Author Topic: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’  (Read 15184 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Karl Rove on NFL Protests: Trump Will Be ‘Walking Away From This a Loser’
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2017, 07:28:38 pm »
Don't do that face on me.  Who are the vermin in the post.  It really needs to be explained.

The Vermin are the people who are protesting America while having America's silver spoon in their mouths. 

And the Media-Propaganda weapon inciting and supporting them.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2017, 07:30:27 pm »
The government should not be sponsoring or subsidizing any business like this.  Taxpayers, for example, forked over 1.2 Billion for Cowboy's stadium, yet the team is worth almost 3 Billion dollars.

No argument from me.   The Government should focus on it's mandates,  not entertainment.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2017, 07:34:40 pm »
I have one more thing to add on this subject.

Trump was gloating because of the boos when the Cowboys knelt.

The crowd only booed because they thought the Cowboys were disrespecting the Anthem.  They later realized that every one of the Cowboys stood for the Anthem.

The kneeling thing was just a feel-good gimmick Jerry thought of to support team solidarity while still respecting the flag and the anthem.  Pretty Smart.  Maybe he should be President.

Trying to please both sides is "smart"?   No.  One side is absolutely wrong,  and compromising with them is a tactic destined to end in disaster.   

He is now seen as gutless,  not "smart."   

They should have nipped this in the bud when they had the chance by telling team members that if they want to protest,  do it on their own time and their own dime.  So long as the television broadcasting was going to be supplied by the NFL contracts for their customers at home,  they needed to keep their personal politics to themselves and "play ball." 

They are there to work,  not promulgate their own personal political opinions to a crowd that didn't want to hear them in the first place. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jpsb

« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2017, 07:42:11 pm »

And this one, I'm gonna blame on Trump.  He keeps throwing gasoline on this fire and he's made it about him.

You have a problem with an American President standing up for the flag/country/vets?

Wow, just wow.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »
You have a problem with an American President standing up for the flag/country/vets?

Wow, just wow.

Come on, JPSB, that's not what she said.   :chairbang:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2017, 07:50:54 pm »
The kneeling before the Anthem was just trying to have things both ways and it fell flat. 

Yup, trying to serve two masters and it did not work. Jones exposed as a coward and a hypocrite.

@Emjay

Trump exposed Antifa and BLMs, that is the ideology behind the not standing for the national
anthem.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2017, 07:53:35 pm »
Come on, JPSB, that's not what she said.   :chairbang:

Well it is pretty darn close.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2017, 08:06:53 pm »

Wow, just wow.

I shouldn't even respond to you.

I have a problem with a president who is behaving like an idiot sixth grader taunting another boy.

He has made this thing last much longer than it would have lasted if he had stayed out of it.

Nobody liked that Colin K guy and he can't even get a job.

That protest would have died of its own weight but for Trump's childishness.

It wasn't about patriotism ... it was about a perceived insult to his own vanity.

He did it again this morning ...  Please, someone, stop him.

He is ruining his own legacy.

Hey, don't jump on me.  I'm one of the ones trying to defend Trump when I can.

In this particular situation, I am sad to say, I can't.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2017, 08:14:21 pm »

I have a problem with a president who is behaving like an idiot sixth grader taunting another boy.

He has made this thing last much longer than it would have lasted if he had stayed out of it.

Nobody liked that Colin K guy and he can't even get a job.

That protest would have died of its own weight but for Trump's childishness.

It wasn't about patriotism ... it was about a perceived insult to his own vanity.

He did it again this morning ...  Please, someone, stop him.

He is ruining his own legacy.

Hey, don't jump on me.  I'm one of the ones trying to defend Trump when I can.

In this particular situation, I am sad to say, I can't.

Nope!

My money says the NFL will have adopted a new rule to be enforced BEFORE Thursday Night Football games.  They can't go through another week of this, BECAUSE THEY'RE LOSING the debate/issue.

Teams enforce rules all the time.   Dress shirt and ties with jacket when traveling.  Practice times.  Meetings.

If you're late or break the rules, you're suspended.

President Trump can't lose on this one.

He knows exactly what he's doing here.   

A guy who wiped the floor with 16 'establishment' candidates and won the Presidency.  On his FIRST attempt.   

What the hell are WE gonna tell HIM??    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2017, 08:20:07 pm »

No argument from me.   The Government should focus on it's mandates,  not entertainment.

The problem is that "Entertainment" is gained too much influence in this country.  More people today get their political views from celebrities and by watching shows like "Ellen" and the late night talk shows.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2017, 08:21:23 pm »
Nope!

My money says the NFL will have adopted a new rule to be enforced BEFORE Thursday Night Football games.  They can't go through another week of this, BECAUSE THEY'RE LOSING the debate/issue.

Teams enforce rules all the time.   Dress shirt and ties with jacket when traveling.  Practice times.  Meetings.

A guy who wiped the floor with 16 'establishment' candidates and won the Presidency.  On his FIRST attempt.   

The don't need to adopt any new rules as they already have them!

NFL football games are governed by multiple codes of conduct. One is the NFL rulebook; another is the NFL game operations manual. The rulebook is concerned with in-game actions by players and coaches (like scoring, penalties, challenges and so on), whereas the game-operations manual dictates how NFL games should be run in the bigger-picture organizational sense.

The league’s Game Operations Department uses the manual to govern the conduct of home clubs, to ensure they protect players and provide the conditions for a fair and fan-friendly contest.

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem because it is not part of any game. But the game operations manual does.

Here’s what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So, as it turns out, the NFL is just another organization which cannot abide by or enforce it's own rules. Much like the current Republican Party!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:30:03 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2017, 08:25:23 pm »
Trump exposed Antifa and BLMs, that is the ideology behind the not standing for the national
anthem.

BLM was well established long before Trump came along and anyone paying attention already knew what they were up to.

Antifa is just the OWS idiots who decided to don masks so they wouldn't be recognized as Trust Fund babies like they were before.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2017, 08:29:17 pm »
It just dawned on me....this is a perfect scenario for Condi Rice to replace Roger Goodell as NFL Commissioner.

Being black, and a woman, she can defuse this nonsense and set rules that she will and can enforce.

We'd be back to 'normal'   ...whatever the heck that is today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:00 pm »
Thanks for that info.  Time to look him up on the Global address list and find out what unit he's in.

@mountaineer @Sanguine

Found him.  Sending appropriate emails now to give the proper individuals the heads up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2017, 08:41:00 pm »
It just dawned on me....this is a perfect scenario for Condi Rice to replace Roger Goodell as NFL Commissioner.

Being black, and a woman, she can defuse this nonsense and set rules that she will and can enforce.

Genius! Interesting proposal. Wonder if she’s up for it?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2017, 08:54:18 pm »

But you don't seem to have a problem with an entire Media empire that does the same and worse,  routinely,  every single day to conservative Americans. 

You do not seem to protest the mockery the entertainment "elites"  heap on us daily,   you don't object to the nasty snide characterizations of us as racist "deplorables",  homophobes and misogynists.   All your bile seems to be focused on the guy who is actually ramming this stuff back down their throats and making them choke on it. 

A dignified man cannot combat the monster we face.  Mitt Romney was toast out of the gate,  and he did not even realize it.   "Binders full of women"  was an innocuous comment meant to show something positive about his relationship with women,  but the Media-Weapon turned it into a source of mockery and defamation against him.   

We need an ogre.  Trump isn't mean enough or nasty enough to suit my tastes.  I wish he would go further and really anger the left.  I want them so screaming mad they will over extend themselves,  as he has apparently manage to accomplish with the NFL.   

I want him to turn the left into screeching ranting machines that frighten the American voter,  because they need to be frightened of these bastards that control the airwaves,  and now most of the internet. 

We need these confrontations,  and we need them now,  before the left can consolidate more power,  we need to get them to expose their nasty violent nature,  and Trump is pushing all the right buttons.  I just wish he would push more of them and harder. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2017, 09:01:49 pm »
Nope!

For some reason that "D@mned fool"  just keeps on winning.   I've never seen such a lucky man! 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2017, 09:02:24 pm »
Thanks for that info.  Time to look him up on the Global address list and find out what unit he's in.

That seems like a variant on "doxing," which is frowned upon.

In my era, his fellow classmates might have beat the living crap out of him, hoping to knock sense into him, or run him out of the military service.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2017, 09:05:42 pm »
The problem is that "Entertainment" is gained too much influence in this country.  More people today get their political views from celebrities and by watching shows like "Ellen" and the late night talk shows.

I preach about this all the time.   The modern system has turned the intent of the founders on it's head.   The whole point of "freedom of speech"  was to let dissenting sides air their views and then allow the public to decide which of them were right. 

With the modern monopoly on broadcasting,  only the left gets to air it's views with any degree of notice by the voting public.    The right is effectively frozen out of the access to the public system. 

The left gets to use freedom of speech for the purpose for which it was intended.  The right does not because the means to reach significant portions of the public are completely controlled by the left.

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2017, 09:07:02 pm »
Don't do that face on me.  Who are the vermin in the post.  It really needs to be explained.

The Face was in response to this:

Not sure what you are talking about.

Pretty sure you're wrong.

I don't know what to make of it.  You don't know what he's talking about, yet you're pretty sure he's wrong? 

:facepalm2: :facepalm2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2017, 09:07:08 pm »
Genius! Interesting proposal. Wonder if she’s up for it?

I agree.  Fight fire with fire. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2017, 09:08:53 pm »

Hardly.  I have not put out in public his name, address, unit info work or personal phone numbers or any way to contact his chain of command. 

Everything has been communicated properly through military channels.

You're gonna have to work harder than that to try and catch me in a "gotcha moment". **nononono*

Part of my job entails exactly what I did.  Which was to notify the Division PAO office with a link to what he's doing as well as notifying the Sergeant major for Public Affairs at the Pentagon.  There are rules about what soldiers can and can't post and what they can and can't say on social media.  Groups they are not allowed to associate with...especially in uniform.

He's in direct violation of the UCMJ and a whole host of other regs.

One of the questions they ask you on your entrance paperwork into the military...is something along the lines of..."Are you now or have you ever been a member of an organization whose stated goals is the dissolution of the government of the United States?"

He lied if he checked no.  If he'd answered yes he wouldn't have been admitted.

Then there's the fact that as a Commissioned Officer he's violating his oath.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:12:34 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2017, 09:19:38 pm »

In my era, his fellow classmates might have beat the living crap out of him, hoping to knock sense into him, or run him out of the military service.

I don't know.  When I think of doxxing, I think of looking up hard to find information on somebody (by tracing n IP address, for example), and using it to send mobs to their house to scare any children who may be in the living room.  This is a case of someone who's been very, very public with his actions, and they reflect poorly on every person serving in the Army.  Nothing wrong with a fellow service member so besmirched contacting the fellow's CO to point it out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2017, 09:22:49 pm »

It's no good, @DCPatriot.  Condi's "Black Card" and "Female Card" were canceled when she went to work for Dubya. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »
Hardly.  I have not put out in public his name, address, unit info work or personal phone numbers or any way to contact his chain of command. 

Everything has been communicated properly through military channels.

You're gonna have to work harder than that to try and catch me in a "gotcha moment". **nononono*

Part of my job entails exactly what I did.  Which was to notify the Division PAO office with a link to what he's doing as well as notifying the Sergeant major for Public Affairs at the Pentagon.  There are rules about what soldiers can and can't post and what they can and can't say on social media.  Groups they are not allowed to associate with...especially in uniform.

He's in direct violation of the UCMJ and a whole host of other regs.

One of the questions they ask you on your entrance paperwork into the military...is something along the lines of..."Are you now or have you ever been a member of an organization whose stated goals is the dissolution of the government of the United States?"

He lied if he checked no.  If he'd answered yes he wouldn't have been admitted.

Then there's the fact that as a Commissioned Officer he's violating his oath.
1. Not trying to "gotcha," you. Merely an observation about the similarity, WITHOUT knowing it was in your work related duty (i.e. need to know).

2. I left my military service over 45 years ago. I held a Secret Clearance (not Top Secret). My duties involved being proficient to research a wide range of regulations.

If what you claim is correct, why is he still in uniform, instead of in prison? Leavenworth has a spot waiting. (a college friend of mine served as commander of Leavenworth, on his final assignment after 37 yrs. service, one LTG James Riley--that is public info.)

I cannot imagine a subordinate officer or enlisted person that would trust him, in service defending our country. I cannot imagine the military would want him around, for one day longer than it takes to drum him out.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln