matching them elbow for elbow. 

One of the surest ways to prevent a fight is to make sure everyone knows they are going to get one if they F*** with you.   We need to make the left side of the spectrum understand that our days of ignoring and indulging them are over,  and now that they have gotten our attention,  they aren't going to like it. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2017, 03:33:02 am »
Jerry Jones had a plan to combine player unity with respect for the flag and the anthem.  It worked.

Jerry Jones came up with Cowboys’ pre-anthem plan to link arms, take a knee
BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
chill@star-telegram.com
LINKEDIN

SEPTEMBER 26, 2017 4:00 PM

GLENDALE, ARIZ.
That Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is a unifier and a consensus builder was never more evident than Monday night. 

It was Jones who came up with the idea for the Cowboys’ organized, coordinated and unified response to President Donald Trump’s criticism of NFL players for protesting racial inequality during the national anthem.

Jones, who donated $1 million through one of his companies to Trump’s inaugural committee, refused to call out the president for his controversial remarks, but took pride in how the team handled the situation that ultimately was his creation.

Excerpted.  More at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article175515171.html

Mod note:  Please excerpt your articles and provide a link, Emjay
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:04:24 am by MOD3 »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2017, 03:35:59 am »

Well thank you!  I think we all should try for a little Kurt Schlichter style in our commentary.   It's way past time we stopped being unoffensive to these bastards and start matching them elbow for elbow. 

One of the surest ways to prevent a fight is to make sure everyone knows they are going to get one if they F*** with you.   We need to make the left side of the spectrum understand that our days of ignoring and indulging them are over,  and now that they have gotten our attention,  they aren't going to like it.

:beer:    HOORAH!

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42:39 am »
Nope.  From the Ft. Worth Star Telegram.

Now I would normally stop you right there, but out of respect for you , i'll continue reading.

"DALLAS COWBOYS
NFL ratings dip? Um, not for the Dallas Cowboys
BY STEFAN STEVENSON

The Dallas Cowboys continue to be a television ratings bonanza despite the current controversy surrounding the NFL at the moment.

The Cowboys’ Monday Night Football game against the Arizona Cardinals on ESPN was the second-highest MNF telecast over the last two seasons. The only game with more viewers was the Cowboys-Lions game on Dec. 26, 2016, which drew 18.6 million.

Monday’s game averaged 13.8 million viewers, according to Nielsen. That’s a 71 percent increase year-over-year on Week 3. ESPN says that average audience is likely to grow by 8 percent when streaming and out out-of-home audiences are included, using their new Nielsen Total Audience measurement.

Yeah,  I wonder if they measured how long the "audience"  watched.  I'm suspecting they did something like "page hits"  and not an actual in depth analysis of whether these were looky lou visitors wanting to see how the protest was going to go down,  or real viewers. 

We know they are going to say these are real viewers because they want to push that narrative.  We shall see within a week or so if there is anything to this claim,  but since it is ESPN and the Ft. Worth Star Telegram,  I suspect it's massaged and misleading information pretending to be a news story. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2017, 03:44:35 am »
Jerry Jones had a plan to combine player unity with respect for the flag and the anthem.  It worked.

So why were the fans at the stadium booing them?   

Star Telegram Liberal Spin doctors at work here.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Online corbe

« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2017, 03:49:47 am »
    Buck the Foys and Jerry Jones, bunch of whiners that they are and have been since they fired Tom Landry.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2017, 04:01:37 am »

My credit union recently sent out an email with a link advocating for support for credit unions.  I generally like credit unions over banks, but the link name and logo?  Stronger Together.  I pointed out that using the logo for a failed campaign and the title of a failed book may not be the best way to advocate.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2017, 04:10:08 am »

So why were the fans at the stadium booing them?   

Star Telegram Liberal Spin doctors at work here.

Yeah, it's pretty nauseating....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2017, 04:33:20 am »
Yeah, it's pretty nauseating....

The fans were booing because they did not know what was going on.  They thought the Cowboys were kneeling during the anthem.

When the Cowboys stood up and respected the flag and the anthem as they've always done, the booing stopped.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2017, 04:34:32 am »
    Buck the Foys and Jerry Jones, bunch of whiners that they are and have been since they fired Tom Landry.

How the heck long can you hold a grudge?  I only held it about Landry for 3 or 4 years. 

I'm obviously a better person.