Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15049 times)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2017, 03:13:46 pm »

The precedent is already known and it is quite clear. Hollywood as a whole, along with the music industry, have made billions by pissing on the flag, disparaging America and Americans, and by promoting every kind of vile debauchery known to man. Granted, this attitude has affected them dearly, more than anyone will ever know, but they don't seem to mind. It seems that the only single thing in Hollywood that is more important than money, sex, and drugs, is to maintain 'the agenda'. They keep the Leftist agenda going at any costs. They don't seem to care.

Based on that, maybe the NFL, NBA, and ESPN, are also willing to sacrifice anything to keep 'the agenda' of hating America and, of course, President Trump going. The biggest difference is that Hollywood and music play to the Left. That is where the Left dwells. It is their environment. Whereas sports are not normally a big part of the Leftist world. Sports audiences are dominated mostly by the Right. So, they may not be able to sustain it as Hollywood has.

Everything WAS fine. If someone in sports management is orchestrating this to stir up division, they are taking a huge bet. I don't know what they are thinking or what they have planned, but for the life of me I cannot see any upside to all of this for anyone in the sports industry. It seems like a needless disruption that can only end in audience/revenue losses.

NFL decline over the last few years
- weird rules changes
- slow play/action = long drawn out games
- player behavior off field
- the concussion issue
- general bad reputation of so many players
- banning any display of Americanism/Patriotism/Christianity/Police or Military support
- and others...

Take all of this and mix in anti-Americanism and open anti-White Racism into the pot. Then add a big steaming helping of Politics and throw that in. Wow. That is stinky brew they're mixing up. Who do they think is going to drink it?

The NFL is so quick to ban little tiny things that either no one cares about or is something that would actually boost the game. A yet they support an active major disruption to the game by anti-American thugs? It makes absolutely no sense at all no matter how you look at it.

Someone from Mars would assume that management is either mentally challenged, or they are deliberately trying to commit suicide.

I don't know. I remain confused why no one why up there in the chain of command in the NFL doesn't say, "Ok kids. You've had your little 'outburst' or whatever. Now it's time to get back to the game."

But they won't do it. In fact they seem to support it. Are they crazy? I guess they want to go down with the ship for their cause, or causes or whatever this is about. They are willing to take the hits for this while nobody is completely sure even what it is they are fighting for? What is the goal? What is the expected outcome? There isn't a defined point.

They are protesting for the sake of protesting. Nothing more. And their 'enabler' parents are letting them get away with it. How can anyone solve a problem if the person complaining doesn't even know what they are mad about or what they want done? The whole thing is juvenile and idiotic. It is nothing more than a bunch of multi-millionaire children throwing a temper tantrum simply because they can.
- banning any display of Americanism etc, yet allowing players to wear socks displaying cops as pigs. Pathetic NFL and owners. I hope they all loose their proverbial shorts this year.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2017, 03:15:07 pm »
What I meant was that I could see the taking a knee during the Anthem or simply refusing to stand up spread to military functions where a soldier decides to support what football players are doing now.

There's been a lot of SJW teaching gs and rhetoric spread through the military for the last 8 years.

You're going to have a few who decide they are the military version of Colin Kapernick.

Have you ever been in the military? I have, protesting is not allowed, period. Should one take it upon themselves to break protocol and protest the consequence will be rapid and severe.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:19:54 pm by jpsb »

Offline RetBobbyMI

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 03:16:46 pm »
Dr. King's dream has been turned on it's head by the very people that claim to continue the struggle in his name.

I have long wondered whether we only respect Martin Luther King as a result of the fact he was killed back in 1968,  and therefore his 1960s positions were frozen in time.   I note that many of his associates and contemporaries (such as Jessie Jackson)  evolved into something that does not resemble King's 1960s positions of judging people by the content of their character.   

The question is,  would King have "evolved"  along with them into another race-hustler like Jackson or Sharpton?   Would King have the respect he does now had he continued living? 

I suspect not. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:11 pm »
Have you ever been in the military? I have, protesting is not allowed, period. Should one to take it upon themselves to break protocol and protest the consequence will be rapid and severe.

*looks down at Sgt. 1st Class rank on his multi cams*

*looks back up at jpsb*

I think that kinda answers that silly question.

Next...

When was the last year you served?  There has been a lot that has changed and not for the better.  If a soldier decided to pull a Kapernick...and there are some in the military right now that WOULD pull that stunt...they won't be touched for fear of the offending soldier file an EO complaint.

When I say that the Liberal agenda and the SJW/BLM crap has infected our ranks...I know of that which I speak.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:39 pm »

I have long wondered whether we only respect Martin Luther King as a result of the fact he was killed back in 1968,  and therefore his 1960s positions were frozen in time.   I note that many of his associates and contemporaries (such as Jessie Jackson)  evolved into something that does not resemble King's 1960s positions of judging people by the content of their character.   

The question is,  would King have "evolved"  along with them into another race-hustler like Jackson or Sharpton?   Would King have the respect he does now had he continued living? 

I suspect not.

I suspect not either.  Remember, Jackson was not highly thought of by King.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2017, 03:20:07 pm »

I suspect not.

@DiogenesLamp on this I agree with you completely.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 03:22:42 pm »

*looks back up at jpsb*

Next...

When was the last year you served?  There has been a lot that has changed and not for the better.  If a soldier decided to pull a Kapernick...and there are some in the military right now that WOULD pull that stunt...they won't be touched for fear of the offending soldier file an EO complaint.

When I say that the Liberal agenda and the SJW/BLM crap has infected our ranks...I know of that which I speak.

Yeah??

Well, guess what, 'Einstein'?

President Trump is the CIC now....., not the Kenyan.    Try and keep up.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2017, 03:22:44 pm »
Big Sports needs to hear our message that we can take or leave their product.

This has been brewing for a long time, the anthem is just the straw that broke the camel’s back.

We are tired of paying big money and spending our time watching a bunch of millionaire thugs playing for billionaire owners who fleece the taxpayers.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2017, 03:24:05 pm »

*looks back up at jpsb*

Next...

I got out in 71 so it was a long time ago but I can't believe USA or USN or USMC would stand for any of this. In my day the best you would get is "office hours". Bad Conduct discharge would be much more likely.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2017, 03:25:43 pm »

I suspect not.

No one can know for sure. But I’d like to think MLK was more principled than that and would not fall prey to political correctness.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »
"it would be out-and-out warfare in our urban areas"

Nobody except the fringe nuts on both sides wants that.
However, as someone who was a liberal as a teen in the sixties chiefly due to the civil rights issues, it is deeply disturbing to see that for intents and purposes integration has failed.
Blacks on college campi across the country demand separate dorms, buildings, and services.
75% of blacks in a recent poll support the demonstrations at games.
Where does that leave us?
I'm beginning to think maybe separation might be a good idea if only to teach American blacks where their bread is buttered. There won't be much butter or bread if left to their own devices.

They think they're not getting their "fair share," whatever that is, so they'll just destroy everything for everybody instead.  It's basic human nature (one of the uglier aspects of that nature).  This is certain to end poorly, mostly for them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2017, 03:30:31 pm »
I got out in 71 so it was a long time ago but I can't believe USA or USN or USMC would stand for any of this. In my day the best you would get is "office hours". Bad Conduct discharge would be much more likely.

Well we've got Flag Officers at the 4 Star level openly saying they will defy the repeal of allowing Trannies to serve openly in the ranks.

I went through the Equal Opportunity course back in march...it's allllll about the Social Justice Liberal PC crap.

Hell it's a mandatory bullet on my NCOER now that I support the SHARP/EO policies of the unit.

The most recent edition of FM 670-1 had to be sent back and revised because of complaints it didn't take into consideration "ethnic" hair styles.

This crap wouldn't have happened even when I was active duty the first time back in the 90's or even pre Obama in the earlier part of this century.

But thanks to Obama and the yes men PC officers he promoted up the ranks in the Pentagon...Social Justice is a reality in the military as I type this.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2017, 03:35:34 pm »

*looks back up at jpsb*

Next...

I seem to recall a story a couple years back about a gal serving on a base who hid in the back of a car to avoid standing for Taps.  She posted a selfie on FB or Twitter, laughing about how she "put one over on the man," and she was punished for doing it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2017, 03:38:34 pm »

The question is,  would King have "evolved"  along with them into another race-hustler like Jackson or Sharpton?   Would King have the respect he does now had he continued living?  I suspect not.

I've wondered if the race-baiting Jackson, Sharpton and ultimately Obama would have risen to prominence had MLK lived.  I think not.

MLK's death opened the door to these hustlers ... they corrupted what MLK preached and there was no one to challenge them.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2017, 03:38:54 pm »
Yeah??

Well, guess what, 'Einstein'?

President Trump is the CIC now....., not the Kenyan.    Try and keep up.

Really?  no sh*t?  Thank you Captain Obvious for yesterday's news.

Was there an intelligent point you were trying to make or just toss out something you thought was a funny random insult?

Either way you failed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2017, 03:42:58 pm »
I seem to recall a story a couple years back about a gal serving on a base who hid in the back of a car to avoid standing for Taps.  She posted a selfie on FB or Twitter, laughing about how she "put one over on the man," and she was punished for doing it.

Whatever "punishment" she received was done in secret at Ft. Carson.  Which could mean anything from an Article 15...but then that wouldn't be kept secret as the Company Commander usually posts those on a board outside his door...to having to sit through a power point presentation on the proper use of social media.

My guess...it was kept secret because all she got was an @ss chewing from her First Sergeant and told to be more careful in the future.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2017, 03:43:08 pm »
Really?  no sh*t?  Thank you Captain Obvious for yesterday's news.

Was there an intelligent point you were trying to make or just toss out something you thought was a funny random insult?

Either way you failed.

Yeah?   Why don't you try it?   Do an experiment.   

But be sure to call the local news to cover it before you do.   Then get back to us.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2017, 03:43:14 pm »
No one has made this connection yet, so let me.  I think this goes hand in hand with the general classlessness and individual star power that has become so prevalent in the NFL.  The players celebrate the most routine plays with ridiculous antics.  They come onto the field personally accessorized in a way that identifies them as individuals for the TV cameras (and not coincidentally to attract sponsors who might be interested in paying them for endorsements).  The league has simply lost its way.

It is no wonder that players now try to distinguish themselves by declaring their sexual preference, or making political statements.  It is all part of differentiating oneself so that one becomes attractive as a spokesperson for some niche market.  Unfortunately, it has diminished the NFL brand as a whole, as owners and coaches no longer have the power to stop it.

What the NFL needs more than anything right now is a Tom Landry.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2017, 03:45:00 pm »
No one has made this connection yet, so let me.  I think this goes hand in hand with the general classlessness and individual star power that has become so prevalent in the NFL.  The players celebrate the most routine plays with ridiculous antics.  They come onto the field personally accessorized in a way that identifies them as individuals for the TV cameras (and not coincidentally to attract sponsors who might be interested in paying them for endorsements).  The league has simply lost its way.

It is no wonder that players now try to distinguish themselves by declaring their sexual preference, or making political statements.  It is all part of differentiating oneself so that one becomes attractive as a spokesperson for some niche market.  Unfortunately, it has diminished the NFL brand as a whole, as owners and coaches no longer have the power to stop it.

Fedora and all!!!    :patriot:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2017, 03:46:35 pm »

Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2017, 04:02:55 pm »
No one can know for sure. But I’d like to think MLK was more principled than that and would not fall prey to political correctness.

I thought the entire nation was more principled than it has turned out to be.  We now routinely tolerated offenses against us that would not have been tolerated by the people of the 1960s.   

Many people whom I regarded as principled persons (such as John McCain) have "evolved" over time to be something very different from what I thought they were.   There is a corruption of principle that seems to accompany an acquisition of power,  and whether it is from the culture of our capital city and it's Deep State sycophants in the Media system,   or just the natural human response to being given power,  I do not know,   but I see few people in history that appear to be immuned to it. 

I suspect King would have "evolved"  into something very different from what he was in the 1960s. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2017, 04:26:01 pm »
McCain hasn't been "principled" since he stepped off the plane from Hanoi and dumped his disabled wife (who stood by him the whole time he was in Prison) and hooked up with the loaded hot beer baroness.
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2017, 04:28:47 pm »

Article 15

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2017, 04:31:00 pm »
Have you ever been in the military? I have, protesting is not allowed, period. Should one take it upon themselves to break protocol and protest the consequence will be rapid and severe.
I'll go out on a limb, to suggest the military you once knew, may not be the real military of today.

--The real military of today gave Bradley Manning body mutilating surgeries, so he could call himself Chelsea and make believe he was a woman.

--The military of today is the result of decades, of various social experiments, among them being "affirmative action."

In order to move up in rank, one needed to "buy into" a lot of nonsense. The people at the very top today, authorized Bradley Manning's adventure.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln