Author Topic: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)  (Read 6638 times)

Offline endicom

CNN
Evan Perez, Shimon Prokupecz and Pamela Brown
Sept. 18, 2017

Washington (CNN)US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election, sources tell CNN, an extraordinary step involving a high-ranking campaign official now at the center of the Russia meddling probe.

The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.

Some of the intelligence collected includes communications that sparked concerns among investigators that Manafort had encouraged the Russians to help with the campaign, according to three sources familiar with the investigation. Two of these sources, however, cautioned that the evidence is not conclusive.

More... http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/paul-manafort-government-wiretapped-fisa-russians/index.html

Online DB

What a mess...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So Trump was correct way back when he said they were doing this.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

@SteveDeaceShow  56m56 minutes ago

Story is NOT that Trump was illegally wiretapped. The story is legal warrants were obtained to wiretap his campaign manager. #Facts
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online DB

All I can say is Obama and crew better have a damn good reason why they wiretapped Trump's campaign chairman.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:09:00 am by DB »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Government wiretapped Manafort during and after 2016: report
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:58:52 am »
Government wiretapped Manafort during and after 2016: report
By Brandon Carter - 09/18/17 07:08 PM EDT

The government wiretapped the phone of President Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, CNN reported on Monday

Sources familiar with the matter told CNN that the government obtained a secret court order under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in 2014. The warrant allegedly focused on his work consulting for the government of Ukraine.

That warrant was reportedly ended in 2016, but the FBI obtained a second one soon after which lasted until early 2017, including periods when Manafort was speaking with Trump.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/351263-us-government-wiretapped-former-trump-campaign-chairman-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

All I can say is Obama and crew better have a damn good reason why the wiretapped Trump's campaign chairman.

Apparently good enough to convince a court to authorize the wiretap. 

Offline endicom

What about the Podesta Group and Mercury LLC?

Offline driftdiver

Doesn't take much apparently.  They haven't said no to anyone in years.

Online DB

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much these days.

Oceander

Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 01:09:33 am »
Doesn't take much apparently.  They haven't said no to anyone in years.

Then Manafort can challenge the basis for the warrant in court. If there's nothing there, the warrant will fail and suppression will be applied. 

Otherwise, the Constitution was complied with. 

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman (Manafort)
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 01:20:36 am »

@DerekCressman

Just to clear up any confusion, there is a big difference between a judge ordering a wiretap on Manafort and Obama ordering one on Trump
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 01:23:47 am »
What about the Podesta Group and Mercury LLC?

How about stopping with the whataboutism.....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 01:24:21 am »
Then Manafort can challenge the basis for the warrant in court. If there's nothing there, the warrant will fail and suppression will be applied. 

Otherwise, the Constitution was complied with.

$$$$  Do you have a friend in on this?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 01:34:57 am »
@DerekCressman

Just to clear up any confusion, there is a big difference between a judge ordering a wiretap on Manafort and Obama ordering one on Trump

Not really both captured privileged conversations.

gogogodzilla

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:49 am »
All I can say is Obama and crew better have a damn good reason why they wiretapped Trump's campaign chairman.

Well, he was heavily involved in getting Viktor Yanukovych elected in the Ukraine (ie: Putin's lapdog, who was deposed in 2014).

If that isn't a good enough reason to collect on the guy *prior* to the the 2016 election campaign...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:36:58 am by gogogodzilla »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 01:48:27 am »

Not the first time it was submitted.  That was denied.  Makes me wonder what additional evidence was included in round two and how they came by it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DB

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:32 am »
Not the first time it was submitted.  That was denied.  Makes me wonder what additional evidence was included in round two and how they came by it.

Or just shopped for a different judge.

Offline endicom

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 01:51:01 am »

How about stopping with the whataboutism.....

No, thanks. The investigation is supposed to be about possible Russian involvement in the election.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 01:51:50 am »
Well, he was heavily involved in getting Viktor Yanukovych elected in the Ukraine (ie: Putin's lapdog, who was deposed in 2014).

If that isn't a good enough reason to collect on the guy *prior* to the the 2016 election campaign...

Is that illegal? 

I'd expect to see a much greater justification.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 01:54:15 am »
Or just shopped for a different judge.

Perhaps, but they submitted additional evidence in October 2016, after being denied in June.  Levin lays this all out back in March 2017.  At the time, the MSM labeled it a conspiracy theory, despite his quoting of mainstream sources.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/03/05/mark-levin-breaks-trump-wiretapping-claims/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:57:29 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 01:57:35 am »

How much time or money would that require?

gogogodzilla

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 01:57:41 am »
Is that illegal? 

I'd expect to see a much greater justification.

I dunno, is it the job of our intel agencies to collect on foreign governments?

If so, then collecting on a foreign government's election campaigns and their staff would stand to reason.

--

Are you saying we don't/shouldn't do that?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:58:31 am by gogogodzilla »

Online DB

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 01:58:00 am »

The vast majority of these election gurus are hired guns that will work for anyone who pays enough. Most of them are way past the principles thing.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 02:17:31 am »
I dunno, is it the job of our intel agencies to collect on foreign governments?

If so, then collecting on a foreign government's election campaigns and their staff would stand to reason.

--

Are you saying we don't/shouldn't do that?

I'm saying wiretapping any american campaign  is a big deal.   I could care less about ukraines.