Author Topic: Donald Trump Will Soon Learn the Lesson of Many Republicans Before Him  (Read 429 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
There is a theory out there that Donald Trump is doing what he has been doing – dealing with the Democrats – because he is hooked on the spotlight. The praise of “actually getting things done” appeals to him because he is an addict.

He is addicted to the praise. He is addicted to the spotlight. The idea of being considered a man who has broken gridlock in Washington D.C. by getting Congress to work is an idea he likes because it gives him a legacy… that’s what the theory inevitably leads to, anyway......

https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2017/09/18/donald-trump-will-soon-learn-lesson-many-republicans/?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=socialflow_RedState&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Offline berdie

Re: Donald Trump Will Soon Learn the Lesson of Many Republicans Before Him
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:29:12 pm »
I think many of the things in this article are spot on.

When the Dems take control of the House and Senate again, and I believe they will, they will start impeachment proceedings for some trumped up charge (no pun intended).

He probably won't have a single Pub to stand with him.

RAT Patrol

Re: Donald Trump Will Soon Learn the Lesson of Many Republicans Before Him
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:43:29 pm »
I think many of the things in this article are spot on.

When the Dems take control of the House and Senate again, and I believe they will, they will start impeachment proceedings for some trumped up charge (no pun intended).

He probably won't have a single Pub to stand with him.

It is certainly possible that Trump needs a constant praise fix.  Everything about him screams narcissist.  However I also wonder if there are some back back back room deals being played here.  Trump is obsessed with his own scandals, too.  Plus he has no core values other than his own adulation and bank balance.  He would do anything and sell anyone down the river to broker a deal that gets him and his offspring out of trouble.  It's the praise and the money, but also he fears the investigations and is experienced at brokering backstabbing deals (bankruptcies) as a means of escaping his own self inflicted wounds.