Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'  (Read 6095 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Rush Limbaugh: 'I Haven't Changed'
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2017, 01:18:26 am »
I didn't even post to you, or if I did it was a mistake.  Women cannot be argued with because they take it personally (except me)

Good Lord.  Are you nuts??

You clearly posted to me, and it had nothing to do with what I said.

But I hope you enjoyed this little name-calling thing you just did.

It further makes my point.

(All you needed to do is say "oops.  I made a mistake" and you would look good.  But you want to further the fight you picked.  Won't work, @Emjay.  I'm not playing).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2017, 01:23:14 am »
   Thank You for sharing your brilliant insight @ConservativeGranny
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2017, 01:33:45 am »
You clearly posted to me, and it had nothing to do with what I said.

But I hope you enjoyed this little name-calling thing you just did.

It further makes my point.

(All you needed to do is say "oops.  I made a mistake" and you would look good.  But you want to further the fight you picked.  Won't work, @Emjay.  I'm not playing).

Oops, I made a mistake.  Sorry about that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2017, 01:44:15 am »
Well good for Rush! I don't begrudge him earning a living. I just am realistic about what he is and is not.

I am not surprised that his ratings are up. Who do you think these people may be? I'd be willing to bet they are mostly Trump supporters. Conservatives and Independents who do not support Trump have left a long time ago. When Trump goes down and his presidency is over those listeners will be gone too and those of us who left aren't going to be coming back. IMO Rush has yet to experience the consequences of what he has done. Heck he probably knows it but by that time he won't care. He'll just retire a very rich man.

:amen:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2017, 02:09:32 am »
Is it okay if I still like Rush?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2017, 02:10:06 am »
Oops, I made a mistake.  Sorry about that.

Thank you!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2017, 02:26:02 am »
Is it okay if I still like Rush?

I like Rush because he's an old friend.

I like him because he's always courteous to his callers.

I like him because he's funny and great at coining terms like femi-nazi.

When I was on TOS before I was kicked off during the primary season, there was a Rush thread every day and Rush was absolutely crucified on that thread because he wouldn't come all out for Trump and because he mentioned Ted Cruz favorably a lot of times.

Not sure what he's saying about Trump now, but if he's like me, he remembers the horror of the Obama years and the Clinton years and the Almost Clinton years (Hillary)

He may also feel a call to defend Trump against the ever present lies of the MSM.  He's always viewed the MSM as our enemy and never was it more true than now.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2017, 02:33:04 am »
Well good for Rush! I don't begrudge him earning a living. I just am realistic about what he is and is not.

I am not surprised that his ratings are up. Who do you think these people may be? I'd be willing to bet they are mostly Trump supporters. Conservatives and Independents who do not support Trump have left a long time ago. When Trump goes down and his presidency is over those listeners will be gone too and those of us who left aren't going to be coming back. IMO Rush has yet to experience the consequences of what he has done. Heck he probably knows it but by that time he won't care. He'll just retire a very rich man.

My aunt still listens to Rush, as well as a number of other talking heads.  She's not a Trump supporter,  but she doesn't trust the news and won't learn the internet, so she believes she is getting truth and knowledge from these supposed pundits.  Have tried to tell her otherwise, to no avail. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2017, 02:48:22 am »
My aunt still listens to Rush, as well as a number of other talking heads.  She's not a Trump supporter,  but she doesn't trust the news and won't learn the internet, so she believes she is getting truth and knowledge from these supposed pundits.  Have tried to tell her otherwise, to no avail. 

My dear ol' MoM, pushing 90 with a short stick has turned everyone and everything off (news wise) in the last 4 months and she's always loved Politics (she voted for Goldwater against my Dad's instructions), she is just so damn disgusted with the whole thing now, of course she voted for Trump but fortunately, she no longer gives any money to the RNC.
   She has found other things to occupy her time now that bring her much more joy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2017, 03:18:11 am »
Rush Limbaugh’s show has been the number one commercial talk show since at least 1987 when record keeping began.

No it wasn't.

Rush’s listenership is way up in recent months from 25 million to 28 million weekly. Hardly what I’d call “losing listeners.”

Rush at one point had peak quarter hour listenership of 60 million with an average audience of 30 million for the entire 3 hours.

Judging by your numbers he's down 2 million listeners which is a  significant drop.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:18:40 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2017, 03:26:17 am »
How can so many people who are so proud of not listening to Rush Limbaugh possibly know whether he's changed or not?   :pondering:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2017, 03:30:25 am »
How can so many people who are so proud of not listening to Rush Limbaugh possibly know whether he's changed or not?   :pondering:

When he sold out in the spring/summer of 2016 isnwhen we quit listening.

Most of us that stopped listening were there from the beginning...and I'm talking the Apple Power PC...CompuServe...Rush to Excellence tour days.

THAT is how we know he's changed
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:31:14 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2017, 03:31:09 am »
   Easy @Right_in_Virginia It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize he use to hawk Conservatism, Tea, Children's Books and Apple he dropped Conservatism for his Golf Buddy in Florida~Trump, but the rest is the same and I still don't give a $hit because he's an Apple fanboi.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2017, 03:37:40 am »
   Easy @Right_in_Virginia It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize he use to hawk Conservatism, ...

Since I don't play his show in the office, I don't listen to him consistently.  Most often it's in the car to and from lunch or meetings....but the times I've heard him recently, he's been as big a hawk of conservatism as ever.

What he is not is anti-Trump for anti-Trump sake.  I'm gathering this displeases some.  :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2017, 04:06:26 am »
Since I don't play his show in the office, I don't listen to him consistently.  Most often it's in the car to and from lunch or meetings....but the times I've heard him recently, he's been as big a hawk of conservatism as ever.

What he is not is anti-Trump for anti-Trump sake.  I'm gathering this displeases some.  :shrug:

I know.  There are people here who don't trust you if you don't diss Trump every day.

Sad.

Offline corbe

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2017, 04:20:53 am »
I know.  There are people here who don't trust you if you don't diss Trump every day.

Sad.

Ah, @Emjay I love ya like a Sister but that sword cuts both ways, because I have a tendency to 'diss' Trump more often than not, based on his actions and my peculiar predilections, I am less than trusted in some Briefers eyes also. 
   (OK, it could be my calloused sense of humor that also grates some people the wrong way.)
   You like Trump, I get it. You are holding out hope that things will turn around, I respect that too, as I do all Trumpers here on TBR and I value their contribution to this great Forum.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2017, 09:52:01 am »
I like Rush because he's an old friend.

I like him because he's always courteous to his callers.

I like him because he's funny and great at coining terms like femi-nazi.

When I was on TOS before I was kicked off during the primary season, there was a Rush thread every day and Rush was absolutely crucified on that thread because he wouldn't come all out for Trump and because he mentioned Ted Cruz favorably a lot of times.

Not sure what he's saying about Trump now, but if he's like me, he remembers the horror of the Obama years and the Clinton years and the Almost Clinton years (Hillary)

He may also feel a call to defend Trump against the ever present lies of the MSM.  He's always viewed the MSM as our enemy and never was it more true than now.

Here’s what I find interesting about this Rush topic. For several months during the primaries I stopped listening to Rush because he seemed to be sitting on the fence. I wanted him to take a stand, pick one! But he went back and forth between Cruz and Trump saying both positive and negative about both. That’s how I heard it.

But, talk to others and they were attacking Rush for promoting Cruz or others were attacking him for favoring Trump. Seemed he was in a no-win situation. Listeners heard what they wanted to hear.

Primaries and politics are highly charged topics. Just witness what occurred here at TBR. And notice too how much residual emotions are still present, months and years after the 2016 election ended.

I’ve always said politics suck – except when it doesn’t.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2017, 10:04:59 am »
No it wasn't.

Rush at one point had peak quarter hour listenership of 60 million with an average audience of 30 million for the entire 3 hours.

Judging by your numbers he's down 2 million listeners which is a  significant drop.

Just because I didn’t post a link doesn’t mean what I said wasn’t factual. A quick look at Talkers Magazine 2017 rankings should clear up any misconceptions you have about Rush’s dominance in the radio and streaming market.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2017, 11:50:09 am »
Rush is a legend, the biggest broadcaster in the history of radio; rescued AM radio largely, at least, helped it become a factor again.

Rush was fairly kind to all of the candidates except Kasich.

The fact that transcripts or excerpts of transcripts of his show are posted here means something.

You don't find that anywhere else.

The whole Salem broadcasting lineup though, right now, seems to be doing very well, Elder, Hewitt, Prager, Medved and Gallagher.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2017, 11:52:22 am »
IMO, Rush Limbaugh belongs up there with Mother Teresa.

If there was no Rush Limbaugh the past 29 years, the USA would be in a much darker place today.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2017, 12:09:21 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

We turned him off because he changed---how'd you miss that glaringly simple point?

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2017, 12:09:39 pm »

If there was no Rush Limbaugh the past 29 years, the USA would be in a much darker place today.

Lol

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2017, 12:39:21 pm »
Rush Limbaugh’s show has been the number one commercial talk show since at least 1987 when record keeping began.

Rush’s listenership is way up in recent months from 25 million to 28 million weekly. Hardly what I’d call “losing listeners.”

LOL... citation on that?  He's less than 15 million. At his peak in the 90s, he was at 20 million.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2017, 01:06:42 pm »
I stopped listening to Rush when I realized he was the water boy for the Bush family. He even admitted it on the air. I am happy to learn he not an anti-Trump just for the sake of being anti-Trump. I might tune in again now that he is no longer kissing Bush butt.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2017, 01:13:44 pm »

Above her, frankly. Her insistence on misery for people contrasts with Rush's 25 years of preaching that we should work for raising people out of misery.

Agreed...for 27 of those years.

His turn away from conservatism was disturbing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn