Author Topic: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)  (Read 6677 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 02:23:30 pm »
No, this may or may not be relevant to the Trump campaign.  Did Trump know that Manafort was dirty?  If so, I wouldn't think he would have hired someone with such known problems to run his campaign.

@Sanguine
Good grief.

This is an attempt to overthrow a President the establishment doesn't like.   Even IF Manafort is dirty his crimes wouldn't come close to those of Obama and Hillary.  Not even a shadow of the crimes we know they committed.

Yet you folks are silent about prosecuting them.   Silence speaks loudly.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 02:25:16 pm »

pfft you wouldn't know a strawman if you slept with one.

They are well on their way to overthrowing a duly elected President and you're ok with it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 02:25:59 pm »
No, this may or may not be relevant to the Trump campaign.  Did Trump know that Manafort was dirty?  If so, I wouldn't think he would have hired someone with such known problems to run his campaign.

Is he dirty? According to the article, Manafort was bugged well before the election but the surveillance was stopped due to lack of evidence.

Offline endicom

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2017, 02:27:20 pm »
Did Trump know that Manafort was dirty?

Do you? The FBI didn't find that dirt and so dropped the investigation.

But then...

But then...

But then, Manafort became, for a time, Trump's campaign manager and the FBI ran to get a new warrant. Because they knew a wiretap of Manafort was a wiretap of Trump.

Maybe the investigation should be of FBI interference in the election.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:46:39 pm by endicom »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2017, 02:27:32 pm »

It's kinda hard not to know he's dirty...

Late 2004. Ukraine holds a series of elections in which fraud is rampant. Viktor Yanukovych of the Party of Regions, who came in second in the first round, wins a runoff in November. Outcry at alleged fraud leads the European Union to reject the runoff results; Ukrainians take to the streets in protest in what comes to be known as the Orange Revolution. On a third ballot, Yanukovych again loses.

June 2005. According to the Associated Press, Manafort develops a strategic plan aimed at promoting the interests of the Russian government and President Vladimir Putin.

“We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success,” Manafort wrote in the document.

2006. Manafort signs a $10 million-a-year agreement with the Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska apparently based on that plan. The work is not conducted through Davis Manafort but through a separate corporation called LOAV Ltd.

The relationship with Deripaska also connects Manafort to Yanukovych. At some point before parliamentary elections in March 2006, the Party of Regions officially hires Davis Manafort to help reshape the party’s image. The party gains a number of seats in the election, and Yanukovych becomes prime minister in August after extensive political wrangling.

January 2006. Davis arranges a meeting between Deripaska and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). The two would meet again in August

July 2006. Deripaska’s American visa is revoked.

2007. A secret ledger kept by the Party of Regions indicates that Manafort began receiving under-the-table payments at this point — nearly two dozen of them totaling nearly $13 million. Manafort denies the allegation.

December 2007. Yanukovych is ousted as prime minister after parliamentary elections. Yulia Tymoshenko takes the position, becoming the first woman to do so.

2008. After the presidential election — Davis served as McCain’s campaign manager, creating some bad press for the candidate because of his business relationships — Davis Manafort is disbanded.

2009. Manafort’s business relationship with Deripaska continued until at least this point. It’s not clear when it ended again, according to the AP.

February 2010. Yanukovych wins the presidency with Manafort’s help. Beforehand, Manafort warns that he’s concerned about voter fraud working against his client, echoing concerns raised by his next prominent client.

2012. The last secret payment to Manafort is listed in the ledger.

Feb. 21, 2014. After prolonged protests beginning in November the year before, Yanukovych flees to Russia. The next day, he’s officially removed from his post. This triggers Russia’s incursion into Ukraine and the annexation of Crimea.

September 2014. Manafort flies to Ukraine to try to help Yanukovych’s former party once again gain power. The party is rebranded as the Oppo Bloc, at Manafort’s suggestion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/03/22/timeline-paul-manaforts-long-murky-history-of-political-interventions/?utm_term=.3f9a206c817f

Anyone who thinks the investigations into Paul Manafort are because of his association with President Trump are delusional.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2017, 02:28:37 pm »

Do you? The FBI didn't find that dirt and so dropped the investigation.

But then...

But then...

But then, Manafort became, for time, Trump's campaign manager and the FBI ran to get a new warrant. Because they knew a wiretap of Manafort was a wiretap of Trump.

Maybe the investigation should be of FBI interference in the election.

But then they picked it up again in 2014 because of who he was associating with...a full two years before he signed on with Trump.

*****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2017, 02:29:27 pm »
Obama admin: We NEVER, I repeat, NEVER wiretapped anyone in the Trump campaign but we had a court order when we did.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2017, 02:30:37 pm »

Says the guy who runs and hides behind Hillary's pantsuit...using here as a defense every time Donald's name is mentioned in a negative way.

They are well on their way to overthrowing a duly elected President and you're ok with it.

No they aren't and no I'm not.  That's just fanciful assumptions ginned up in your own fervent imagination.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2017, 02:33:36 pm »
@Sanguine
Good grief.

This is an attempt to overthrow a President the establishment doesn't like.   Even IF Manafort is dirty his crimes wouldn't come close to those of Obama and Hillary.  Not even a shadow of the crimes we know they committed.

I think the Clintons are criminal to their core.  I'd love to see them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,  I guess what we need is a President truly dedicated to law and order and to "lock her up".  Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see one of those in my lifetime.  I was hopeful #45 would be that but apparently I was wrong since Trump thinks the Clinton's have "suffered enough". 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2017, 02:42:13 pm »
I think the Clintons are criminal to their core.  I'd love to see them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law,  I guess what we need is a President truly dedicated to law and order and to "lock her up".  Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see one of those in my lifetime.  I was hopeful #45 would be that but apparently I was wrong since Trump thinks the Clinton's have "suffered enough".

@Concerned
I liked when he said he would jail her but never thought it would happen.  The Clintons have way too many friends or probably more accurately have dirt on way too many people.  Any attempt to actually prosecute them would be met with a Vince Foster.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2017, 02:42:32 pm »
Then Manafort can challenge the basis for the warrant in court. If there's nothing there, the warrant will fail and suppression will be applied. 

Otherwise, the Constitution was complied with.

Is there anything the (police) state does that you do not whole heartily approve of?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:55:51 pm by jpsb »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2017, 02:44:14 pm »
Says the guy who runs and hides behind Hillary's pantsuit...using here as a defense every time Donald's name is mentioned in a negative way.

No they aren't and no I'm not.  That's just fanciful assumptions ginned up in your own fervent imagination.

@txradioguy
You really like thinking about her in a pantsuit don't you.  Here ya go

Offline Concerned

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2017, 02:48:19 pm »
@Concerned
I liked when he said he would jail her but never thought it would happen.  The Clintons have way too many friends or probably more accurately have dirt on way too many people.  Any attempt to actually prosecute them would be met with a Vince Foster.

@driftdiver

What good does it do for folks on a message board to speak out about prosecuting the Clintons if the Clintons "have way too many friends or probably more accurately have dirt on way too many people" for it to actually happen?  I didn't run on "lock her up" the guy in the Oval Office did.  Don't worry though, I'll certainly continue to call for her prosecution and call out Trump for not doing it, as he promised, for all 4 years of his Presidency.

Offline endicom

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2017, 02:50:00 pm »
But then they picked it up again in 2014 because of who he was associating with...a full two years before he signed on with Trump.

*****rollingeyes*****

You can roll your eyes into your ears and that won't change the fact that the FBI dropped the 2014 investigation of Manafort for not finding anything to get him on.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2017, 02:52:26 pm »
@driftdiver

What good does it do for folks on a message board to speak out about prosecuting the Clintons if the Clintons "have way too many friends or probably more accurately have dirt on way too many people" for it to actually happen?  I didn't run on "lock her up" the guy in the Oval Office did.  Don't worry though, I'll certainly continue to call for her prosecution and call out Trump for not doing it, as he promised, for all 4 years of his Presidency.

@Concerned
I'd love to see them prosecuted but have had my hopes dashed too many times.   They are untouchable.  The best we can hope for is they'll go away but even that seems less likely at the moment.

Of one thing I'm sure, they will eventually pay for their crimes.  In this life or the next, but they will be judged. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2017, 02:56:18 pm »

You can roll your eyes into your ears and that won't change the fact that the FBI dropped the 2014 investigation of Manafort for not finding anything to get him on.

They obviously have or had new evidence in order to start it up again.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 02:57:21 pm »
@txradioguy
You really like thinking about her in a pantsuit don't you.  Here ya go

Again with the deflections.

Pathetic.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2017, 02:57:49 pm »
@Concerned
I'd love to see them prosecuted but have had my hopes dashed too many times.   They are untouchable.  The best we can hope for is they'll go away but even that seems less likely at the moment.

Of one thing I'm sure, they will eventually pay for their crimes.  In this life or the next, but they will be judged.

Look @driftdiver you’re the one who said folks should call on her to be prosecuted and then as soon as someone does, you reject it as something that would “never happen”.    I just don’t understand the logic of that, that's all.   :seeya:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »

I have heard of Jungle Fever.  Would the strawman fetish be considered Hay Fever?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2017, 03:05:07 pm »
I have heard of Jungle Fever.  Would the strawman fetish be considered Hay Fever?

@edpc
In a new development it appears related to a fascination with pantsuits.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2017, 03:06:20 pm »
Again with the deflections.

Pathetic.

@txradioguy
No deflection at all, I wouldn't want to distract from your focus on her pantsuits.

Just because you are denial is no reason to insult anyone.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2017, 03:07:45 pm »
Look @driftdiver you’re the one who said folks should call on her to be prosecuted and then as soon as someone does, you reject it as something that would “never happen”.    I just don’t understand the logic of that, that's all.   :seeya:

@Concerned
well excuse me!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2017, 03:22:41 pm »

I can't speak for DD, but as for me, it's cynicism.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2017, 03:32:09 pm »
@Sanguine
Good grief.

Far from silent about prosecuting Hillary. I'd just as soon see the whole lot in orange coveralls or dancing on a heavy string. The person who said 'shes been through enough' set the tone of her getting away with murder.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2017, 03:33:32 pm »
Far from silent about prosecuting Hillary. I'd just as soon see the whole lot in orange coveralls or dancing on a heavy string. The person who said 'shes been through enough' set the tone of her getting away with murder.

That was one of the campaign promises I was really hoping he'd go through with.  Sadly it was one of the first he went back on.