Author Topic: ESPN Doesn’t Punish Host Who Called Trump an Ignorant White Supremacist  (Read 423 times)

rangerrebew

ESPN Doesn’t Punish Host Who Called Trump an Ignorant White Supremacist

By Nancy Flory Published on September 14, 2017 

An ESPN host had her hand slapped Tuesday after she posted on social media a note calling Donald Trump a “white supremacist.” On Monday, co-host of the 6 p.m. SportsCenter broadcast Jemele Hill tweeted that, “Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists.” She then tweeted that, “Trump is the most ignorant, offensive president of my lifetime. His rise is a direct result of white supremacy. Period.”

https://stream.org/espn-doesnt-punish-co-host/

Offline goatprairie

Re: ESPN Doesn’t Punish Host Who Called Trump an Ignorant White Supremacist
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 12:24:50 pm »
"black privilege" in play here.  White hosts who say nasty things about presidents (especially black presidents) would find themselves out on their ears in short order.  Black hosts can pretty much say anything about a white president and get away with it. In reality, black hosts can pretty much say anything about anything and get away with it.
I guess if Hill had wished somebody would kill Trump the ESPN big shots might get a little disturbed.
The fact is black ESPN hosts i.e. Hill, Wilbon, Smith and others make racially charged  statements all the time, and nothing is done to them.

Oceander

Re: ESPN Doesn’t Punish Host Who Called Trump an Ignorant White Supremacist
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 12:26:49 pm »
"black privilege" in play here.  White hosts who say nasty things about presidents (especially black presidents) would find themselves out on their ears in short order.  Black hosts can pretty much say anything about a white president and get away with it. In reality, black hosts can pretty much say anything about anything and get away with it.
I guess if Hill had wished somebody would kill Trump the ESPN big shots might get a little disturbed.
The fact is black ESPN hosts i.e. Hill, Wilbon, Smith and others make racially charged  statements all the time, and nothing is done to them.

Basically.  The fascists on the left like to go on about white privilege, but the only real privilege is "black privilege" and it's more generalized cousin, ethnic minority privilege.