Author Topic: NFL's Goodell: Trump's 'divisive comments' show a 'lack of respect'  (Read 840 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell fired back at President Trump on Saturday for encouraging league owners to remove players who take a knee during the national anthem, saying Trump’s “divisive comments” show “an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL.”

“The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture,” Goodell said in a statement. “There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month.”

“Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/352031-nfl-commissioner-trumps-divisive-comments-show-a-lack-of
So he says Trump is 'divisive' yet a player who decides to diss this country is not, but is simply 'exercising his rights"?

He thinks it is "a sense of unity" when they do not respect this country?

What a douchebag Goodell is.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mrclose

Re: NFL's Goodell: Trump's 'divisive comments' show a 'lack of respect'
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:53:38 pm »
Goodell blames Trump for his disrespect and divisiveness?

These Thugs whom Goodell oversees ... disrespect more than flag or country when they pull their s#!t!

HEY CHRIS PAUL!
I'll call you a sonofabitch ... TO YOUR FACE!
(In reply to his twitter rant .. calling Trump a coward!)
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 07:49:36 pm »
Respect is earned, not given.  The NFL has endorsed and encouraged disrespect be to shown to millions of its supporting fans.

What Goodell is doing is called projection.

Eff the NFL, I'm done with them.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 08:15:12 pm »
Considering one man beat unbelievable odds to win the Presidency and the other man rode his dad's coattails into a sweetheart gig and is on auto pilot to destroying the NFL, I'll take Donny's side on this.

Offline anubias

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 08:36:57 pm »
Goodell must go.  The owners need to pull their heads out of their behinds and figure out what is so blatantly obvious to the fans.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 08:40:11 pm »
I don't know.. this seems pretty respectful on Trump's part. I can find no fault in this.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 08:42:45 pm »
Goodell must go.  The owners need to pull their heads out of their behinds and figure out what is so blatantly obvious to the fans.

Pete Rozelle in his current state could do 10X the job Goodell could ever dream of doing.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 08:53:27 pm »
I don't know.. this seems pretty respectful on Trump's part. I can find no fault in this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don&#39;t always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

January 22, 2017

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a Fascist!    :silly:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 09:47:03 pm »
Trump showed the NFL all the respect it deserves. When they start to deal seriously  with the rapists, domestic abusers, murderers and drug abusers within the league, get back to me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 10:45:00 pm »
I think Trump said this at that Luther Strange rally, and it really is pretty casual, Trump has his spiel and all he did was say that little bit to a friendly audience and state of the Crimson Tide:

"Aren't you watching football and you see one of these guys kneeling during the national anthem and you wish the coach would just fire that SOB", it is something like this.  And the crowd cheered such a statement.

Also, Trump didn't call for a boycott, that's the media or someone putting words in his mouth.

I saw at Drudge; some article and read it, the NFL is not enforcing it's rules to allow this to happen, I heard some others bring up that "peaceful protest" bit as well. I think Michael Jordan might have said this.

Enforce the rules, NFL, this is a disaster,

And Pittsburgh, as mentioned and now with Big Ben coming out, the Steelers in dealing with this situation they did nothing to create got tons and tons of people mad at them, everyone wanted the Bears to beat them yesterday.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 11:25:45 pm »
.... saw at Drudge; some article and read it, the NFL is not enforcing it's rules to allow this to happen, I heard some others bring up that "peaceful protest" bit as well. I think Michael Jordan might have said this.

Enforce the rules, NFL, this is a disaster,

And Pittsburgh, as mentioned and now with Big Ben coming out, the Steelers in dealing with this situation they did nothing to create got tons and tons of people mad at them, everyone wanted the Bears to beat them yesterday.......

I think the NFL is starting to take the advice a man of power once said: It doesn't matter what they say about you, as long as they are talking about you..