Author Topic: Dem senator praises athletes for 'getting political'  (Read 440 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem senator praises athletes for 'getting political'
« on: September 24, 2017, 01:57:03 am »
Dem senator praises athletes for 'getting political'
By Brooke Seipel - 09/23/17 09:18 PM EDT

Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) applauded athletes who have responded to President Trump's comments that NFL owners should fire any "son of a b----" players on their teams who kneel during the national anthem before games or disrespect the American flag.

"I think it's cool that all of these athletes are getting political. No one should stay in their lane. Politics is for everyone!" Schatz tweeted Saturday night.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/352098-dem-senator-praises-athletes-for-getting-political
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Dem senator praises athletes for 'getting political'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 12:04:46 am »
I am sick of being lectured by people making 6, 7, or 8 figures how repressed they are living here in the US.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 02:02:09 am »
I am sick of being lectured by people making 6, 7, or 8 figures how repressed they are living here in the US.

Amen!  It is sickening.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 02:02:35 am »

QFT

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 02:19:29 am »
Let them all spend a year playing in the Cuban Football League.