Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'  (Read 6025 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:53:08 pm »
By Theodore Bunker   |   Friday, 22 Sep 2017 09:47 AM

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Thursday blasted his fellow conservatives who accused him of abandoning their movement in favor of President Donald Trump.

"I didn't have a university pedigree, I didn't have anything," Limbaugh said at the Media Research Center's 30th anniversary gala, according to the Washington Examiner. "I didn't have a degree. I had nothing that said I knew what I was talking about. Nothing that said I was educated. Now half those people think I'm a blowhard because of Trump."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rush-limbaugh-havent-changed-conference-speech/2017/09/22/id/815122/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 02:58:21 pm »
Rush prior to 2016- conservatism wins every time it is tried. 1
Rush 2016 until now- Trump is not a conservative and that is what we need to win.2

Citations-
1: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2004/11/15/conservatism_wins_elections/
2: http://www.businessinsider.com/rush-limbaugh-donald-trump-not-conservative-2016-9

Just one of many examples discussed in the past year. Sometimes he even changes and contradicts himself in the same segment lately. Sad.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:05:07 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 03:00:44 pm »
Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'

Bullsh*t  **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 03:04:39 pm »
Rush is a national treasure, the Doctor of Democracy; one of the largest boons to modern day conservatism; probably directly after that of the Gipper. God Bless Him!

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »
So was he lying then or is he lying now?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 03:08:01 pm »
When you sell your soul you reap the consequences Rush!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:09:34 pm »
Here was my conclusion from May of last year on why Rush sold out his Conservative principals and went all in for Trump.

Rush has a blind spot for Trump that's for sure.  I'm pretty sure I know why he does and it has nothing to do with being golfing buddies membership at Mar-A-Largo or any of that silliness.

I listen to the Rush podcast on my drive home on the Autobahn every day and I kept trying to figure out how the hell Rush could fall for Turmp's BS....and then Rush said the one thing that made it all crystal clear to me.

Back in (I think) the middle of Feb. Rush made this comment about Trump "The media didn't make him and the media can't break him".

Rush then went on to explain how according to the GOPe "rules" a candidate must be this and a candidate must do that and say these things in order to get elected and that Trump was not playing by those rules.

If you take out "Trump" and "establishment" from that monologue and replace them with "Rush" and "media elites"...then Rush just described his climb to radio glory doing everything the so called keepers of smart in broadcasting said you shouldn't do and couldn't do in order to be successful in the business.

Right or wrong Rush sees Trump as a kindred spirit in giving the finger to the establishment and doing it "his way" in becoming successful. And it causes Limbaugh to have a massive blind spot for what Trump is really doing. 

It's the only logical reason I've been able to come up with as to why Rush defends and explains away things that he shredded JEB Bush on (winning the nomination without the base) and explaining away Trumps horrid comment about punishing the mothers who have an abortion after his brilliant takes on the butchery and debauchery of PP selling body parts of unborn babies to the highest bidder.  And it all comes back to IMHO my explanation above.

We Conservatives DO have long memories on stuff like this.  I remember very clearly Rush stating on the air after McCain lost that he was no long going to "carry the water" for the GOP.  That was the topic of almost his whole first hour that day.  HE is the one that popularized the term "Establishment GOP" and defined it as a bad thing.

Yet here he is now "carying the water" for the GOP Establishment candidate.  McConnell must be having a good laugh over that bit of irony.

Rush isn't the only one who will take a hit in the ratings over their shilling for Donny either.  Hannity will....we've already seen that Fox New has as well.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203216.msg861363.html#msg861363

I don't see anything in the last 18 months that leads me to believe anything in what I said has changed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 03:25:36 pm »
Rush is a national treasure, the Doctor of Democracy; one of the largest boons to modern day conservatism; probably directly after that of the Gipper. God Bless Him!

@TomSea

Wow, lol.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 03:30:42 pm »

Bulls**t

People like Rush are entertainers.  Personally I think it is time we distance ourselves from people like Rush and go back to old days that we made our minds and not some a** wipe blowhards who sits behind the mic.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline FS7

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 03:53:59 pm »
@TomSea

Wow, lol.

Trump apologists are, to me, so blind in their devotion that their written sentiments are indistinguishable from satire.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 04:03:34 pm »
I've been a steady listener to Limbaugh for over twenty years.  I distinctly remember him over the years running down a horde of Republicans for not being conservative enough.  Conservatism was the answer for all national problems.
And he was right. 
Then along comes a person who Rush admits is not only not a conservative, but happens to be a friend/golf buddy, and Limbaugh does cartwheels celebrating the guy's candidacy.
True conservatives for the cause are dumped by the wayside and scorned.
If he wasn't a huge hypocrite before, he certainly is now.  That's goes for Hannity as well.

gogogodzilla

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 04:12:02 pm »

Bulls**t

People like Rush are entertainers.  Personally I think it is time we distance ourselves from people like Rush and go back to old days that we made our minds and not some a** wipe blowhards who sits behind the mic.

This!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 04:17:26 pm »

My guess is that he was lying then.

If he hasn't changed, he never believed in Conservatism to begin with, because he sure doesn't now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 04:18:57 pm »
@TomSea

Wow, lol.

I'm so glad you quoted ol' Tom so I could laugh too.   :silly:

(On permanent "Ignore" that one.......)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:19:40 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 04:19:15 pm »

Bulls**t

That's only partially true.  He is not an entertainer in that he can't sing or dance or juggle plates.  He is a celebrity because he has a certain ideological point of view and is able to express it in an entertaining manner.  Now that he has abandoned his ideology, what does he have?  His ideology drove his celebrity.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 04:20:59 pm »
That's only partially true.  He is not an entertainer in that he can't sing or dance or juggle plates.  He is a celebrity because he has a certain ideological point of view and is able to express it in an entertaining manner.  Now that he has abandoned his ideology, what does he have?  His ideology drove his celebrity.

You nailed it there. @Sanguine .   Because he abandoned (or revealed??) his ideology, he has nothing left to offer.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 04:22:19 pm »
Trump apologists are, to me, so blind in their devotion that their written sentiments are indistinguishable from satire.

@FS7

You know, for a moment there I wondered about that post and whether Tom might be putting us on.

If not, the degree to which people will place slavish devotion and trust in radio entertainers, and let them do their thinking for them, is incredible.

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 04:23:57 pm »
I'm so glad you quoted ol' Tom so I could laugh too.   :silly:

(On permanent "Ignore" that one.......)

@musiclady

That post went just a bit over the line into satire, for me, anyway.  Hmmm....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 04:27:40 pm »
@musiclady

That post went just a bit over the line into satire, for me, anyway.  Hmmm....

It looked like a joke to me.   :shrug:

@CatherineofAragon

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 04:30:29 pm »

Do you really think that Rush Limbaugh in 1996 would have supported Donald Trump. No.. Especially going after Clinton cause he lacked character and he was a draft dodger.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 04:46:49 pm »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 05:06:26 pm »

I don't get to listen to Rush anymore but I read some of his pieces on Facebook.

I will never say anything against Rush.  He was my rock for so many years.  I remember coming out of my Writing Classes at night college where I was subjected to total liberalism and getting in my car where my Rush tape was waiting.

My husband would tape Rush for me during the day and I always had a Rush tape in my car.  I would turn on that tape and feel that 'all's right with the world' feeling.

I think Rush was fair during the election even though he was a little too Trump for my taste.

I won't abandon him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:31 pm »
I've been a steady listener to Limbaugh for over twenty years.  I distinctly remember him over the years running down a horde of Republicans for not being conservative enough.  Conservatism was the answer for all national problems.
And he was right. 
Then along comes a person who Rush admits is not only not a conservative, but happens to be a friend/golf buddy, and Limbaugh does cartwheels celebrating the guy's candidacy.
If he wasn't a huge hypocrite before, he certainly is now.  That's goes for Hannity as well.

Exactly, In the 90's, I read some of Limbaugh's books, and later, some of Hannity's.
They are not saying the same things now, that they did then.
It is a fact.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 07:06:43 pm »
And he was right. 

I was also a daily listener since 1988 when he went national and I was a subscriber to the Limbaugh Letter and then his online 24/7 service.  Rush abandoned everything he preached for those decades to pump Trump or he never believed in that stuff in the first place and said whatever it was he thought we wanted to hear.  I'm going with the former.   As it was, Limbaugh voted party no matter who it was they lofted up there.

As such - he abandoned me as an audience member and the principles I wrongly assumed he stood for. 

I stop listening to anyone preaching principles once it becomes clear they do not live by them and they offer excuses to justify their abandonment of sound doctrine.

Hannity I never liked.  He was somewhat watchable when he was paired against Alan Colmes, but his radio show and when he went solo on TV was just a bunch of repetitive "let me tell you something" mantras.  I do not forget the day he said that those of us who do not accept Amnesty, are irrelevant in the future of politics in this country.

Levin was the last person I gave my ear to and I finally turned him off when he too urged Conservatives to swallow their principles to vote Trump in order to "stop Hillary".  I am done practicing insanity, and since nearly every talk radio blowhard out there is all talk and not walk when it comes to Conservative principles, I'll stand on them by myself if I have to.

I will not ever listen to, nor regard anyone justifying pragmatism over principles.

In my ear, that is the exact same thing as when these words were spoken: "You shall not surely die.  Because the day you eat of it you shall become as God knowing good and evil".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 07:11:03 pm »
By Theodore Bunker   |   Friday, 22 Sep 2017 09:47 AM

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Thursday blasted his fellow conservatives who accused him of abandoning their movement in favor of President Donald Trump.

The Onion is doing articles on Limbaugh now?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.